Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Interrupt level 14 woes
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Interrupt level 14 woes Post 302069600 by kerwen on Monday 27th of March 2006 08:19:41 PM
Old 03-27-2006
Interrupt level 14 woes

Hi there,

My first post here. Currently, i have been experiencing this error quite frequently on a ultra5 com. Things i have done is changing a new hdd and mem modules but i still encounter this error. Some messages from the var/adm

WARNING: uncorrectable error from pci0 (upa mid 0) during dvma read transaction.
Mar 27 21:41:56 catalyst08s unix: Transaction was a block operation, UPA bytemask ff00.
Mar 27 21:41:56 catalyst08s unix: AFSR=4000ff00.20800000 AFAR=00000000.0094c2c8,
Mar 27 21:41:56 catalyst08s unix: double word offset=1, SIMM DIMM2 id 31.
Mar 27 21:41:56 catalyst08s unix: WARNING: /pci@1f,0/pci@1,1/ide@3 (ata0):
Mar 27 21:41:56 catalyst08s unix: timeout: abort request, target=0 lun=0
Mar 27 21:41:56 catalyst08s unix: timeout: abort device, target=0 lun=0
Mar 27 21:41:56 catalyst08s unix: timeout: reset target, target=0 lun=0
Mar 27 21:41:56 catalyst08s unix: timeout: reset bus, target=0 lun=0
Mar 27 21:41:56 catalyst08s unix: timeout: early timeout, target=0 lun=0
Mar 27 21:41:56 catalyst08s unix: WARNING: /pci@1f,0/pci@1,1/ide@3/dad@0,0 (dad0):
Mar 27 21:41:56 catalyst08s unix: ATA transport failed: reason 'reset': retrying command
Mar 27 21:41:56 catalyst08s unix: WARNING: /pci@1f,0/pci@1,1/ide@3/dad@0,0 (dad0):
Mar 27 21:41:56 catalyst08s unix: ATA transport failed: reason 'timeout': retrying command

Any help/suggestion is appreciated.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

[ID 882636 kern.warning] WARNING: interrupt level 11 not serviced

Can anybody tell what this kernel warning is, it's critical (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: voxure
9 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

timer interrupt

hello all since a process running in kernel mode cannnot be preempted by any other process what would be the status of Timer interrupt that occurs when the time quantum of a process is elapsed? thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: compbug
2 Replies

3. Solaris

kern.warning interrupt 0x7c0 at level 15 not serviced

Hi I have solaris 10 running on a cPCI CPU card, the uname -a info is: SunOS 5.10 Generic_120011-14 sun4u sparc sun4u In addition, it has two Ethernet connections and a PMC ss7 link card installed. Occasionally, i got this error message from /var/adm/messages file unix: WARNING:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gialloblu
5 Replies

4. Solaris

SSH woes

version of solaris: SunOS 5.8 Generic-117350-39 sun4u sparc SUNW,Netra-240 version of SSH: OpenSSH_4.4p1, OpenSSL 0.9.8d 28 Sep 2006 Task: I need to have another Machine ssh into my machine, by either RSA authentication or username/pass authentication. History: In the begining my... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: EWTGPAC
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Difference between run level & init level

what are the major Difference Between run level & init level (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajaramrnb
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Exception at interrupt level VxWorks5.5 MPC880

Hello, I am using MPC880 and vxworks5.5.. When i try to boot vxworks image from the flash, its giving the following error message and tries to reboot continuously. Exception at interrupt level: Implementation Dependent Instruction TLB Error Exception current instruction address:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: PSB
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Interrupt storm detected on "irq 20" throttling interrupt source

I receive the following warning messages on a very new machine which has FreeBSD 8.1 x64 installed on it: Interrupt storm detected on "irq 20" throttling interrupt source It is unclear what this means and what its origins are (motherboard? CPU? RAM?). I can start the desktop and the message is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Is there any shell command to show which interrupt handler handle which interrupt number?

