Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Get specified line as output from a file Post 302069006 by gauravgoel on Wednesday 22nd of March 2006 06:20:35 AM
Old 03-22-2006
Hi,
Solution with awk

Quote:
linetoecho=$1
awk -v lte=$linetoecho 'NR==ltd{print}' filename
pass the line to print as a parameter to the script

Gaurav

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

print out a line from a output file

I am trying to have a script ping all the clients then output it to a file so I know which clients are off then have the next script pull the ones that are online and reboot them. This is what I am running with right now. If there is something KISS then by all means please let me know. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deaconf19
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert output into file at line number

I need to insert the output of a script into a specific line number of a txt file. I've read the Sed man page and searched the forums and it's not immediately clear how I would go about doing this. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pluto7777
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

output in another file in one line

Hello, I know this is maybe a stupid question, but I have an output like this: # gensky 1 1 1:00YST +s -a37.24 -o126.58 # Local solar time: 1.80 # Solar altitude and azimuth: -55.1 -47.0 # Ground ambient level: 0.0 void brightfunc skyfunc 2 skybr skybright.cal 0 7 1 0.00e+00 0.00e+00... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ergy1983
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

egrep output each file in new line

I have the following script that searches in several files and shows the search results and the matches filename on the screen. find . -exec egrep -wH "word1|word2" {} \; the output from the search display as: file1 word1 word2 I need to show each file search output result on new... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: konddor
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read file and for each line replace two variables, add strings and save output in another file

Hi All, I have a file, let's call it "info.tmp" that contains data like this .. ABC123456 PCX333445 BCD789833 I need to read "info.tmp" and for each line add strings in a way that the final output is put /logs/ua/dummy.trigger 'AAA00001.FTP.XXX.BLA03A01.xxxxxx(+1)' where XXX... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Andy_ARG
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Writing a script that will take the first line from each file and store it in an output file

Hi, I have 1000 files names data1.txt through data1000.txt inside a folder. I want to write a script that will take each first line from the files and write them as output into a new file. How do I go about doing that? Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read each line from input file, assign variables, and echo to output file?

I've got a file that looks like this (spaces before first entries intentional): 12345650-000005000GL140227 ANNUAL HELC FEE EN 22345650-000005000GL140227 ANNUAL HELC FEE EN 32345650-000005000GL140227 ANNUAL HELC FEE EN I want to read through the file line by line,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scottie1954
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to replace a line in a file using line number from the output of a pipe.

Sed command to replace a line in a file using line number from the output of a pipe. Is it possible to replace a whole line piped from someother command into a file at paritcular line... here is some basic execution flow.. the line number is 412 lineNo=412 Now i have a line... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Output to file print as single line, not separate line

example of problem: when I echo "$e" >> /home/cogiz/file.txt result prints to file as:AA BB CC I need it to save to file as this:AA BB CC I know it's probably something really simple but any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You. Cogiz (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cogiz
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Get an output of lines in pattern 1st line then 10th line then 11th line then 20th line and so on.

Input file: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sagar Singh
6 Replies
PURITY-NG(6)							   Games Manual 						      PURITY-NG(6)

NAME
purity-ng - general purpose purity testing software SYNOPSIS
purity-ng [OPTION]... list|FILE|TESTNAME DESCRIPTION
Purity is an interactive purity test program with a simple, user interface and datafile format. For each test, questions are printed to the your terminal, and you are prompted for an answer to the current question. At a prompt, these are your choices: y Answer "yes" to the question. n Answer "no" to the question. b Backup one question, if you answered it incorrectly, or someone is watching you take the test, and you don't (or do) want to admit a different answer. s Print your current score on the test you are taking. q Quit the test, and print the current score. ? Print a help screen for the current prompt. At the end of the test, your score is printed out. For most purity tests, lower scores denote more "experience" of the test material. OPTIONS
--version print current version of purity-ng -h, --help show the help message and exit -p print the test without prompting for answers. -r decrypt the test using the Rot 13 algorithm. To get a list of all purity tests available globally on your system, run purity-ng list. AUTHORS
purity was originally written by Eric Lechner in 1989. purity-ng is a reimplementation of purity in Python for modern systems, written by Simon Fondrie-Teitler and Luke Faraone. This manual page was written by Luke Faraone. BUGS
If you find bugs in the application, please report these to <https://bugs.launchpad.net/purity-ng> or to your distribution's distributor. SEE ALSO
purity(6) Running purity-ng format provides documentation about the datafile format. Additional documentation is available online at <http://packages.python.org/purity-ng>. January 7, 2011 PURITY-NG(6)