Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: rules
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators rules Post 302068736 by vrn on Monday 20th of March 2006 09:04:27 PM
Old 03-20-2006
rules

rules are there but asking 2 questions out of 30 is surely understanable esp when the instructor gives an open book test and urged us to seek answers anywhere we can except from him directly.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rules?

What rules? I have been searching for hours on the internet and just cannot seem to find the command you would type to add a serial port or the file that specifies whether a filesystem shoudl be mounted at boot time or not............. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Xskwizitboi
1 Replies

2. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Rules

https://www.unix.com/showthread.php?t=2971 Spelling Error. You 'Adhere' to rules, not adhear. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tux
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rules for new password?

What are the rules for choosing a new password when the old one expires? I notice when I try to use a password that is similar to my previous one then it won't take it. Got me wondering what the exact rules are- as in, how different does it have to be from previous passwords. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zTodd
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

iptables help with rules

Hi, I've been struggling with this all morning and seem to have a blind spot on what the problem is. I'm trying to use iptables to block traffic on a little cluster of raspberry pi's but to allow ssh and ping traffic within it. The cluster has a firewall server with a wifi card connecting to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: steadyonabix
4 Replies

5. Cybersecurity

Need help for iptables rules

Hello, I did 2 scripts. The second one is, I hope, more secure. What do you think? Basic connection (no server, no router, no DHCP and the Ipv6 is disabled) #######script one #################### iptables -F iptables -X -t filter iptables -P INPUT DROP iptables -P FORWARD... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Thomas342
6 Replies
AUGENRULES:(8)						  System Administration Utilities					    AUGENRULES:(8)

NAME
augenrules - a script that merges component audit rule files SYNOPSIS
augenrules [--check] [--load] DESCRIPTION
augenrules is a script that merges all component audit rules files, found in the audit rules directory, /etc/audit/rules.d, placing the merged file in /etc/audit/audit.rules. Component audit rule files, must end in .rules in order to be processed. All other files in /etc/audit/rules.d are ignored. The files are concatenated in order, based on their natural sort (see -v option of ls(1)) and stripped of empty and comment (#) lines. The last processed -D directive without an option, if present, is always emitted as the first line in the resultant file. Those with an option are replicated in place. The last processed -b directive, if present, is always emitted as the second line in the resultant file. The last processed -f directive, if present, is always emitted as the third line in the resultant file. The last processed -e directive, if present, is always emitted as the last line in the resultant file. The generated file is only copied to /etc/audit/rules.d, if it differs. OPTIONS
--check test if rules have changed and need updating without overwriting audit.rules. --load load old or newly built rules into the kernel. FILES
/etc/audit/rules.d/ /etc/audit/audit.rules SEE ALSO
audit.rules(8), auditctl(8), auditd(8). Red Hat Apr 2013 AUGENRULES:(8)