Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux SuSE Setup Problem with SUSE Linux Post 302069472 by shawnbishop on Monday 27th of March 2006 12:49:29 AM
Old 03-27-2006
Good Day

Did u download the 64 bit version of Suse,lloks like the software on the DVD is not seen by your PC,or the DVD is damaged.

Cheers

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SuSE

GUI problem with Suse Linux

hi Guys,, Am very new to Linux OS.. This is my first experience with Linux. I have installed linux suse 10 in my laptop.it was working fine.. suddenly after 3 days,(i was changing some options of the already installed linux) when i login, i am getting only command interface and GUI is not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
2 Replies

2. Linux

[Solved] Setup Nmon on Suse Enterprise 11

Ok, so my previous query has had more views than response (yeah, thanks alot for that) I am trying to figure out how to run nmon on suse linux but the script I had googled only works on AIX. I stored the binary file on (I had downloaded it directly from Nigel's website) my-xftp0:/var/log... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hedkandi
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Suse Linux 11.4 networkmanager problem

I am a newbie to Suse linux and was trying to configure internet on my 11.4 suse linux system . I followed a post according to which i uninstalled my NetworkManger library . Later i realised that the real reason for wireless not working on my system was that my wireless driver firmware was... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ihatetoregister
0 Replies

4. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Suse Linux enterprise 10 - booting problem

Hi, It was happened to close my laptop without proper shutdown due to power failure with USB device connected to it. (removed the USB after shut down) After this incident, I was not able to boot my suse linux OS. Initial study reveals that the device is not unmounted properly and shows... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prabhu V
2 Replies
DARES(1)																  DARES(1)

NAME
dares - rescue files from damaged CDs and DVDs SYNOPSIS
dares -i image -s path [-h2i h2i_file] [-a] [-m] [-llogfile] dares-qt [-i image] [-s path] [-h2i h2i_file] [-a] [-m] [-llogfile] DESCRIPTION
Dares scans a CD/DVD image or a CD/DVD and tries to find files. It does not depend on filesystem information, but instead uses the Magic library to identify files. Doing it this way Dares can recover files even when the filesystem (ISO-9660 or UDF) on the disc is damaged and cannot be mounted anymore. Dares can use H2cdimage (ftp://ftp.heise.de/pub/ct/ctsi/h2cdimage.zip) files to rescue data from heavily damaged optical discs. OPTIONS
-i CD/DVD image file or device. -s Directory where the rescued files shall be stored. -h2i Optional h2i file for the CD/DVD image. -a Store all found files without any user interaction. -m Use Mime types instead of a description. -l Logfile (default: dares.log) AUTHOR
dares was written by Oliver Diedrich <odi@ct.heise.de>. This manual page was written by Michael Hanke <michael.hanke@gmail.com>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). Michael Hanke Oktober 2005 DARES(1)