Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting UNIX Shell script to chec timeout period when collecting files in directory - HELP Post 302069271 by reborg on Thursday 23rd of March 2006 07:41:02 PM
Old 03-23-2006
Danny, for your own sake I suggest that you remove the content of your post. There are a number of pieces of information which any RAN operator would not like to have posted on a public website.

I suggest you find & replace the operator name, the RAN manufacturers name and the ids of the specific nodes (BSC and OSS) then repost.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Timeout period

How do i increase the timeout period of a telnet session? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nadeem Mistry
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can a timeout be specified in a shell script?

Hi, I have to develop a shell script which exits after <n> minutes. For e.g. The user is taking too much time to enter an input, and the script will terminate after 10 minutes pass by. Is this possible ? Thanks, Puneet (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: puneetarora_12
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script: deleting files from a directory

i have the following problem: use shell script: Two directories have to be searched for files havin the same name. then delete these files from one of these directories. the directory names have to be accepted as command line arguments. what i have done till now is: 1. run a loop... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: onlyc
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

To run a shell script for a definite period

Hi, I would like to invoke a shell script with period (in seconds) as a parameter and want it to run olny for that period. The script should come out after that period even some work is going inside the script. Regards (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjay1979
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

session timeout for shell script

I am executing test.sh script. But this script takes lot of time and in the meantime the shell timeouts without completing the script. Is there any command which will continue processing the script. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: infyanurag
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to build directory tree and files

Hi all, I'm trying at the moment to write a shell script to build a directory tree and create files within the built directories. I've scoured through sites and text books and I just can't figure out how to go about it. I would assume that I need to use loops of some sort, but I can't seem... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Libertad
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check whether directory has files in it or not in shell script?

hi, I am having script in which i want to check if directory has any file in it or not. If directory contains a single or more files then and only then it should proceed to further operations... P.S.: Directory might have thousand number of files. so there might be chance of getting error... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: VSom007
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script Shell: Diplay date of two minutes (period)

Hi all, Here is my script: #!/bin/sh while :; do sleep 1 date done Please, how can i change this script, i'd like to display the time only of two minutes (period) and exit ? Is that possible ? Thank you so much for help. Bests... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur111
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving Files one directory to another directory shell script

Hi, Could you please assist how to move the gz files which are older than the 90 days from one folder to another folder ,before that it need to check the file system named "nfs" if size is less than 90 or not. If size is above 90 then it shouldn't perform file move and exit the script throwing... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkat918
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to zip csv files having specific pattern in a directory using UNIX shell script?

I have files in a Linux directory . Some of the file is listed below -rw-rw-r--. 1 roots roots 0 Dec 23 02:17 zzz_123_00000_A_1.csv -rw-rw-r--. 1 roots roots 0 Dec 23 02:18 zzz_121_00000_A_2.csv -rw-rw-r--. 1 roots roots 0 Dec 23 02:18 zzz_124_00000_A_3.csv drwxrwxr-x. 2 roots roots 6 Dec 23... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Balraj
4 Replies
DH_COMPRESS(1)							     Debhelper							    DH_COMPRESS(1)

NAME
dh_compress - compress files and fix symlinks in package build directories SYNOPSIS
dh_compress [debhelperoptions] [-Xitem] [-A] [file...] DESCRIPTION
dh_compress is a debhelper program that is responsible for compressing the files in package build directories, and makes sure that any symlinks that pointed to the files before they were compressed are updated to point to the new files. By default, dh_compress compresses files that Debian policy mandates should be compressed, namely all files in usr/share/info, usr/share/man, files in usr/share/doc that are larger than 4k in size, (except the copyright file, .html and other web files, image files, and files that appear to be already compressed based on their extensions), and all changelog files. Plus PCF fonts underneath usr/share/fonts/X11/ FILES
debian/package.compress These files are deprecated. If this file exists, the default files are not compressed. Instead, the file is ran as a shell script, and all filenames that the shell script outputs will be compressed. The shell script will be run from inside the package build directory. Note though that using -X is a much better idea in general; you should only use a debian/package.compress file if you really need to. OPTIONS
-Xitem, --exclude=item Exclude files that contain item anywhere in their filename from being compressed. For example, -X.tiff will exclude TIFF files from compression. You may use this option multiple times to build up a list of things to exclude. -A, --all Compress all files specified by command line parameters in ALL packages acted on. file ... Add these files to the list of files to compress. CONFORMS TO
Debian policy, version 3.0 SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_COMPRESS(1)