Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to submit a job with date parm in maestro Post 302068899 by mr-synapse on Tuesday 21st of March 2006 03:11:12 PM
Old 03-21-2006
Submit Meastro script

The first entry in your script is:
#!/bin/bash ( for a bash shell ) or,
#!/usr/bin/ksh ( for a ksh - usual location.)

The first part of the script you are entering variables e.g.:

read =p "What job was modified today?: " job
echo $job # echos the Job entry
read -p "Is this correct Y/N?: " YN
echo $YN
yn=`echo $YN | tr [:lower:][:upper:]` # allows users to enter any CASE chars. converts to upper case ONLY!
read -p "Enter current Date: " dat
echo $dat # echos the date information just entered

Remainder of script processes the variables just entered.

So you now have a beginning point. Just add the variable processing
and the script will be complete!

Good luck!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

submit a ksh script in background

I submitted a ksh script in the background last night before leaving work: ./ping_test & When I came into work this morning I discovered that it had stopped running when my session timed out. So, I then tried it again this morning and logged out before letting it time out as one unix site... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: captainzeb
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cannot submit a background job

Hi all, I am currently facing a problem when i am submitting a script to run in the background to collect statistics round the clock on an AIX box. I don't have root authority nor can I set it in cron. So when i submit the job, it runs fine, but won't let me signoff. It prompts me that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tansha
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

cron job problem, passing a parm

Hi, I have an existing cron job like the following. 15 5 * * * /appl/scripts/MyScript.sh 2>/dev/null >/dev/null and this works just fine. Now I had to modify the script and now it requires an input parm as 2. I had modified the cron entry so that the script can run now with the... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: bheemsen
12 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

pass runtime parm to at -f shell script

Hi Folks... I am using a ksh script to submit the at command to run a shell script for immediate execution. The shell script requries 1 parameter. Command in the script is at -m -f $EXE_DIR/process_server.sh $START_TIME $DB_NAME where START_TIME=now and DB_NAME= tnsname of Oracle... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: island360
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing the value of Out parm in SP to UNIX Shell Script

I have a simple procedure which accepts two input parms and returns and output count: CREATE OR REPLACE Procedure GET1 ( IN_FOLDER IN VARCHAR2, IN_SUBJECT_AREA IN VARCHAR2, OUT_CNT IN OUT VARCHAR2 ) AS BEGIN ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hangman2
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Difference between Maestro and Cron job

Hi, I have to setup a process which will run every 30 minutes and perform a task. I have been looking into and considered to put a cron job in place which will automatically execute the process. But lately I have found that Maestro job is also a process which will allow me to do the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shanth_chandra
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

get system date, format it, pass it as a parameter to a perl script - all in cron job

I am trying to get the string containing date - in a specfic format actually, although I think that part is inconsequencial - 1110226^1110226^1110226^1110226^1110226 - through echo or printf or in some other way - created within a cront job and passed as a parameter to a perl script. Now, I know... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: v8625
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

SGE submit script

Hi, I'm trying to edit my working bash script to an SGE script in order to submit it as a job to the cluster. Currently I have: #!/bin/bash # Perform fastqc on files in a specified directory. for ((j=1; j <=17; j++)) do directory=/data4/una/batch"$j"/ ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: una1992
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exec submit form in bash script

Hi All, I'm new in forum. Many congratulations to everyone for all work. I'm not an expert in bash script I've a problem with a sh file. The sh file run every t minuts and it read data from txt file and then compile form. Finally, the user, from the web browser click on send. The script... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Herbert
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Submit a qsub script SGE

Hello, I'm working on a SGE cluster and trying to echo the variables passed to the qsub command. My script is as follows #!/bin/bash #$ -V #$ -cwd #$ -pe make 10 if ; then echo "Variable is not set" else echo "Variable says: $StatedUserName" fi and I run the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nans
1 Replies
condor_run(1)						      General Commands Manual						     condor_run(1)

Name
       condor_run Submit - a shell command-line as a Condor job

Synopsis
       condor_run [-u universe] "shell command"

Description
       condor_run bundles a shell command line into a Condor job and submits the job. The condor_run command waits for the Condor job to complete,
       writes the job's output to the terminal, and exits with the exit status of the Condor job. No output appears until the job completes.

