Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Segment Fault
Top Forums Programming Segment Fault Post 302069691 by Rakesh Ranjan on Tuesday 28th of March 2006 01:15:00 PM
Old 03-28-2006
I dare to rectify ur code though I agree with others that ur code shouldn't compile.

Code:
#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#define max 20

//****************************************************
//     Input Matrix
//****************************************************

void inMatrixAA(int AA[max][max], int row, int col)
{     int i,j;
        for( i = 0; i<row; i++)
           {
               for( j = 0; j<col; j++)
                 scanf("%d",&AA[i][j]);
           }
}

//*****************************************************
//   Print Matrix
//*****************************************************

void prMatrix( int AA[max][max], int row, int col)
{       int i,j;
           for(i =0; i<row; i++)
              {
                 for(j = 0; j<col; j++)
                   printf("%d\n",AA[i][j]);
              }
}

int main(int argc,char *argv[])
   {
       int A[max][max];
       int m,k;
       int ii,jj;
        for (ii = 0; ii<max;ii++)
         {
           for(jj =0;jj<max;jj++)
            {
              A[ii][jj] = 0;
            }
         }
         printf("Enter values for m, k\n");
       scanf("%d%d",&m,&k);
       printf("Input Matrix A");
       inMatrixAA(A, m, k);
       printf("Print Matrix A");
       prMatrix(A, m, k);
       return 0;
   }

It shall compile.
I would like u to advise :
1) In C use constants expressions in specifying the size of array
U may use preprocessors like #define though.
2) Take care with pointers (if u r passing pointer to pointer in
invoking the function then keep the same in defintion of the function)

Hope these help u.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract segment

Hey all, could someone please direct me on how to extract a segment from a file between two tags? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mpang_
1 Replies

2. Programming

a strange segment fault about ltp-posix test

Hi all In the ltp-posix test,there is a case in open_posix_testsuite\conformance\interfaces\timer_gettime\speculative/6-1.c I run the above code,it will has a segment fault, if I modify it to below,it works well Anybody can tell me why? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
1 Replies

3. Programming

How can I know where the segment of memory is all Zero?

I mean, I malloc a segment of memory, maybe 1k maybe 20bytes.. assume the pointer is pMem How can I know the content pMem refered is all Zero or \0 . I know memcmp but the second parameter should another memory address... thanx (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: macroideal
4 Replies

4. Programming

Segment Violation

Hi to all. I'm reciving a "Segment violation" error from this code and I don't know why. void insertAtEnd(NodeType *pList) { char element; printf("Introduce a element: \n"); setbuf(stdin, NULL); scanf("%c", &element); //Find the end of the list; while... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: daniel.gbaena
4 Replies

5. Programming

Data segment or Text segment

Hi, Whether the following piece of code is placed in the read-only memory of code (text) segment or data segment? char *a = "Hello"; I am getting two different answers while searching in google :( that's why the confusion is (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
7 Replies

6. Programming

why segment fault,

I always get segment fault, why? can sb help me and modify it, I have spend on much time on #include <pthread.h> #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <sys/time.h> #include <string.h> #define MAX 10 pthread_t thread; void *thread1() { int *a; int i, n; ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
1 Replies

7. Programming

Segment-fault handling for pthreads

Hi I have struggling a week to fix a program , in the begining i got SIGBUS , but after many attempts still the program gets SIGSEGV segment fault , In bellow i post the seg fault log + source codes. would really appreciate if experts help me to fix this segment fault error. any advice is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pooyair
2 Replies

8. Programming

Using gdb, ignore beginning segmentation fault until reproduce environment segmentation fault

I use a binary name (ie polo) it gets some parameter , so for debugging normally i do this : i wrote script for watchdog my app (polo) and check every second if it's not running then start it , the problem is , if my app , remain in state of segmentation fault for a while (ie 15 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pooyair
6 Replies

9. Programming

Segment fault for C++ program when return vector

I am trying to reverse complement DNA sequence (string) with a short c++ code using boost library. Code was compiled without any warning/error, but ran into Segmentation fault. My guess is the function to return a vector, but not sure. #include <iostream> #include <fstream> #include <string>... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
14 Replies

10. Programming

Segment fault related to strlen.S

Hello, This function was copied into my code, which was compiled without error/warning, but when executed there is always Segmentation fault at the end after the output (which seems correct!): void get_hashes(unsigned int hash, unsigned char *in) { unsigned char *str = in; int pos =... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
7 Replies
mlib_VectorMaximumMag_U8C(3MLIB)			    mediaLib Library Functions				  mlib_VectorMaximumMag_U8C(3MLIB)

NAME
mlib_VectorMaximumMag_U8C, mlib_VectorMaximumMag_S8C, mlib_VectorMaximumMag_S16C, mlib_VectorMaximumMag_S32C, mlib_VectorMaximumMag_F32C, mlib_VectorMaximumMag_D64C - find the first element with the maximum magnitude in a vector SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lmlib [ library... ] #include <mlib.h> mlib_status mlib_VectorMaximumMag_U8C(mlib_u8 *max, const mlib_u8 *x, mlib_s32 n); mlib_status mlib_VectorMaximumMag_S8C(mlib_s8 *max, const mlib_s8 *x, mlib_s32 n); mlib_status mlib_VectorMaximumMag_S16C(mlib_s16 *max, const mlib_s16 *x, mlib_s32 n); mlib_status mlib_VectorMaximumMag_S32C(mlib_s32 *max, const mlib_s32 *x, mlib_s32 n); mlib_status mlib_VectorMaximumMag_F32C(mlib_f32 *max, const mlib_f32 *x, mlib_s32 n); mlib_status mlib_VectorMaximumMag_D64C(mlib_d64 *max, const mlib_d64 *x, mlib_s32 n); DESCRIPTION
Each of these functions finds the first element with the maximum magnitude in a complex vector, then puts the real and imaginary parts of it into max[0] and max[1], respectively. PARAMETERS
Each of the functions takes the following arguments: max Pointer to the first element with the maximum magnitude. x Pointer to the first element of the source vector. n Number of elements in the source vector. RETURN VALUES
Each of the functions returns MLIB_SUCCESS if successful. Otherwise it returns MLIB_FAILURE. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Committed | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mlib_VectorMinimumMag_U8C(3MLIB), mlib_MatrixMaximumMag_U8C(3MLIB), mlib_MatrixMinimumMag_U8C(3MLIB), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 2 Mar 2007 mlib_VectorMaximumMag_U8C(3MLIB)