Hi, all: Is there any shell command to show which interrupt handler handle which interrupt number in the system? li,kunlun (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: liklstar
5 Replies

9. Red Hat

SSL certificate generation on OS level or application level

We have a RHEL 5.8 server at the production level and we have a Java application on this server. I know of the SSL certificate generation at the OS (RHEL) level but it is implemented on the Java application by our development team using the Java keytool. My doubt is that is the SSL generation can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RHCE
3 Replies

10. AIX

Samba Woes

Hi all With the recent virus attacks we have been tasked with upgrading Samba to a "secure" version. Currently running 3.0.29a and looking to put the latest version down 4.6.5. Being a lazy bod I have only ever installed this, a long time ago, when you could get it in BFF filesets. Have... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: splattty
6 Replies
dad(7D) 							      Devices								   dad(7D)

NAME
dad - driver for IDE disk devices SYNOPSIS
dad@ target,lun:partition DESCRIPTION
This driver handles the ide disk drives on SPARC platforms. The type of disk drive is determined using the ATA IDE identify device command and by reading the volume label stored on the drive. The dad device driver supports the Solaris SPARC VTOC and the EFI/GPT disk volume labels. The block-files access the disk using the system's normal buffering mechanism and are read and written without regard to physical disk records. There is also a "raw" interface that provides for direct transmission between the disk and the user's read or write buffer. A single read or write call usually results in one I/O operation; raw I/O is therefore considerably more efficient when many bytes are trans- mitted. The names of the block files are found in /dev/dsk. Raw file names are found in /dev/rdsk. I/O requests to the raw device must be aligned on a 512-byte (DEV_BSIZE) boundary and must have a length that is a multiple of 512 bytes. Requests that do not meet the restrictions cause the driver to return an EINVAL error. I/O requests to the block device have no alignment or length restrictions. Device Statistics Support Each device maintains I/O statistics both for the device and for each partition allocated on that device. For each device/partition, the driver accumulates reads, writes, bytes read, and bytes written. The driver also takes hi-resolution time stamps at queue entry and exit points, which facilitates monitoring the residence time and cumulative residence-length product for each queue. Each device also has error statistics associated with it. These must include counters for hard errors, soft errors and transport errors. Other data may be implemented as required. FILES
/dev/dsk/cntndnsn block files /dev/rdsk/cntndnsn raw files where: cn controller n tn IDE target id n (0-3) dn Always 0. sn partition n (0-7) The target ide numbers are assigned as: 0 Master disk on Primary channel. 1 Slave disk on Primary channel. 2 Master disk on Secondary channel 3 Slave disk on Secondary channel. IOCTLS
Refer to dkio(7I). ERRORS
EACCES Permission denied. EBUSY The partition was opened exclusively by another thread. EFAULT Argument was a bad address. EINVAL Invalid argument. EIO I/O error occurred. ENOTTY The device does not support the requested ioctl function. ENXIO The device did not exist during opening. EROFS The device is a read-only device. SEE ALSO
format(1M), mount(1M), lseek(2), read(2), write(2), driver.conf(4), vfstab(4), dkio(7I) X3T10 ATA-4 specifications. DIAGNOSTICS
Command:<number>, Error:<number>, Status:<number> Indicates that the command failed with an error and provides status register contents. Where <number> is a hexadecimal value. offline The driver has decided that the target disk is no longer there. disk ok The target disk is now responding again. disk not responding to selection The target disk is not responding. i/o to invalid geometry The geometry of the drive could not be established. incomplete read/write - retrying/giving up There was a residue after the command completed normally. no bp for disk label A bp with consistent memory could not be allocated. no memory for disk label Free memory pool exhausted. ATA transport failed: reason 'nnnn': {retrying|giving} The host adapter has failed to transport a command to the target for the reason stated. The driver will either retry the command or, ultimately, give up. no mem for property Free memory pool exhausted. transport rejected (<n>) Host adapter driver was unable to accept a command. Device Fault Device fault - reason for such error is vendor specific. SunOS 5.11 24 Oct 2005 dad(7D)