Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Retrieving IP address of Client from Server Post 302068642 by matrixmadhan on Monday 20th of March 2006 03:06:25 AM
Old 03-20-2006
executing lsof on parent of the shell (login pid)
results in /dev/kmem error.

But how would this identify the client connected to the Server?

Thanks!!!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

IP address of telnet client

Hi, I am using the telnet client on windowsNT to access the Unix system. I want to find out the IP address of the telnet client from the server side. The reason is I want to set the DISPLAY environment variable when the user is logged on. Is there anyway that the the Unix server can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vtran4270
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

Client Ip Address

I have a UNIX daemon program which takes client connections via TCP/IP sockets. What I need to know is if there is any way of getting the IP address of the client socket once a connection has been made... or do I have to code my client to send it manually ? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ovingtond
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

client IP address

when working on a telnet is it possible the client machine accessing the server machine supply its IP Address to the server machine . The only other shell i can use is the TCL shell. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rolly
2 Replies

4. Programming

Getting IP Address of a client

I read an other post with a similar title but thios is different. here is a basic portion layout of our network Win PC 1 w/Refection X -- | Win PC 2 w/Refection X -- |-- 1 of 6 HP Unix servers -- Win 2k pc Win PC 3 w/Refection X -- ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fayette
0 Replies

5. IP Networking

ip address of a client

A client(PC) connects to an unix server via terminal emulator. How can I obtain that client's IP address? The unix server is an old SVR4.2 (NCR) and the "who" command does not show ip addresses. I need a command or a shell script or a C/C++ program that will help me to obtain the client's... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ka2d2
6 Replies

6. Solaris

How to get the IP address / Host name of client machine

Hi How to get the IP address / Host name of a particular user connected to Unix Server. For example: If used 'DevUser1' is connected to Unix server. I need to find out from which PC this connection has been made. How can this be achieved? Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: MVL
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Determining IP address of NFS server on client

Hi. We use an Isilon cluster system to provide our NAS. The Isilon uses a round-robin DNS setup to spread mount requests across the many nodes of the cluster. When a node needs work, the filesystems that are mounted to it need to be moved to other nodes prior to shutting the node down. I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rascalrick
2 Replies

8. Programming

Client/Server Socket Application - Preventing Client from quitting on server crash

Problem - Linux Client/Server Socket Application: Preventing Client from quitting on server crash Hi, I am writing a Linux socket Server and Client using TCP protocol on Ubuntu 9.04 x64. I am having problem trying to implement a scenario where the client should keep running even when the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: varun.nagpaal
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retrieving file size in a remote server using SSH

Hi, I have public and private keys and that's works fine for me. now I am sending files one by one on remote server and I want to check is file successfully delivered or not by comparing size of file on local machine and remote server using ‘stat -c%s'. Below operations need to be done on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
2 Replies

10. Web Development

How to enable x-client-ip address in apache webserver LogFormat?

how to enable x-client-ip address in apache webserver LogFormat i tried below option, but no luck... 1. LogFormat "%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b \"%{Referer}i\" \"%{User-Agent}i\"" combined 2. LogFormat "%{X-Forwarded-For}i %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b \"%{Referer}i\" \"%{User-Agent}i\"" proxy 3.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghur77
0 Replies
MEM(4)							     Linux Programmer's Manual							    MEM(4)

NAME
mem, kmem, port - system memory, kernel memory and system ports DESCRIPTION
mem is a character device file that is an image of the main memory of the computer. It may be used, for example, to examine (and even patch) the system. Byte addresses in mem are interpreted as physical memory addresses. References to nonexistent locations cause errors to be returned. Examining and patching is likely to lead to unexpected results when read-only or write-only bits are present. It is typically created by: mknod -m 660 /dev/mem c 1 1 chown root:kmem /dev/mem The file kmem is the same as mem, except that the kernel virtual memory rather than physical memory is accessed. It is typically created by: mknod -m 640 /dev/kmem c 1 2 chown root:kmem /dev/kmem port is similar to mem, but the I/O ports are accessed. It is typically created by: mknod -m 660 /dev/port c 1 4 chown root:mem /dev/port FILES
/dev/mem /dev/kmem /dev/port SEE ALSO
chown(1), mknod(1), ioperm(2) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.44 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 1992-11-21 MEM(4)