Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: explanation of this line
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting explanation of this line Post 302069134 by blowtorch on Wednesday 22nd of March 2006 10:32:52 PM
Old 03-22-2006
The @ symbol is used to execute sql scripts, I think (I am no DBA). The $1 stands for the first argument that is sent in to the script that is being executed. The 0 stands for standard input. '0 < somefile' means that the script has to take input from the file instead of standard input.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

tr explanation please

how does below tr command replace nonletters with newlines? I think I understand tr -cs '\n' part.. but what is A-Za-z\' <--- what is this?? tr -cs A-Za-z\' '\n' | -c --complement -s, --squeeze-repeats replace each input sequence of a repeated character that is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: convenientstore
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

tr explanation please

how does below tr command replace nonletters with newlines? I think I understand tr -cs '\n' part.. but what is A-Za-z\' <--- what is this?? tr -cs A-Za-z\' '\n' | -c --complement -s, --squeeze-repeats replace each input sequence of a repeated character that is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: convenientstore
1 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

need explanation

Hi am having a c pgm. It has the include files (unistd.h,sys/types.h,win.h,scr.h,curses.h,stdarg.h and color.h). I don't know the purpose of these include files. will u plz explain me. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mari.kb
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

explanation for this line

Hi All, can you please explain me the meaning of this line-- BackupLocation="/inpass/abc" Parent=$(expr $BackupLocation : '\(.*\)/.*' \| $BackupLocation) when i ran this as a command also it did not show me anything so could not get the purpose of this line. Explain it please. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: namishtiwari
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

command line explanation

Hello everyone, I found this command line in a website: perl -pi.bak -we's/\z/Your new line\n/ if $. == 2;' your_text_file.txt With this command line you can insert a new line anywhere you want in a text without overwriting what's in it. -p causes perl to assume a loop around your... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: goude
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

same action in then as in else: explanation?

in /etc/init.d/networking of an ubuntu computer, I found this code: if ifdown -a --exclude=lo; then log_action_end_msg $? else log_action_end_msg $? fi Shouldn't it be replace by ifdown -a --exclude=lo ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: raphinou
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

In need of explanation

Its great someone provided this script that strips out a filename and extension but can someone explain how each line works? file1='Jane Mid Doe.txt' newfile='Jane.txt' 1) ext=${file1##*.} 2) filename=${file%%.???} 3) set -- $filename 4) newfile="1.$extension" (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lillyt
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

code explanation

Can you please explain the following code plz? my_cd=' ' while getopts :e: OPTION; do case "$OPTION" in e) my_cd ="$OPTARG";; esac done if ; then echo " >>> ERROR - I am wrong" echo " >>> ERROR - Hello" exit 99 fi What I don't understand is what is OPTION or... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RubinPat
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Code explanation?

I need someone to tell me how exactly works the following code αfter /etc/passwd :eek:: cat /etc/passwd|grep "^:"|sed '1,$s/^\(*\):*:\(*\):.*$/ \1 \2 /'|sort -nrk3 -t:I want a good explanation to understand the code please (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kotsos13
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need explanation

Hi, I need more explination on it, how it works abcd="$(echo "$abcd" | sed 's/ //g')" >> ${LOGFILE} 2>&1 can any one suggest me on this? Rgds, LKR (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lakshmanraok
1 Replies
MARIA-VIS(1)						      General Commands Manual						      MARIA-VIS(1)

NAME
maria-vis - graph visualization script for maria SYNOPSIS
maria-vis DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the maria-vis command. maria-vis is a lefty script invoked by maria in order to visually present information to the user. The script reads commands and direc- tives from standard input and may write maria query language commands to standard output. An end-of-file condition on standard input ter- minates the script. The script is built on top of the dotty script that is part of the GraphViz package. The commands prefixed with visual in maria issue two kinds of commands to this script: new(); or add(); followed by a newline character and a graph definition in the dot input language. The new function in the script displays the graph in a new window, while the add function copies information from the graph to the last modi- fied graph. SEE ALSO
dot(1), dotty(1), lefty(1), maria(1). AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Marko Makela <msmakela@tcs.hut.fi>. The maria-vis script and the visualization option were designed and implemented by Marko Makela. Please see the copyright file in /usr/share/doc/maria for details. August 10, 2001 MARIA-VIS(1)