Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unix Date Command
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Unix Date Command Post 302069352 by redsoxfan on Friday 24th of March 2006 01:57:56 PM
Old 03-24-2006
Unix Date Command

IS there a way to use the unix date command to find the 2nd Saturday fo every month?

Each Month I want to execute a specific command only of the 2nd Saturday.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix date command

Hi there I am using the following command to get today's date: Date=`date '+%Y%m%d'` This has the format 20040409 What I want is today's date -1 i.e. get yesterdays date. What is the command for this? Thanks :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: niamh
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX date command

Hello...I have have the value of date command stored in a particular format in a variable...Is there any way by which I can increment the value of the date using unix only?Until now i was calling an sql query to increment the date.. Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tej.buch
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command DATE in UNIX System

I have a problem... it's possible execute a command DATE with the sintax of LINUX system ??? Example: in Linux i can execute the command line : date -- set "10 minutes" and i have a output the date with the actual date - 10 min. It's possible have the same rusult in the Unix system ????? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ZINGARO
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare date from db2 table to yesterday's Unix system date

I am currently running the following Korn shell script which works fine: #!/usr/bin/ksh count=`db2 -x "select count(*) from schema.tablename"` echo "count" I would like to add a "where" clause to the 2nd line that would allow me to get a record count of all the records from schema.tablename... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sasaliasim
9 Replies

5. Programming

I need code command(unix) date in c

hello please I need code command date in c I have a projet in my unv I am waiting your enswer:b::b: sorry on my english (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mahfode
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

hp-unix stat command to get last change date of file

I'm on hp-unix. I would like a variable to hold the last change date of a file. I looked at the man pages for stat, but I don't see any examples and can't get the syntax right. Can anyone help me? Thank you. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sboxtops
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed command replace date variable in unix

I need to use a shell script, using sed command how to replace date variable value in following format. 04/18/2012 11:38:55 Because the sed is treating the '/' as a parameter instead of the value of a variable, and hence there is the message as sed: command garbled: s/insert/04/18/2012... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jannusuresh
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find week of the year for given date using date command inside awk

Hi all, Need an urgent help on the below scenario. script: awk -F"," 'BEGIN { #some variable assignment} { #some calculation and put values in array} END { year=#getting it from array and assume this will be 2014 month=#getting it from array and this will be 05 date=#... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaidhas
7 Replies

9. HP-UX

awk command in hp UNIX subtract 30 days automatically from current date without date illegal option

current date command runs well awk -v t="$(date +%Y-%m-%d)" -F "'" '$1 < t' myname.dat subtract 30 days fails awk -v t="$(date --date="-30days" +%Y-%m-%d)" -F "'" '$1 < t' myname.dat awk command in hp unix subtract 30 days automatically from current date without date illegal option error... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmarcus
20 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

UNIX script to replace old date with current date dynamically in multiple files present in a folder

I am trying to work on a script where it is a *(star) delimited file has a multiple lines starts with RTG and 3rd column=TD8 I want to substring the date part and I want to replace with currentdate minus 15 days. Here is an example. iam using AIX server $ cat temp.txt RTG*888*TD8*20180201~... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shankar455
1 Replies
HTML::CalendarMonth::DateTool(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			HTML::CalendarMonth::DateTool(3pm)

NAME
HTML::CalendarMonth::DateTool - Base class for determining which date package to use for calendrical calculations. SYNOPSIS
my $date_tool = HTML::CalendarMonth::DateTool->new( year => $YYYY_year, month => $one_thru_12_month, weeknum => $weeknum_mode, historic => $historic_mode, datetool => $specific_datetool_if_desired, ); DESCRIPTION
This module attempts to utilize the best date calculation package available on the current system. For most contemporary dates this usually ends up being the internal Time::Local package of perl. For more exotic dates, or when week number of the years are desired, other methods are attempted including DateTime, Date::Calc, Date::Manip, and the linux/unix 'ncal' or 'cal' commands. Each of these has a specific subclass of this module offering the same utility methods needed by HTML::CalendarMonth. METHODS
new() Constructor. Takes the following parameters: year Year of calendar in question (required). If you are rendering exotic dates (i.e. dates outside of 1970 to 2038) then something besides Time::Local will be used for calendrical calculations. month Month of calendar in question (required). 1 through 12. weeknum Optional. When specified, will limit class excursions to those that are currently set up for week of year calculations. historic Optional. If the the ncal or cal commands are available, use one of them rather than other available date modules since these utilities accurately handle some specific historical artifacts such as the transition from Julian to Gregorian. datetool Optional. Mostly for debugging, this option can be used to indicate a specific HTML::CalendarMonth::DateTool subclass for instantiation. The value can be either the actual utility class, e.g., Date::Calc, or the name of the CalendarMonth handler leaf class, e.g. DateCalc. Use 'ncal' or 'cal', respectively, for the wrappers around those commands. There are number of methods automatically available: month() year() weeknum() historical() datetool() Accessors for the parameters provided to "new()" above. dow1st() Returns the day of week number for the 1st of the "year" and "month" specified during the call to "new()". Relies on the presence of "dow1st_and_lastday()". Should be 0..6 starting with Sun. lastday() Returns the last day of the month for the "year" and "month" specified during the call to "new()". Relies on the presence of "dow1st_and_lastday()". Overridden methods Subclasses of this module must provide at least the "day_epoch()" and "dow1st_and_lastday()" methods. dow1st_and_lastday() Required. Provides a list containing the day of the week of the first day of the month (0..6 starting with Sun) along with the last day of the month. day_epoch() Optional unless interested in epoch values for wacky dates. For a given day, and optionally "month" and "year" if they are different from those specified in "new()", provide the unix epoch in seconds for that day at midnight. If the subclass is expected to provide week of year numbers, three more methods are necessary: dow() For a given day, and optionally "month" and "year" if they are different from those specified in "new()", provide the day of week number. (1=Sunday, 7=Saturday). add_days($days, $delta, $day, [$month], [$year]) For a given day, and optionally "month" and "year" if they are different from those specified in "new()", provide a list of year, month, and day once "delta" days have been added. week_of_year($day, [$month], [$year]) For a given day, and optionally "month" and "year" if they are different from those specified in "new()", provide a list with the week number of the year along with the year. (some days of a particular year can end up belonging to the prior or following years). AUTHOR
Matthew P. Sisk, <sisk@mojotoad.com> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2010 Matthew P. Sisk. All rights reserved. All wrongs revenged. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
HTML::CalendarMonth(3), Time::Local(3), DateTime(3), Date::Calc(3), Date::Manip(3), cal(1) perl v5.12.4 2011-08-26 HTML::CalendarMonth::DateTool(3pm)