Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Files still being created in /var/spool/mmdf/lock/home Post 302069525 by casioman on Monday 27th of March 2006 07:57:28 AM
Old 03-27-2006
On running ps -eaf | tr -s " " | cut -f 1 -d " " > pidlist I get an empty file, is this because the ps command has something different for SCO? I know that running ps -ef would work but what does the a parameter do?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

/var/spool/mqueue !!!

I keep having this msg on my SunOS console : Jun 29 08:57:40 bersimis sendmail: NOQUEUE: low on space (have 0, SMTP-DAEMON needs 101 in /var/spool/mqueue) I tried to make some space by deleting the files in it, but the msg came back ... Any tips ? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wingman21
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How safe is it to remove files(/var/spool/mail)?

How safe is it to remove these spooler mail files. I need to make some room in the /usr directory? Any ideas? thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: larcom61
2 Replies

3. SCO

lp: cannot lock /usr/spool/lpd/printer1/.seq

Hi. I'm receive thats error on my PC. lp: cannot lock /usr/spool/lpd/printer1/.seq This PC is a Windows pc running lpd on port 515. That its means? Thanks. PD. Sorry for my english! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sebpes
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

/var/spool/mail

Hi, How can i get my mail on either /var/spool/mail or /var/mail? I use mail and sendmail command to send mail. But everytime I send mail it comes to my outlook inbox and when I check with mail command I get the message "No mail for siba". (Note siba is my user Id.) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siba.s.nayak
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Need to know command to delete more than 3 million files from /var/spool/clientmqueue

Hi I need to delete more than 3 million files from /var/spool/clientmqueue. When I give the following command to delete the files, I get the error # pwd /var/spool/clientmqueue # rm -f * /usr/bin/rm: arg list too long Please tell me how can I delete the files (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
5 Replies

6. Solaris

/var/spool/clientmqueue

Hi, solaris : 9 can we delete the files from this location /var/spool/clientmqueue . I found around 40K files lying in this location. Regards (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maooah
1 Replies

7. AIX

/var/spool/mail/ issues

Hi My box is running with AIX 6100-06 and Im the root user of this box My /var gets filled up often to 100% When I investigate I find that it is the below file which increases rapidly /var/spool/mail/pdgadmin I dont know why this file is growing up. Can any one assist me on this.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samsungsamsung
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Testing privileges -lock lockfile /var/lock/subsys/..- Permission denied

Hi all, I have to test some user priviliges. The goal is to be sure that an unauthorized user can't restart some modules (ssh, mysql etc...). I'm trying to automate it with a shell script but in same cases I got the syslog broadcast message. Is there any way to simply get a return code... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dedalus
3 Replies

9. Solaris

/var/spool/mqueue issue

Hi guys . I have a solaris machine serving as a DNS server for my environment. Everytime I go into /var/spool/mqueue , there are an aweful lot of emails with names likes: qfqB6ChrpL006644. When I cat the file , I get the following output: H??Received: from machine.domain.com... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
3 Replies

10. AIX

/var/spool/mail/<username> files' content wipeout impact

Hi Guys!!! ->I am using AIX 6.1. One of the file system full which is /var filesystem. ->/var total size is 5.00 GB. ->And inside the /var file system spool/mail folde is taking around 2.9 GB. ->There 3 big size of file as shown below, which shows that these files are taking more size.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manjusharma128
4 Replies
RCVPACK(1)							     [nmh-1.5]								RCVPACK(1)

NAME
rcvpack - append message to file SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/mh/rcvpack file [-mbox] [-mmdf] [-version] [-help] DESCRIPTION
The rcvpack program will append a copy of the message to the file listed on its command line. If the -mbox switch is given (the default), then the messages are separated using mbox (uucp) style delimiters. This is the format used by most mail clients (elm, mailx, etc.). If the -mmdf switch is given, then the messages are separated by mmdf style delimiters. Each message in the file is separated by four CTRL-A's and a newline. rcvpack will correctly lock and unlock the file to serialize access to the file, when running multiple copies of rcvpack . In general, its use is obsoleted by the file action of slocal, although it might still have occasional uses in various shell scripts. FILES
/etc/nmh/mts.conf nmh mts configuration file SEE ALSO
rcvdist(1), rcvstore(1), rcvtty(1), slocal(1) BUGS
Only two return codes are meaningful, others should be. MH.6.8 11 June 2012 RCVPACK(1)