Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Variable for -name causing issue in Find command Post 302069382 by reborg on Friday 24th of March 2006 05:34:19 PM
Old 03-24-2006
Code:
#! /usr/bin/sh -f

FileDir=/home/ariba
ZippedDir=/home/ariba/data/archive

FilesToFind='*.dat'

ListOfFiles=`find . -mtime +30 -type f -name \"${FilesToFind}\"`

for i in $ListOfFiles
do   
   gzip $i
   ZippedFile="${i}.gz"   
   mv $ZippedFile $ZippedDir
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Could a tcp issue be causing a null pointer exception?

The client's app gets a 'suspend error' which they say is due to a null pointer exception. Application people say nothing's wrong with the app. Network people say the network's fine. I'm supposed to see what's wrong with the system to be causing this error. I checked the NIC card settings, which... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pmichner
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find command issue

I am currently using below command to get the 1st three characters of a file(PDM). Issue is, when i use find command in root dir, it finds all the files in sub dir also. How to limit the find command search to a given path only(ie: say only find file in apps/cmplus/datamigration/data path... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhi_n123
3 Replies

3. Linux

find command issue

Hi, I am not root user. I am trying to find the file which has contains pattern "fvsfile" in root directory. If i run the find cmd then i got permission denied and all the files are listed include pattern files. i cant get file name yet find . print | xargs grep -i "fvsfile" I want... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mani_apr08
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk script problem - Variables Causing Issue

can someone please explain to me what i'm doing wrong with this code: WELT=$(awk '(($1 ~ "^${caag}$") || ($2 ~ "^${caag}$"))' /tmp/Compare.TEXT) when run from the command line, it works. but it seems to be having a problem doing the comparison when variables are involved. i tested from... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue in using variable within sed command

Hi All, I am trying to use a variable within the sed command but I am not able to get the output. When I am using the following command (without variable) its working fine: sed -n '/2011\/12\/10 18:11:11./,$p' < Log.txt > Delta_Log.txt But when I am putting the value 2011\/12\/10... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: acoomer
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variable value substitution issue with awk command issue

Hi All, I am using the below script which has awk command, but it is not returing the expected result. can some pls help me to correct the command. The below script sample.ksh should give the result if the value of last 4 digits in the variable NM matches with the variable value DAT. The... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: G.K.K
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Text qualifier issue causing data alignment problem

Hello Everyone, I have a csv file with text qualifier as "" and data similar to below: "1","abc","address1","US" "2","def","address1 "characters in double-quote" address2","IND" "3","ghi","address1","UK" In above example, for record 2, we have an issue as in column3 contains double... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AnkitSenghani
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find command issue

Guys, Here is my requirement.. Sample.cfg file="*log.gz *txt.gz" sample.sh #!/bin/sh . $HOME/Sample.cfg find . -name "$file" -mtime +20 -exec ls -la {} \; Its not finding the given *log.gz and txt.gz files. Could anyone please help me? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: AraR87
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find command issue

Hi Guys, I have a file called error.logs. am just trying to display the content in the file which was modified last 1 day. I tried below command but it doesnt give the proper output. find /u/text/vinoth/bin "error.logs" -mtime -1 -exec cat {} \; >> mail.txt Any help is much... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vinoth Kumar G
21 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris 5.8 Upgrade is causing Date format issue.

Hi I have a JAVA based application in development and production environment. These two environments are exactly identical in terms of OS, hardware and application components. Initially the OS was Solaris 5.6 and the application was working fine in both environments. But later when the OS... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jayant Tripathi
12 Replies
File::Find::Object::Rule::Procedural(3pm)		User Contributed Perl Documentation		 File::Find::Object::Rule::Procedural(3pm)

NAME
File::Find::Object::Rule::Procedural - File::Find::Object::Rule's procedural interface SYNOPSIS
use File::Find::Object::Rule; # find all .pm files, procedurally my @files = find(file => name => '*.pm', in => @INC); DESCRIPTION
In addition to the regular object-oriented interface, File::Find::Object::Rule provides two subroutines for you to use. "find( @clauses )" "rule( @clauses )" "find" and "rule" can be used to invoke any methods available to the OO version. "rule" is a synonym for "find" Passing more than one value to a clause is done with an anonymous array: my $finder = find( name => [ '*.mp3', '*.ogg' ] ); "find" and "rule" both return a File::Find::Object::Rule instance, unless one of the arguments is "in", in which case it returns a list of things that match the rule. my @files = find( name => [ '*.mp3', '*.ogg' ], in => $ENV{HOME} ); Please note that "in" will be the last clause evaluated, and so this code will search for mp3s regardless of size. my @files = find( name => '*.mp3', in => $ENV{HOME}, size => '<2k' ); ^ | Clause processing stopped here ------/ It is also possible to invert a single rule by prefixing it with "!" like so: # large files that aren't videos my @files = find( file => '!name' => [ '*.avi', '*.mov' ], size => '>20M', in => $ENV{HOME} ); AUTHOR
Richard Clamp <richardc@unixbeard.net> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003 Richard Clamp. All Rights Reserved. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
File::Find::Object::Rule perl v5.14.2 2012-05-05 File::Find::Object::Rule::Procedural(3pm)