Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: VxVM disk/lun grow
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users VxVM disk/lun grow Post 302069386 by reborg on Friday 24th of March 2006 05:48:56 PM
Old 03-24-2006
You're right Perderabo, it is a 'disk' command.

Pressy, this is it:

Code:
vxdisk resize [LUN name] length=[new LUN length]

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How to add disk into Striped Volume VxVM

VxVM: How to add one more disk into v08 the stripe should change from 7/128 to 8/128 v v08 - ENABLED ACTIVE 8954292224 SELECT v08-01 fsgen pl v08-01 v08 ENABLED ACTIVE 8954292480 STRIPE 7/128 RW sd bkpdg35-01 v08-01 bkpdg35 17216 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: geoffry
0 Replies

2. Solaris

( VxVM ) How to add the removed disk back to previous disk group

Previously , i remove the disk by #vxdg -g testdg -k rmdisk testdg02 But i got error when i -k adddisk bash-2.03# vxdisk list DEVICE TYPE DISK GROUP STATUS c0t0d0s2 auto:none - - online invalid c0t1d0s2 auto:none ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: waibabe
1 Replies

3. Solaris

I have LUN ID, how to find disk relate to that LUN ID?

I have a list of LUN ID, my task is to find if disk has been added or not. How do I do that? I have been searching the forum and not able to find answer. thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: uuontario
4 Replies

4. AIX

Any tips to grow iSCSI LUN

Hi, I have an iSCSI LUN attached to an AIX 5.3 box. It's initial size is 250GB, I just grew it on the SAN to 300GB, but AIX is not seeing the change. Right now I have some processes going and it's eating up the disk space. I need to grow this lun by atleast 30GB otherwise the process with bomb... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
5 Replies

5. Red Hat

Grow LUN presented on Linux host

Hi, I have a SAN LUN of 550 GB created as an ext3 partition of the entire lun and need to make the lun and partition larger... 600 GB # fdisk -l /dev/sdj Disk /dev/sdj: 590.5 GB, 590558003200 bytes 255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 71797 cylinders Units = cylinders of 16065 * 512 = 8225280... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamba1
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Which disk is LUN?

how do I know which hdisk from "lsdev -Cc disk" is my LUN on NetApp after zoning from SAN switch? is it "MPIO other FC SCSI Disk Drive"? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: malayo
1 Replies

7. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

VxVM not able to see new disk

I have VxVM 5.1 running on Solaris-10. I have to increase a application file-system and storage team gave me a lun. After scanning scsi port by cfgadm, I can see them in format output. I labelled it, but I am not able to see them in "vxdisk list". I already tried commands --> vxdctl enable... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris/vxvm/EMC Lun configuration

Hello all, i try to allocate the same LUN to two server (or more in the future) i use solaris 10, vxvm (vxfs) for data and solaris zones and EMC DMX-4, i try to migrate solaris zones between servers in case of problem. and this is what i want to do - affect LUN to srv00124 and srv10155 -... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mat_solaris
5 Replies

9. HP-UX

Removing a VxVM disk from a Disk Group

Hello all, So I made a rookie mistake today. I forgot to remove my disk from my disk group, before running the following command:for i in `ioscan -fnN | awk /NO/'{print $3}'` do rmsf -H $i done I am trying to run the following command, but not having any luck obviously:vxdg -g dgvol1 rmdisk... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrkejames2
0 Replies
metaimport(1M)															    metaimport(1M)

NAME
metaimport - imports disk sets into existing Solaris Volume Manager configurations SYNOPSIS
metaimport -s setname [-n] [-v] [-f] [disks...] metaimport -r [disks...] metaimport -V metaimport -? The metaimport command allows the importing of disk sets, including replicated disk sets, into an existing Solaris Volume Manager configu- ration. Replicated disk sets are disk sets created using remote replication software. The default Solaris Volume Manager configuration specifies a maximum number of disk sets that can be configured. The metaimport command fails if importing the disk set would result in exceeding the number of disk sets configured on the system. To increase the number of disk sets allowed on a system, see the . Use metaset(1M) or metastat(1M) to view the configuration of the imported set. You must run metaimport as root. metaimport requires a functional Solaris Volume Manager configuration before it runs. The following options are supported: -f Force the import, even if a quorum of replicas from the imported disk set is not available. This option could result in corrupt configurations and should only be used when metaimport fails with the "Insufficient quorum detected; exiting" error. If only a partial disk set is available, this option might be necessary to successfully import. Some or all data could be corrupted or unavailable when importing a partial set or a set lacking a replica quorum. -n Does not actually perform the operation, but shows the output or errors that would have resulted from the opera- tion, had it been run. -r Report on the non-configured disk sets found on the system. If no disk device or LUN is specified, metaimport reports on all non-configured disk sets attached to the system. When the name of one disk is specified, metaimport reports on the disk set (or virtual LUN) containing the specified disk. If two or more disks are specified, metaim- port reports on the set (or sets, if they belong to different disk sets) containing the specified disks. If two or more disks are specified, metaimport reports on the set (or sets, if they belong to different disk sets) containing the specified disks. -s setname Specify the disk set name to use when importing. The imported disk set will be called setname, without regard to the name it may have had on a different system. -v Verbose. Provides detailed information about the metadb replica location and status. -V Version information. -? Display a help message. Example 1: Importing a Disk Set The following example creates a disk set called blue and identifies c1t5d0 as a disk containing a state database replica from the disk set being imported. # metaimport -s blue c1t5d0 Example 2: Reporting Disk Sets to Import The following example scans all disks and LUNs attached to the system and configured as part of the system. It scans for disks that could be part of a disk set to be imported. Components that are already part of the Solaris Volume Manager configuration are ignored. This use of metaimport provides suggested forms of the metaimport command to use to actually import the disk sets that have been found. You can specify a component on the command line to reduce the scope of the scan and generate results more quickly. # metaimport -r 0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWmdu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Stable | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ mdmonitord(1M), metaclear(1M), metadb(1M), metadetach(1M), metahs(1M), metainit(1M), metaoffline(1M), metaonline(1M), metaparam(1M), metarecover(1M), metareplace(1M), metaroot(1M), metaset(1M), metasync(1M), metattach(1M), md.tab(4), md.cf(4), mddb.cf(4), attributes(5) 16 May 2005 metaimport(1M)