Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Relationship (or difference) between AIX and AS/400 Post 302069861 by panchopp on Wednesday 29th of March 2006 04:36:26 PM
Old 03-29-2006
Ok, got it.. "homework" question Smilie. Did the research, but came up with two more questions:
1) Can AIX run over anything else besides AS/400? I don't know much about hardware so I'm not sure which are the possibilities.
2) Is there anyway to figure out over which system AIX is running? (sth alike the "uname" command but to get "AS/400" or whatever, instead of "AIX X" or whatever.
Thanks,
panchopp.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

IBM AIX on AS/400 Systems

Sry for my beginner question. I didn't find a list with all supported server types for an AIX 5.3 installation. Unfortunately ibm.com page has problems with the sign in so I can't ask in the ibm foum. Will AIX 5.3 run on a 9402, 9404 or 9406 system? Thanks for your help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: analyzer
3 Replies

2. AIX

difference between Aix V5.2 and V5.3

Can anybody help me in giving some quick tips... on the updates on this new version AIX V5.3?? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsabarinath
4 Replies

3. Solaris

apache ErrorDocument 400 /cgi-bin/400.cgi

Hi All, Sorry if the question is trivial for you but, I am new to Apache (2.0.63) and am trying to figure out how to display my 400.cgi. Here is what I have in httpd.conf servername testing DocumentRoot "/usr/local/apache2/htdocs" ErrorDocument 400 /cgi-bin/badrequest-400.cgi Here is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: afadaghi
0 Replies

4. AIX

Difference between AIX 5.2 and AIX 5.3

I would like to know the difference between AIX 5.2 and AIX 5.3 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AIXlearner
1 Replies

5. AIX

Difference between ML and TL in AIX

Difference between ML and TL in AIX (2 Replies)
2 Replies

6. AIX

Difference between Major and Minor in AIX

Difference between Major and Minor in AIX (5 Replies)
5 Replies

7. AIX

difference between AIx and Linux and Unix

Sir , Can any body explain the difference between linux , Unix and AIx on command Reference all the command on AIx and unix is same or not please reply (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arif185
2 Replies

8. Solaris

relationship or difference between entitled memory and locked memory

Hello solaris experts, Being new to solaris containers, from Linux, feeling difficulty in understanding certain concepts. Hope somebody can help me here. I understand that, & some questions .... Locked memory -- memory which will not be swapped out at any cause. is this for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thegeek
0 Replies

9. AIX

What is the difference between AIX 6L and AIX 6.1?

Are AIX 6.1 and AIX 6L different? I am installing an Oracle client on AIX 6.1 OracleŽ Database Section 4.3 talks about Oracle patches needed for AIX 6L. I have AIX 6.1 I wonder if this section is applicable to 6.1 also or not! Help! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shoefiend
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AIX to Linux command difference

Moving from AIX 6.1 to RHEL 6.6, I have noticed a few command differences. One that has been causing issue is a simple echo command when I have to use it this way -> "echo -e" On the AIX it outputs to "-e" but since RHEL has "-e" as an option for echo and hence it outputs to blank here. All... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aster007
3 Replies
REMQUO(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 						 REMQUO(3)

NAME
remquo -- floating-point remainder and quotient function SYNOPSIS
#include <math.h> double remquo(double x, double y, int *quo); long double remquol(long double x, long double y, int *quo); float remquof(float x, float y, int *quo); DESCRIPTION
The remquo() functions compute the value r such that r = x - n*y, where n is the integer nearest the exact value of x/y. If there are two integers closest to x/y, n shall be the even one. If r is zero, it is given the same sign as x. This is the same value that is returned by the remainder() function. remquo() also calculates the lower seven bits of the integral quotient x/y, and gives that value the same sign as x/y. It stores this signed value in the object pointed to by quo. SPECIAL VALUES
remquo(x, y, quo) returns a NaN and raises the "invalid" floating-point exception if x is infinite or y is 0. VECTOR OPERATIONS
If you need to apply the remquo() function to SIMD vectors or arrays, using the following functions provided by the Accelerate.framework may give significantly better performance: #include <Accelerate/Accelerate.h> vFloat vremquo(vFloat x, vFloat y, vUInt32 *q); SEE ALSO
math(3), remainder(3) STANDARDS
The remquo() functions conform to ISO/IEC 9899:2011. BSD
December 11, 2006 BSD