Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Permission 711---RWX---X---X
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Permission 711---RWX---X---X Post 302069730 by bobo on Tuesday 28th of March 2006 08:07:16 PM
Old 03-28-2006
Data

I have a file with permisson 711; but when an other user run the program, it can't open. This is the message:

/sbin/sh: ./myprogram: cannot open

Can any1 tell me why please?

Thanks!

#2 1 Day Ago
Perderabo
Unix Daemon Join Date: Aug 2001

That "myprogram" file must be a shell script. Shells need to read a file to execute it.

Question:

Is this mean in the beginning of the program I have to have:

/sbin/sh

codes
codes
codes

Thanks!

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

permission help

Ok heres the situation I've been studying Solaris 8 for about 6 months now and some things click in my head but others don't. One of the things that don't click are file permissions. For example I login at work and I use the ls -l command to get a long listing of the files w/ the permissions.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eloquent99
2 Replies

2. SCO

sftp on unixware 711 doesnt have -b option

I installed openssh on 711 to gain ssh and sftp. When i type sftp (installed in /usr/local/bin) i get the following available options usage: sftp host which isnt what i expect. I expect the full implementation : sftp host sftp host]] sftp host]]... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: townsenn
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to set the default file persmission of file to "rwx"

hi. I want to set the default permission for ever new created file to rwxrwxrwx .. I try umask 000 but it does't not give the execute persmission , is there any way to set the default permission for every new created file to rwxrwxrwx .. thankx (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: tahir23
9 Replies

4. Solaris

consequence of chmod o-rwx ....

Hi guys I really want to know about the consequence of giving following command, on solaris 10 (sparc.) What would be effect of this on whole system and services running on system and what commands will be required exactly to get back the original perms . I recently tried above command... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: upengan78
3 Replies

5. Solaris

create user with RWX access to a specific directory in Solaris 10

I need to create a user account for a developer that will allow him rwx access to all resources in a directory. How can I do that? Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsander
5 Replies

6. Hardware

scsi for Sun 711 multipack

Hello, I have a sun multipack 711 (6 disk version) I want to add disk and wondered which scsi disk and scsi interface would be appropriate. According to my research the 711 is ultra scsi. Looking on ebay its difficult to ascertain which type of scsi interface would be best. I simply want to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Carlt23
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to create a Group with rwx permission?

I want to create a GROUP with rwx permission. Also, I want to create a GROUP with root privileges, so that next time i create a user, I just need to add it to any of the groups and privileges automatically applied. please help. Thanks, Shouvanik (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shouvanik
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Umask to generate files with rwx permissions for all

i need my script1.sh to generate /tmp/temp.txt with full permissions i.e -rwxrwxrwx 1 user1 users 23 Dec 16 10:52 /tmp/temp.txtmore script1.sh umask 666 echo "hello">/tmp/temp.txt But the script1.sh generates temp.txt with different permissions as shown below. -rwxr-xr-x 1 user1 users... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
6 Replies
mlib_SignalLinear2uLaw(3MLIB)				    mediaLib Library Functions				     mlib_SignalLinear2uLaw(3MLIB)

NAME
mlib_SignalLinear2uLaw - ITU G.711 m-law and A-law compression and decompression SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lmlib [ library... ] #include <mlib.h> mlib_status mlib_SignalLinear2uLaw(mlib_u8 *ucode, const mlib_s16 *pcm, mlib_s32 n); DESCRIPTION
The mlib_SignalLinear2uLaw() function performs ITU G.711 m-law and A-law compression and decompression in compliance with the ITU (Former CCITT) G.711 specification. PARAMETERS
The function takes the following arguments: ucode m-law code array. pcm Linear PCM sample array. n Number of samples in the source array. RETURN VALUES
The function returns MLIB_SUCCESS if successful. Otherwise it returns MLIB_FAILURE. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mlib_SignalALaw2Linear(3MLIB), mlib_SignalALaw2uLaw(3MLIB), mlib_SignalLinear2ALaw(3MLIB), mlib_SignaluLaw2ALaw(3MLIB), mlib_Signalu- Law2Linear(3MLIB), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 9 Nov 2004 mlib_SignalLinear2uLaw(3MLIB)