Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris show firmware of network card Post 302068881 by pressy on Tuesday 21st of March 2006 12:09:58 PM
Old 03-21-2006
Summary

thanks for your answer RTM, but modinfo only shows the version of the kernel module, not the hardware firmware/fcode....

i found a solution:

first, it is possible to see it in the OBP like i wrote...

2nd:
to see it in a running system, you could use:
# prtpicl -v -c network | grep version
--snip--
:version Sun PCI Gigaswift 1000Base-X FCode 2.12 04/04/22
--snip--
#

or 3rd:
# prtconf -pv | grep version
--snip--
version: 'Sun PCI Gigaswift 1000Base-X FCode 2.12 04/04/22'
--snip--

thanks for your time...

regards pressy

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

network card

I have a UnixWare 2 server that has an ISA 3Com NIC that has just a BNC connector on it. I want to remove this and install an ISA 3Com NIC that has a BNC/RJ45 connector. What steps do I have to go through to successfully complete this? Thye are almost the exact same cards except for the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cparks
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing network card

1) i am trying to install realtek network card in caldrea linux, but i am not able to find the interface, 2)i download drivers for network card and i am not able to read the floopy in linux, pls help me out. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gops
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

Network Card with SGI

The Octane is driving me nuts . It was sitting on the network doing its job nicely and i had to pull the n/w cable out from the wall to pull it from the inside of the table and connected it again . The logs show this -- link down .... < when i pulled it out > link ok < when i connected > But... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: DPAI
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Network Card Help

I have been having trouble with my sis900 neytwork card in slacwkare linux. I tried to modprobe the sis900, it didnt give me any errors but it didnt load it. so I put in a realtek 8139 network card and tried it too. These are the errors i get with the two cards when trying to do insmod on either of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: The Fridgerator
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

network card problem

hi, everyone: alpha 600 au true64 Unix 4.0f my network cart is set "Auto-Negotiate".After operate system startup,the network will be disconnected by itself at sometime. I found some prompt in /usr/adm/messages. "tu0 :transmit FIFO underflow:threshold raised to :256 byteŁ¬link up... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: q30
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Network card and internet

Hi!. I have problems installing my network card under ther redhat kernel. First i tryed my integrated intel pro set 10/100 then my d-link 530tx Pci but none of them seems to be found. also i huse my network card to connect to the net trough PPPOE where i need to type my username and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gibbler
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I tell which network card is which?

I have three network cards in my unix box. I need to figure out which card corresponds to an assigned IP address. If there some command in unix I can use to make an ethernet interface blink? Any advice would be appreciated. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Show all network info

Is there a command that display all network info. I'm looking for ip address, subnet mask, gateway, and dns. If there isn't a single command could someone please write me a shellscript that can do this? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
8 Replies

9. Red Hat

Regarding Network Interface Card

Dear All , While taking backups in one Linux Server , we find one alert came with regard to Network Interface Card. Pl find the below alert. Network Interface Card performance for NIC:eth1 has exceeded Major threshold. Bytes sent and received per second (Average)= 105540.303101... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
6 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Error on network card

Hi Please can you help me to understand what could be wrong based on what I have captured in the logs: I have run cat /var/log/syslog | grep -i warn, and I got the following output NetworkManager: <warn> Activation (eth3) failed. Dec 23 10:58:25 cmoveldb02 NetworkManager: <warn> (eth3): DHCPv4... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
2 Replies
ATMEL_FWL(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      ATMEL_FWL(8)

NAME
atmel_fwl - Load firmware into Atmel at76c50x wireless networking chips. SYNOPSIS
atmel_fwl <interface> /path/to/firmware DESCRIPTION
atmel_fwl loads firmware images for Atmel at76c50x series wireless networking chips into the Linux driver for same. Note that this utility is not normally necessary, since the driver will automatically load the correct firmware image via the hotplug sys- tem. Atmel_fwl is provided for applications where use of the hotplug system may not be desirable. atmel_fwl should be run after the interface has been created (after card insertion, in the case of PCMCIA cards) but before it is brought up by running ifconfig. NOTES
Note that there are two versions of many of the firmware images, the second one with the suffix "-wpa". These are later releases from Atmel which support WPA privacy. They are only usable by versions of the driver greater than 0.9. Be sure not to use the "-wpa" one unless your in-kernel driver code is version 0.9 or better. Sadly, as of version 0.9, the in-kernel driver does not actually support the setting of WPA passphrases. The firmware images are usually installed in /usr/lib/hotplug/firmware. The status of the driver, including its firmware loading, is available in /proc/driver/atmel FILES
/usr/lib/hotplug/firmware /proc/driver/atmel SEE ALSO
iwconfig(8), ifconfig(8), AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Simon Kelley <simon@thekelleys.org.uk>. ATMEL_FWL(8)