Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Auto FTP to a server
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Auto FTP to a server Post 302068998 by mightysam on Wednesday 22nd of March 2006 05:51:16 AM
Old 03-22-2006
try this

#!/bin/sh

if [ "$#" -lt 4 ]
then
echo "Usage: ./ftp_script <M/C Name> <Userid> <Password> <Path>"
exit
fi

ftp -idn << !
open $1
user $2 $3
close
bye
!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Auto FTP from UNIX to Windows Server

Hi, I am a not strong programmer and now my boss ask me how should I do a job to automated FTP that have error check. I know about: * using system() to call a command to trigger ftp in C Coding. The senarios as follows: 1. FTP the file(s) (e.g ELA_20060407.dat) to a given LAN server... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: songtam
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

auto ftp the files

i have writen a shell to ftp a file automatically by taking the input from a file i have created on file tstftp as set timeout 120 ftp spawn ftp expect "ftp>" send "o 11.90.2.20 \r" expect "Name:" send "itcomxxl\r" expect "Password:" send "csms091206\r" expect "ftp>" send "prompt... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sasiprabu
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Count and Auto FTP

Hi, I really need to create a script that counts for file and ftp's them to a windows directory. !st problem i'm having is getting it to ftp withouty prompting me, i tried |& on the end of the ftp, but then it just hits a syntax error. 2nd problem is, i have to have a wildcard in this script. which... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dappa
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Sun Server auto ping to 0.0.0.0

Hi All, 3 of my SAP sun server are continuosly pinging to the network address 0.0.0.0. I have no idea how this can happen, but they have something in common. All of them are clustered environment (Veritas Cluster). Anyone can help? rgds, (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ronny_nch
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Auto Ftp pseudo random file

I have a script that generates a file which is my own incarnation of a date using the 'date' function (we'll call this script a). I would like that script to invoke my other script (script b) which contains my ftp info. Since I have yet to figure out a good way to use regular ftp (yes i can only... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: DC Slick
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to auto telnet the server from another server using script

Hi All, I have a problem with auto telnet script, but I want to tell u something a) I am only a member access on the server, so not able to access 'root' account b) not able to install any software on server 3) On server, there is not install 'except' I have to write a script, which is ran... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: atul9806
0 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

How to auto telnet the server from another server

Hi All, I have a problem with auto telnet script, but I want to tell u something a) I am only a member access on the server, so not able to access 'root' account b) not able to install any software on server 3) On server, there is not install 'except' 1. The problem statement, all variables... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

How to auto telnet the server from another server?

Hi All, I have a problem with auto telnet script, but I want to tell u something a) I am only a member access on the server, so not able to access 'root' account b) not able to install any software on server 3) On server, there is not install 'except' 1. The problem statement, all variables... (8 Replies)
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Need HELP] Find aging file and auto FTP

Dear Experts, I have script to find aging file like this: find /ArchiveINTF/INTF name "*" -type f -mtime +365 {} \; >> agingfile.txt This script will find all files over 365 days. But, I have problem, how to auto FTP all files? Thanks Edy (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: edydsuranta
3 Replies

10. Red Hat

Implement FTP server on RHEL server without using FTP client

We have RHEL 5.8 in our environment, I had a query whether we can implement an FTP server using vsftpd package and Linux configurations like setsebool without using any external FTP clients like FileZilla etc. I am very confused on this. The FTP functionalities that should be present are download &... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RHCE
3 Replies
IDN(1)								   User Commands							    IDN(1)

NAME
idn - Internationalized Domain Names command line tool SYNOPSIS
idn [OPTION]... [STRINGS]... DESCRIPTION
Internationalized Domain Name (IDN) convert STRINGS, or standard input. Command line interface to the internationalized domain name library. All strings are expected to be encoded in the preferred charset used by your locale. Use `--debug' to find out what this charset is. You can override the charset used by setting environment variable CHARSET. To process a string that starts with `-', for example `-foo', use `--' to signal the end of parameters, as in `idn --quiet -a -- -foo'. Mandatory arguments to long options are mandatory for short options too. -h, --help Print help and exit -V, --version Print version and exit -s, --stringprep Prepare string according to nameprep profile -d, --punycode-decode Decode Punycode -e, --punycode-encode Encode Punycode -a, --idna-to-ascii Convert to ACE according to IDNA (default mode) -u, --idna-to-unicode Convert from ACE according to IDNA --allow-unassigned Toggle IDNA AllowUnassigned flag (default off) --usestd3asciirules Toggle IDNA UseSTD3ASCIIRules flag (default off) --no-tld Don't check string for TLD specific rules Only for --idna-to-ascii and --idna-to-unicode -n, --nfkc Normalize string according to Unicode v3.2 NFKC -p, --profile=STRING Use specified stringprep profile instead Valid stringprep profiles: `Nameprep', `iSCSI', `Nodeprep', `Resourceprep', `trace', `SASL- prep' --debug Print debugging information --quiet Silent operation AUTHOR
Written by Simon Josefsson. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to: bug-libidn@gnu.org GNU Libidn home page: <http://www.gnu.org/software/libidn/> General help using GNU software: <http://www.gnu.org/gethelp/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2013 Simon Josefsson. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for idn is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and idn programs are properly installed at your site, the command info idn should give you access to the complete manual. idn 1.28 July 2013 IDN(1)