Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Characters not displaying
Operating Systems Solaris Characters not displaying Post 302069649 by mwfisher on Tuesday 28th of March 2006 07:23:33 AM
Old 03-28-2006
Characters not displaying

Hi,

Does anyone know what i need to do to get the 'é' character to display on a Solaris 9 server. When i try to cut and paste it onto some of my machines via telnet it displays an 'i' but other machines with the same OS version are ok. It also doesn't like Japanese Characters.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

displaying date

Hi All, When I type date..I get the date, time ..etc displayed ...but can someone help me to display yesterdays date... some script to display back dates. Thanks in advance Minaz (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: minazk
7 Replies

2. SCO

vi editor not displaying?

Hi guys, I have changed some path in the vi .profile and then i shutdown the system and when i reboot it i was unable to use vi. It is showing vi not found.Likewise for few other commands also. How to solve this problem and make vi work again. Plz. do provide the answer it is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ananthu_m
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

displaying with ls

hi, how can display year parameter also while listing files from a directory?it displyas only if last acces sis more than 1 yr i guess.can it be dispalyed using some option or some method? thanks and regards vivek.s (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivekshankar
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace characters with random characters

I've got a file (numbers.txt) filled with numbers and I want to replace each one of those numbers with a new random number between 0 and 9. This is my script so far: #!/bin/bash rand=$(($RANDOM % 9)) sed -i s//$rand/g numbers.txtThe problem that I have is that it replaces each number with just... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hellocatfood
2 Replies

5. Programming

Displaying a characters out of an input file in C++

stupid question (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: puttster
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace special characters with Escape characters?

i need to replace the any special characters with escape characters like below. test!=123-> test\!\=123 !@#$%^&*()-= to be replaced by \!\@\#\$\%\^\&\*\(\)\-\= (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed replacing specific characters and control characters by escaping

sed -e "s// /g" old.txt > new.txt While I do know some control characters need to be escaped, can normal characters also be escaped and still work the same way? Basically I do not know all control characters that have a special meaning, for example, ?, ., % have a meaning and have to be escaped... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ijustneeda
11 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

PuTTY displaying "special" characters

I'm not really sure which forum this question should go into, so I'm posting it here. I work with AIX and RHEL systems using PuTTY (Release 0.60_q1.129) from a Windows 7 workstation. Some of the files we get from z/OS use "special" characters as delimiters. These characters include Hex 18... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: derndingle
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove first 2 characters and last two characters of each line

here's what im trying to do. i have a file containing lines similar to this: data.txt: 1hsRmRsbHRiSFZNTTA1dlEyMWFkbU5wUW5CSlIyeDFTVU5SYjJOSFRuWmpia0ZuWXpKV2FHTnRU 1lKUnpWMldrZFZaMG95V25oYQpSelEyWTBka2QyRklhSHBrUjA1b1kwUkJkd3BOVXpWM1lVaG5k... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Outputting characters after a given string and reporting the characters in the row below --sed

I have this fastq file: @M04961:22:000000000-B5VGJ:1:1101:9280:7106 1:N:0:86 GGGGGGGGGGGGCATGAAAACATACAAACCGTCTTTCCAGAAATTGTTCCAAGTATCGGCAACAGCTTTATCAATACCATGAAAAATATCAACCACACCA +test-1 GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGCCGGGGGFF,EDFFGEDFG,@DGGCGGEGGG7DCGGGF68CGFFFGGGG@CGDGFFDFEFEFF:30CGAFFDFEFF8CAF;;8... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
10 Replies
dxjim(1X)																 dxjim(1X)

NAME
dxjim - An input server for Japanese DESCRIPTION
In a Motif environment such as CDE, Asian language input methods are supported by independent processes called input servers. The Japanese input server (dxjim) is an X client process that can run on a standard X server, provided that the server system has the required Japanese fonts installed. This means that the Japanese input server can run on any system that can access your X display device, including the device itself. Starting the Input Server If your CDE session language is set to Japanese, the Japanese input server is started automatically, and both the language setting and the Japanese input method is available for applications that you start during that session. If your session language is not set to Japanese, you can switch to Japanese from a terminal emulation window by setting the LANG environment variable to a Japanese locale. From the same terminal emulation window, you must also use the command line to start the Japanese input method server and then other applications in which you want to use Japanese. You can start the input server on your local workstation by using the following command: % /usr/bin/X11/dxjim & If you want to start the input server on a remote system, log on the remote system, and enter the following commands. Substitute the name of your local system for <display_name> in the first command. % setenv DISPLAY <display_name>:0 % /usr/bin/X11/dxjim & After the input server is started, any Motif applications that have been internationalized to support Japanese can communicate with the server to obtain input method services. However, remember that these applications must be started after the server is started. RESTRICTIONS
This input server uses X11R6. It can connect to input-method clients running X11R4, X11R5, or X11R6 under the same locale. However, support for multiple monitors (multi-head systems) is available only to clients also running X11R6. Support for multiple monitors is not available to input-method clients using X11R5 or X11R4. SEE ALSO
Commands: dxhangulim(1X), dxhanziim(1X), dxhanyuim(1X), locale(1) Others: Japanese(5), i18n_intro(5), l10n_intro(5) dxjim(1X)