Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: memory fault
Top Forums Programming memory fault Post 302068794 by matrixmadhan on Tuesday 21st of March 2006 03:15:06 AM
Old 03-21-2006
be clear and specific in your posts.

core dump could arise due to many faults
and one such is illegal memory access.

Please mention the pt where you encounter that problem.
That would help to proceed further.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Memory Fault

I am using Unix OpenServer Release 5. When a run a application with user different to "Superuser" the application give me the following error: "Memory Fault - Core Dump". What's that mean? Thank you in advance. Roberto Veras. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: robertoveras
1 Replies

2. Programming

Memory fault(coredump)

Dear All, I made a program which do some simple jobs like reading data from other process's shared memory and writing messages to the queues of other process. what happens is my program works fine and do all the task as expected but then then program ends it give Memory fault(coredump). I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ralo
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Memory fault in ql session

Hi, Am getting memory fault when i start ql session in SCO unix server. Can any one suggest the way to solve this issue. Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: param_it
0 Replies

4. Ubuntu

Memory fault(coredump)

Hey guys, I am new to the Linux world and have a question to post. When I ssh from a HP-UX machine to a ubuntu machine I get the following error message Memory fault(coredump) i.e. ssh 192.168.1.3 I get this message as shown below Memory fault(coredump) Can someone please explain... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fkaba81
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mysql memory fault

I (think I) installed MYSQL on a Red Hat box. When I try to start mysql I get a memory fault error. Any ideas on how to fix this? Here is some info that might help: My distro info $ cat /proc/version Linux version 2.4.21-40.ELsmp (bhcompile@hs20-bc1-7 .build.redhat.com) (gcc version 3.2.3... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wsetchell
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Setui(0) memory fault

Hi i have this code that used to wrok fine in unix mp-ras. After the migration to linux suse i recompiled the script and now when it is executed i get a Memory fault (coredump) message. Does anybody knows why' what should I change? tks SCRIPT #include <stdio.h> #include <sys/types.h>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrodrig
1 Replies

7. Linux

Help with memory fault

We have migrated our application from HP UX to linux. The code is in 4gl and after migration it has started giving Memory fault while running a batch job. The trace shows segmentation fault after a series of recvfrom and sendto(DB read) sigsegv segmentation fault @ 0 0 killed by SIGSEGV The... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aimee
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Page Fault + Memory

I am not sure where to post this so i will put it in the newbie section. I have set up a bog standard debain 6, LAMP environment in the cloud. The specs 1 core at 2GH 2.5gb Memory running Jommla, with about 1.6K visitors a day. I am using AppFirst (appfirst.com) to monitor the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: waseem
2 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Memory fault(coredump)

I am writing a program that copies a program and prints the program with a line count. this is the program I wrote: #include <stdio.h> main() { int c; int nl_cnt = 0; while((c = getchar()) != EOF){ if(c = '\n'){ nl_cnt++;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: heywoodfloyd
3 Replies

10. Solaris

M4000 Memory Fault

Hi Guys and Gals, Does anyone know how to track down a faulty DIMM on the memory board of an M4000? showhardconf tells me which board it is, but was wondering if there was a way to track it down to a DIMM? Thanks in advance Martin (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: callmebob
5 Replies
FTWHICH(1)						      General Commands Manual							FTWHICH(1)

NAME
ftwhich - fault tolerant search for a command name SYNOPSIS
ftwhich [-#hIp][-t#] program_name DESCRIPTION
ftwhich is a fault tolerant version of the which(1) command. ftwhich searches for a given program in all directories included in your PATH environment variable and reports all files with a name that approximately matches the given program_name. ftwhich achieves fault tolerance by calculating the so called Weighted Levenshtein Distance. The Levenshtein Distance is defined as the minimum number of character insertions, deletions and replacements that transform a string A into a string B. ftwhich is similar to the which command with the following differences: - ftwhich is by default NOT case sensitive - ftwhich is fault tolerant - Some shells have a build in which command that will also search aliases. ftwhich can naturally not search for aliases as it does not know about alias definitions. - ftwhich lists all files that approximately match. The files first shown take preference over files of the same name printed later as they are from directories listed earlier in the PATH. - The level of fault tolerance can be adjusted by specifying the optional parameter tolerance. A tolerance of 0 specifies exact match. OPTIONS
-h Prints help/usage information. -I Do case sensitive search (default is case in-sensitive) -p print the actual distance value in front of the found filename. This value is equal to the number of insertions, deletions and replacements necessary to transform the name of the found program into the search key. -# or -t# Set the fault tolerance level to #. The fault tolerance level is an integer in the range 0-255. It specifies the maximum number of errors permitted in finding the approximate match. The default tolerance is (strlen(searchpattern) - number of wildcards)/6 + 1 program_name The program file to search for. '*' and '?' can be used as wildcards. '?' denotes one single character. '*' denotes an arbitrary number of characters. The last argument to ftwhich is not parsed for options as the program needs at least one program_name argument. This means that ftwhich -x will not complain about a wrong option but search for the program named -x. EXAMPLE
Search for all programs like gcc in your PATH: ftwhich gcc This will e.g. find gcc or cc or CC ... To find all files that start with any prefix and end in config and differ in 2 letters from the word config: ftwhich -2 '*config' To find all files that exactly start with the prefix if: ftwhich -0 'if*' To find all clock programs: ftwhich -0 '*clock*' BUGS
The wildcards '?' and '*' can not be escaped. These characters function always as wildcards. This is however not a big problem since there is normally hardly any command that has these characters in its name. AUTHOR
Guido Socher (guido@linuxfocus.org) SEE ALSO
whichman(1), ftff(1) Search utilities January 1999 FTWHICH(1)