Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: DHCP server question
Special Forums IP Networking DHCP server question Post 302068682 by stdout on Monday 20th of March 2006 09:53:17 AM
Old 03-20-2006
hello,

create 3 subnets, specify each default gateway.
configure your switchports belong to what vlan.
configure the router to be dhcp relay agent - specify the dhcp server.
done.

ps:
if you dont have vlan capable NIC/router - then you should forget it.
vlan is not an NIC with multiple IPAddr in it.

cheers...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

DHCP Server Suggestions

I need to setup a DHCP server in our office for Macs, Windows (98/ME/NT/2000) Linux and Unix servers and workstations. We want it on a Unix server, but I'm unsure what is out there. The Unix world is new to me, so any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks! Corey (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: coreyhead
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

DHCP client question

hi all, In dhcp client , how to specify no of retiral attempts for getting IP ? man dhclient.conf - has rery timeout but i m looking for attempts Also option nwip.autoretries uint8; - i guess this is for dhcpd server I basically want to expire after the first attempt. Any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramchan10
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

DHCP server also acting as relay

Hi. I want to use the DHCP server that comes with vxWorks 6.4. The DHCP server implementation has a table that contains addresses of DHCP servers that will receive a copy of all the client requests that the local server gets, thus the server acts as a dhcp relay at the same time. Can anyone... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomwolf
4 Replies

4. Debian

Question on the dhcp-server configuration for a fixed IP address.

Hi , when i configure my server with a fixed ip address in dhcpd.conf as below subnet 172.21.151.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 { range 172.21.151.66 172.21.151.66; } host switch { hardware ethernet 00:05:30:02:DB:31; fixed-address 172.21.151.66; } when i start dhcpd server , it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gopi Krishna P
2 Replies

5. Solaris

General question about configuring DHCP on Solaris

Dears, my question is that possible to configure any server to work in solaris zone i mean any server cos i read that DHCP can't be work on solaris zone is that real or not Best Regards Alexander Corvinus (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: corvinusbsd
4 Replies

6. IP Networking

DHCP Server on Vxworks multi interface question

Hi, We currently operate a DHCP Server on Vxworks system. It seems that the server is functioning only over the boot interface. While trying to use it on a different interface the DHCP client messages seems to reach the interface but stay without response. From a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zohara
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

DHCP Server address

Where can you find your DHCP Server address? I checked all of the files that this mentioned with no luck. Quick HOWTO : Ch08 : Configuring the DHCP Server - Linux Home Networking (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
6 Replies

8. IP Networking

DHCP server discover

I need a script to scan the surrounding DHCP servers. I want to know how many dhcp servers are there on my connected etnernet. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: getrue
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris DHCP Server

I need to find out the MAC address of an IP leased from DHCP server . For Eg:-i need to know the MAC of the below mentioned IP at the below mentioned time . IP : 172.16.28.90 Date :Sunday July 2nd 2011 Time : 14.07.2011 OS -Solaris 10 Vital QIP IP management software using to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeep.tk
0 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Ubuntu Server in VM - DHCP Server not working

Hello. Doing my first steps in Linux and while trying to configure a DHCP server in Linux i encountered some problems: TOPOLOGY: - Laptop with Windows 8.1 - VM Player 12 with Linux installed (Ubuntu Server 14.04) - ICS-DHCP-SERVER installed and running - Another LAPTOP conected to a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Portuguevos
1 Replies
NG_VLAN(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						NG_VLAN(4)

NAME
ng_vlan -- IEEE 802.1Q VLAN tagging netgraph node type SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include <netgraph.h> #include <netgraph/ng_vlan.h> DESCRIPTION
The vlan node type multiplexes frames tagged according to the IEEE 802.1Q standard between different hooks. Each node has two special hooks, downstream and nomatch, and an arbitrary number of ``vlan'' hooks, each associated with a particular VLAN tag. An ETHERTYPE_VLAN frame received on the downstream hook with a tag that the node has been configured to filter is sent out the corresponding ``vlan'' hook. If it does not match any of the configured tags, or is not of a type ETHERTYPE_VLAN, it is sent out the nomatch hook. If the nomatch hook is not connected, the packet is dropped. An Ethernet frame received on the nomatch hook is passed unmodified to the downstream hook. An Ethernet frame received on any of the ``vlan'' hooks is tagged accordingly and sent out the downstream hook. HOOKS
This node type supports the following hooks: downstream Typically this hook would be connected to a ng_ether(4) node, using the lower hook. nomatch Typically this hook would also be connected to an ng_ether(4) type node using the upper hook. <any valid name> Any other hook name will be accepted and should later be associated with a particular tag. Typically this hook would be attached to an ng_eiface(4) type node using the ether hook. CONTROL MESSAGES
This node type supports the generic control messages, plus the following: NGM_VLAN_ADD_FILTER (addfilter) Associates a hook with the tag. NGM_VLAN_DEL_FILTER (delfilter) Disassociates a hook from the tag. NGM_VLAN_GET_TABLE (gettable) Returns a table of all hook/tag associations. EXAMPLES
#!/bin/sh ETHER_IF=rl0 ngctl -f- <<EOF shutdown ${ETHER_IF}: mkpeer ${ETHER_IF}: vlan lower downstream name ${ETHER_IF}:lower vlan connect ${ETHER_IF}: vlan: upper nomatch EOF ngctl mkpeer vlan: eiface vlan123 ether ngctl msg vlan: addfilter '{ vlan=123 hook="vlan123" }' SHUTDOWN
This node shuts down upon receipt of a NGM_SHUTDOWN control message, or when all hooks have been disconnected. SEE ALSO
netgraph(4), ng_eiface(4), ng_ether(4), ngctl(8), nghook(8) HISTORY
The ng_vlan node type appeared in FreeBSD 4.10. AUTHORS
Ruslan Ermilov <ru@FreeBSD.org> BSD
March 1, 2004 BSD