Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users insert pipe in file to separate values Post 302068685 by DebianJ on Monday 20th of March 2006 10:06:52 AM
Old 03-20-2006
is there a way using ksh?

is there a way using ksh to doing this?
because i don't know how to use perl... Smilie

thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

insert pipe in the finish of the line

hi, i have a flat file, with lines (records), and fields, and each field is separated by pipe ( | ) : 1|078|012006|3,9 2|078|012006|8692275|4|2|GON3507090 2|078|012006|7655734|9|0|GON3507090 2|078|012006|7572405|5|4|GCR5N07090 what i need is to insert a pipe in the end of the line:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DebianJ
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

hw to insert array values sequentially in a file

Hi All :), I am very new to unix. I am requiring ur help in developing shell script for below problem. I have to replace the second field of file with values of array sequentially where first field is ValidateKeepVar <File> UT-ExtractField 1 | &LogEntry &Keep(DatatoValidate)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohiiit.sharma
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Korn shell program to parse CSV text file and insert values into Oracle database

Enclosed is comma separated text file. I need to write a korn shell program that will parse the text file and insert the values into Oracle database. I need to write the korn shell program on Red Hat Enterprise Linux server. Oracle database is 10g. (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: shellguy
15 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to insert a sequence number column inside a pipe delimited csv file using shell scripting?

Hi All, I need a shell script which could insert a sequence number column inside a dat file(pipe delimited). I have the dat file similar to the one as shown below.. |A|B|C||D|E |F|G|H||I|J |K|L|M||N|O |P|Q|R||S|T As shown above, the column 4 is currently blank and i need to insert sequence... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nithins007
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to Insert values in multiple lines(records) within a pipe delimited text file in specific cols

this is Korn shell unix. The scenario is I have a pipe delimited text file which needs to be customized. say for example,I have a pipe delimited text file with 15 columns(| delimited) and 200 rows. currently the 11th and 12th column has null values for all the records(there are other null columns... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasan2815
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

insert dummy values in a file

Hey guys, i have a file a.txt and i need to insert a dummy data into it as per the below pattern.. bash: cat a.txt 1234,34 3434,45 4545,56 3434,56 Now i need the file in the below pattern 1234,34,a0001,C_01 3434,45,a0002,C_02 4545,56,a0003,C_03 3434,56,a0004,C_04 here the count of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaituteja
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find for line with not null values at nth place in pipe delimited file

Hi, I am trying to find the lines in a pipe delimited file where 11th column has not null values. Any help is appreciated. Need help asap please. thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manikms
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert empty columns inside a pipe delimited file

Hi All , I have pipe delimiter file with 11 columns . I need to insert 4 empty columns after column 10 . and After 11 column I need to insert a column which is having the same value for all the rows . My file 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11 New file ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hypesslearner
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert values into a file 0 as per the date wise

Hi The file contains 12 months of date and less than 12 months of data I want to display if date filed less than 12 months of data I want to insert a value amount 1 to amount4 0 and dates as well. 12345|Date|cntry|amount1|amount2|amount3|amoun4... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagu
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to print line is values between two fields in separate file

I am trying to use awk to find all the $3 values in file2 that are between $2 and $3 in file1. If a value in $3 of file2 is between the file1 fields then it is printed along with the $6 value in file1. Both file1 and file2 are tab-delimited as well as the desired output. If there is nothing to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
4 Replies
let(1)                                                             User Commands                                                            let(1)

NAME
let - shell built-in function to evaluate one or more arithmetic expressions SYNOPSIS
ksh let arg... DESCRIPTION
ksh Each arg is a separate "arithmetic expression" to be evaluated. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 The value of the last expression is non-zero. 1 The value of the last expression is zero. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ksh(1), set(1), typeset(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 1994 let(1)