Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Permission 711---RWX---X---X
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Permission 711---RWX---X---X Post 302069827 by panchopp on Wednesday 29th of March 2006 10:50:53 AM
Old 03-29-2006
I see... good info, txs!

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

permission help

Ok heres the situation I've been studying Solaris 8 for about 6 months now and some things click in my head but others don't. One of the things that don't click are file permissions. For example I login at work and I use the ls -l command to get a long listing of the files w/ the permissions.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eloquent99
2 Replies

2. SCO

sftp on unixware 711 doesnt have -b option

I installed openssh on 711 to gain ssh and sftp. When i type sftp (installed in /usr/local/bin) i get the following available options usage: sftp host which isnt what i expect. I expect the full implementation : sftp host sftp host]] sftp host]]... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: townsenn
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to set the default file persmission of file to "rwx"

hi. I want to set the default permission for ever new created file to rwxrwxrwx .. I try umask 000 but it does't not give the execute persmission , is there any way to set the default permission for every new created file to rwxrwxrwx .. thankx (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: tahir23
9 Replies

4. Solaris

consequence of chmod o-rwx ....

Hi guys I really want to know about the consequence of giving following command, on solaris 10 (sparc.) What would be effect of this on whole system and services running on system and what commands will be required exactly to get back the original perms . I recently tried above command... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: upengan78
3 Replies

5. Solaris

create user with RWX access to a specific directory in Solaris 10

I need to create a user account for a developer that will allow him rwx access to all resources in a directory. How can I do that? Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsander
5 Replies

6. Hardware

scsi for Sun 711 multipack

Hello, I have a sun multipack 711 (6 disk version) I want to add disk and wondered which scsi disk and scsi interface would be appropriate. According to my research the 711 is ultra scsi. Looking on ebay its difficult to ascertain which type of scsi interface would be best. I simply want to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Carlt23
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to create a Group with rwx permission?

I want to create a GROUP with rwx permission. Also, I want to create a GROUP with root privileges, so that next time i create a user, I just need to add it to any of the groups and privileges automatically applied. please help. Thanks, Shouvanik (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shouvanik
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Umask to generate files with rwx permissions for all

i need my script1.sh to generate /tmp/temp.txt with full permissions i.e -rwxrwxrwx 1 user1 users 23 Dec 16 10:52 /tmp/temp.txtmore script1.sh umask 666 echo "hello">/tmp/temp.txt But the script1.sh generates temp.txt with different permissions as shown below. -rwxr-xr-x 1 user1 users... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
6 Replies
shishi_realm_default_guess(3)					      shishi					     shishi_realm_default_guess(3)

NAME
shishi_realm_default_guess - API function SYNOPSIS
#include <shishi.h> char * shishi_realm_default_guess( void); ARGUMENTS
void DESCRIPTION
Guesses a realm based on getdomainname() (which really is NIS/YP domain, but if it is set it might be a good guess), or if it fails, based on gethostname(), or if it fails, the string "could-not-guess-default-realm". Note that the hostname is not trimmed off of the data returned by gethostname() to get the domain name and use that as the realm. RETURN VALUE
Returns guessed realm for host as a string that has to be deallocated with free() by the caller. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-shishi@gnu.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002-2010 Simon Josefsson. Copying and distribution of this file, with or without modification, are permitted in any medium without royalty provided the copyright notice and this notice are preserved. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for shishi is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and shishi programs are properly installed at your site, the command info shishi should give you access to the complete manual. shishi 1.0.1 shishi_realm_default_guess(3)