Enclose the shell command line in double quote marks, so it may be passed to condor_runwithout modification. condor_runwill not read  input
       from  the  terminal while the job executes. If the shell command line requires input, redirect the input from a file, as illustrated by the
       example

% condor_run  "myprog < input.data"

condor_runjobs rely on a shared file system for access to any necessary input files. The current working  directory  of	the  job  must	be
       accessible to the machine within the Condor pool where the job runs.

Specialized environment variables may be used to specify requirements for the machine where the job may run.

CONDOR_ARCH

Specifies the architecture of the required platform. Values will be the same as the  Arch machine ClassAd attribute.

CONDOR_OPSYS

Specifies the operating system of the required platform. Values will be the same as the  OpSys machine ClassAd attribute.

CONDOR_REQUIREMENTS

Specifies  any additional requirements for the Condor job. It is recommended that the value defined for  CONDOR_REQUIREMENTS be enclosed
	  in parenthesis.

When one or more of these environment variables is specified, the job is submitted with:

Requirements = $CONDOR_REQUIREMENTS && Arch == $CONDOR_ARCH && 

OpSys == $CONDOR_OPSYS

Without these environment variables, the job receives the default requirements expression, which requests a machine of the same platform as
       the machine on which condor_runis executed.

All environment variables set when condor_runis executed will be included in the environment of the Condor job.

condor_runremoves the Condor job from the queue and deletes its temporary files, if condor_runis killed before the Condor job completes.

Options
       -u universe

Submit  the  job  under the specified universe. The default is vanilla. While any universe may be specified, only the vanilla, standard,
	  scheduler, and local universes result in a submit description file that may work properly.

Examples
       condor_runmay be used to compile an executable on a different platform. As an example, first set the environment variables for the required
       platform:

% setenv CONDOR_ARCH "SUN4u"
       % setenv CONDOR_OPSYS "SOLARIS28"

Then, use condor_runto submit the compilation as in the following three examples.

% condor_run  "f77 -O -o myprog myprog.f"

or

% condor_run  "make"

or

% condor_run  "condor_compile cc -o myprog.condor myprog.c"

Files
       condor_runcreates  the  following  temporary  files in the user's working directory. The placeholder <pid> is replaced by the process id of
       condor_run.

.condor_run .<pid>

A shell script containing the shell command line.

.condor_submit.<pid>

The submit description file for the job.

.condor_log.<pid>

The Condor job's log file; it is monitored by condor_run , to determine when the job exits.

.condor_out.<pid>

The output of the Condor job before it is output to the terminal.

.condor_error.<pid>

Any error messages for the Condor job before they are output to the terminal.

condor_run removes these files when the job completes. However, if condor_run fails, it is possible that these files will remain in  the
	  user's working directory, and the Condor job may remain in the queue.

General Remarks
       condor_runis  intended  for  submitting	simple shell command lines to Condor. It does not provide the full functionality of condor_submit.
       Therefore, some condor_submiterrors and system failures may not be handled correctly.

All processes specified within the single shell command line will be executed on the single machine matched with the job. Condor  will  not
       distribute multiple processes of a command line pipe across multiple machines.

condor_runwill  use  the  shell	specified  in the  SHELL environment variable, if one exists. Otherwise, it will use /bin/shto execute the
       shell command-line.

By default, condor_runexpects Perl to be installed in  /usr/bin/perl . If Perl is installed in another path, ask the  Condor  administrator
       to edit the path in the condor_runscript, or explicitly call Perl from the command line:

% perl path-to-condor/bin/condor_run  "shell-cmd"

Exit Status
       condor_runexits with a status value of 0 (zero) upon complete success. The exit status of condor_runwill be non-zero upon failure. The exit
       status in the case of a single error due to a system call will be the error number ( errno ) of the failed call.

Author
       Condor Team, University of Wisconsin-Madison

Copyright
       Copyright (C) 1990-2012 Condor Team, Computer Sciences Department, University of  Wisconsin-Madison,  Madison,  WI.  All  Rights  Reserved.
       Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0.

See the Condor Version 7.8.2 Manualor http://www.condorproject.org/licensefor additional notices. condor-admin@cs.wisc.edu

September 2012						     condor_run(1)