Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Specifying network configuration info Post 302069684 by RTM on Tuesday 28th of March 2006 11:50:09 AM
Old 03-28-2006
See the SA guide on docs.sun.com

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

HP-UX Network Configuration

Hi, I have installed a HP-UX B.11.00 U 9000/800 Server in one of the domain. And I'm also able to telnet/ping into this server from systems in the same domain. But I'm not able to telnet/ping into this server from a different domain. So, what shoud need to do to achieve this... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: S.Vishwanath
6 Replies

2. Solaris

network configuration

hi again... i configured my network settings sometiime ago using the sys-unconfig command.the active link was rtls0. there was some problem with the network so i changed the ISP. now when im trying to reconfigure the system wit sys-unconfig, it tries to configure the network on rtls1 (and shows... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: strider
1 Replies

3. Linux

Get info on network interface

Hello everybody, How can link network interface to the output of lspci -vv. Basicly i need to know who is the manufacturer of a specific interface, for example eth0 {Is it an Intel, or Broadcome, or something else}. Is there a way to find that out? Thanx (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aleksey
5 Replies

4. AIX

change network info

hi all, how do i change the routing info and make sure i will be able to connect remotely? any ideas please? thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

5. SCO

Network Configuration

I have a SCO 5.07 Server and I am trying to get it on my network. I have edited the /etc/hosts file and /etc/rc2.d/s99route . I has connectivity on the NIC card but not sure if I am forgetting another file. Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: andrewd
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

network configuration

I am using solaris 10, my internet works alright but each time i reboot i keep loosing my connection. I will have to use the ifconfig iprb0 192.168.1.xx netmask 255.255.255.0 up and Route add default 192.168.1.xxx command to gain back my internet. I know there is a better way of addressing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: seyiisq
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Network configuration

Hi I have installed Solaris 5.10 on Intel x86 machine (standalone). I want to access internet through solaris. How should I configure the network? Is static IP or DHCP advisable? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnl
5 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

kde network info app

In gnome there was an indicator applet that displayed your ip address, subnet mask, gateway, and dns. Is there a similar applet in kde? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Show all network info

Is there a command that display all network info. I'm looking for ip address, subnet mask, gateway, and dns. If there isn't a single command could someone please write me a shellscript that can do this? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need network info of servers

Hi, Need to Collect IP Details in the following format ServerName ; IPADDR1 ; NETMASK1 ; IPADDR2 ; NETMASK2 ; IPADDR3 ; NETMASK3 ; Could you please give me the suggesstions. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajasekg
1 Replies
dhelp_parse(8)							Debian Linux manual						    dhelp_parse(8)

NAME
dhelp_parse - Debian online help parser SYNOPSIS
dhelp_parse [ -r | -i | -a doc-base_file | -d doc-base_file ] DESCRIPTION
This program is used by package developers to register the documents included in a package. In most cases it is called by install-docs (see doc-base package), which in turn is called from the postinst and prerm scripts of a Debian package. An index of the registered documents is written in the directory /usr/share/doc/HTML OPTIONS
-h,--help Displays the help page. -a Adds the documentation found in the given doc-base files to the dhelp database. -d Deletes the documentation found in the given doc-base files from the dhelp database. -i Does an incremental update of the documents index for all documentation added with the -a switch after the last index update. -r Ignored, kept for compatibility. PACKAGE DEVELOPERS
You should usually rely on install-docs to do the work for you, but if for some reason you want to use dhelp_parse directly (not recom- mended!), you have to call it like this: postinst if [ -x /usr/sbin/dhelp_parse ]; then dhelp_parse -a /var/lib/doc-base/documents/foo fi prerm if [ -x /usr/sbin/dhelp_parse ]; then dhelp_parse -d /var/lib/doc-base/documents/foo fi Note that /var/lib/doc-base/documents/foo has to be a valid doc-base file (see doc-base documentation). SEE ALSO
dhelp(1), install-docs(8) AUTHOR
This package was written by Esteban Manchado Velazquez (zoso@debian.org). Debian 29 May 2008 dhelp_parse(8)