Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to strip strins
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to strip strins Post 302069183 by kamathg on Thursday 23rd of March 2006 06:20:36 AM
Old 03-23-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravgoel
ok

similarly $2 for var2
$3 for var3 and so on
this should work.
if still some problem post back

Gaurav

Thanks Gaurav.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strip all non-alphanumerics

Hi, Can someone let me know how do I strip out any non-alphanumeric character in string tomake it alphanumeric? i.e abc def ghi ->abcdefghi abc-def-ghi ->abcdefghi abc#def-ghi->abcdefghi Thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: braindrain
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to strip a string

I have a file that looks like this: /home/fred/opt/bin /opt/usr/bin /usr/sbin/var/opt I need a way to chop of everything after the last occurance of the / sign including the /. So the file above will now look like this below. /home/fred/opt /opt/usr /usr/sbin/var I tried using... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: x96riley3
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to strip few letters

Hey guys.. Can experts help me in achieving my purpose.. I have a file which contains email address of some 100 to 1000 domains, I need only the domain names.. Eg: abc@yahoo.com hd@gamil.com ed@hotmail.com The output should contain only Yahoo.com ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: achararun
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

strip command

I have created one binary with the debug option debug.out and another without it is production.out. Now, i use stripe on the debug.out. Now, both binary will be same? or have any differences. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Saurabh78
1 Replies

5. Programming

Strip command

I am new in Unix. I go through the man strip. But did not understand that, why when we have -G (debug and release ) option in the compiler, than using strip command to strip the debug information from the objects. i want to binary for teh production i will compile it without debug option. What the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Saurabh78
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strip a string in sh

I have a list of servers that I need my script to ping however this list also has the env they belong too such as SIT, PRD, warehouse and so on. The break character for each section is : A value in my list would look like this... brutus.grhq.xxx.com:warehouse Where brutus.grhq.gfs.com is... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: LRoberts
13 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strip out the string

awk -F"\t" -vOFS="\t" '{print $1"\t-\t-","",$6,$7"\t-"$8"\t-\t-\t"$15}' file.tsv > output.tsv Using the above command how to remove the string www.abc.com from the $7 value. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandy1028
7 Replies

8. Solaris

strip error

Hi I am getting the below error while using strip command. strip: libelf error. Request error: no string table strip: a.out: file not manipulated Could somebody please let me know what might be the solution?? It is in ksh and solaris 10. Thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vali__
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strip First few Characters

I want to strip first few characters from each record until a proper datesamp is found. Request for getNextPage.................06/29/12 07:49:30 VVUKOVIC@67.208.166.131{7A805FEF76A62FCBB23EA78B5380EF95.tomcat1}TP-Processor14 LogExchUsage: ERROR:: isprof=false : exch=NSDQ output should be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ratheeshjulk
2 Replies
XtAppMainLoop() 														   XtAppMainLoop()

Name
  XtAppMainLoop - continuously process events.

Synopsis
  void XtAppMainLoop(app_context)
	 XtAppContext app_context;

Inputs
  app_context
	    Specifies the application context that identifies the application.

Returns
  XtAppMainLoop() enters an infinite loop and never returns.

Description
  XtAppMainLoop()  enters  an  infinite  loop  which  calls  XtAppNextEvent() to wait for an events on all displays in app_context and XtDis-
  patchEvent() to dispatch that event to the appropriate code.

Usage
  Most applications will call XtAppNextEvent() as the last line of their main() procedure.  Some applications may provide their own  versions
  of  this  loop, however.  A custom event loop might test an application-dependent global flag or other termination condition before looping
  back and calling XtAppNextEvent().  If the number of top-level widgets drops to zero, the application may be able to exit safely, for exam-
  ple.

Applications that use multiple application contexts or that use internal event loops will have to build their own event loop.

Background
  XtAppNextEvent()  looks  for	X  events in the input queue, and also handles timer events (see XtAppAddTimeOut()) and events from alternate
  input sources (see XtAppAddInput()).	If none of these events are pending and a work	procedure  (see  XtAppAddWorkProc())  is  registered,
  XtAppNextEvent()  invokes  that  work procedure to do background processing, otherwise it blocks waiting for an event.  Note that XtAppNex-
  tEvent() dispatches timer and input events directly, but returns any X events that occur.   Within  XtAppMainLoop(),	these  X  events  are
  always passed to XtDispatchEvent().

XtDispatchEvent()  dispatches an event to the appropriate event handlers (see XtAddEventHandler()).  Note that the translation manager reg-
  isters an event handler, and that events that are dispatched to the translation manager will be further  dispatched  through	the  transla-
  tions-to-actions mechanism.

Example
  XtAppMainLoop() is implemented as follows:

void XtAppMainLoop(app)
	     XtAppContext app;
     {
	 XEvent event;

for (;;) {
	     XtAppNextEvent(app, &event);
	     XtDispatchEvent(&event);
	 }
     }

See Also
  XtAddEventHandler(1), XtAppAddInput(1), XtAppAddTimeOut(1), XtAppAddWorkProc(1), XtAppNextEvent(1), XtAppProcessEvent(1), XtDis-
  patchEvent(1).

Xt - Event Handling														   XtAppMainLoop()