Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: rules
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators rules Post 302068839 by Neo on Tuesday 21st of March 2006 08:25:41 AM
Old 03-21-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrn
rules are there but asking 2 questions out of 30 is surely understanable esp when the instructor gives an open book test and urged us to seek answers anywhere we can except from him directly.
You are getting close to being banned from posting here. Just as your instructor has asked you not to ask him how to solve homework (his rules) -- we also have the same rules here. No homework. We don't do your homework for you, period.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rules?

What rules? I have been searching for hours on the internet and just cannot seem to find the command you would type to add a serial port or the file that specifies whether a filesystem shoudl be mounted at boot time or not............. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Xskwizitboi
1 Replies

2. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Rules

https://www.unix.com/showthread.php?t=2971 Spelling Error. You 'Adhere' to rules, not adhear. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tux
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rules for new password?

What are the rules for choosing a new password when the old one expires? I notice when I try to use a password that is similar to my previous one then it won't take it. Got me wondering what the exact rules are- as in, how different does it have to be from previous passwords. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zTodd
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

iptables help with rules

Hi, I've been struggling with this all morning and seem to have a blind spot on what the problem is. I'm trying to use iptables to block traffic on a little cluster of raspberry pi's but to allow ssh and ping traffic within it. The cluster has a firewall server with a wifi card connecting to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: steadyonabix
4 Replies

5. Cybersecurity

Need help for iptables rules

Hello, I did 2 scripts. The second one is, I hope, more secure. What do you think? Basic connection (no server, no router, no DHCP and the Ipv6 is disabled) #######script one #################### iptables -F iptables -X -t filter iptables -P INPUT DROP iptables -P FORWARD... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Thomas342
6 Replies
DIALTEST(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       DIALTEST(8)

NAME
dialtest - HylaFAX dial string processing rules test program SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/dialtest [ options ] dialrules DESCRIPTION
dialtest is an interactive program for the testing and development of dial string processing rules used by HylaFAX. dialtest reads the file of rules specified on the command line and then prompts for a dial string. For each string typed in, dialtest prints the result of applying the canonicalization and dial-string preparation rule sets. A rule set whose name is setname can be specified by typing ``set- name(string)''; for example, ``CanonicalName(+1.415.965.7824)''. Note that dialtest reads the rules file only when it is initially started up. This means that dialtest must be restarted for it to apply changes to a rules file. OPTIONS
-a code Use code as the value of AreaCode in the rules file. The default area code is ``415''. -c code Use code as the value of CountryCode in the rules file. The default country code is ``1''. -i prefix Use prefix as the value of InternationalPrefix in the rules file. The default international dialing prefix is ``011''. -l prefix Use prefix as the value of LongDistancePrefix in the rules file. The default long distance dialing prefix is ``1''. -q Be quiet, suppressing most all output except for the actual results. This is useful for using dialtest in an automated fashion. -v Print each input line before displaying the results of applying the dial string rules to the input string. This can be useful, for example, in shell scripts. SEE ALSO
dialrules(5) March 3, 1995 DIALTEST(8)