Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Make for Mac OS X (Darwin)
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Make for Mac OS X (Darwin) Post 29969 by garb on Tuesday 15th of October 2002 02:07:37 AM
Old 10-15-2002
Make for Mac OS X (Darwin)

Can anyone tell me where to find "make". I have performed an exhaustive search of my system using find - to no avail.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

ncurses/Darwin

I am using Darwin on Mac OS X.I.I (new to both Unix and C++). I downloaded the ncurses library from http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/gnu-darwin/ncurses-5.2.tgz, but I don't know what to do with it now. Stuffit has expanded the archive, but I still have the original .tgz as well (if that's... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: parmenides
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Darwin x86

so, what's everyone's opinion on Darwin (x86 rendition)? is it worth installing at the moment? pros? cons? comments? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Karma
5 Replies

3. BSD

Darwin via PearPC

How can I send Ctrl+Alt+Del for Darwin running in PearPC for Linux? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eugrus
1 Replies

4. Programming

Problem with curses library on Mac OS 10.2 darwin

Hello, I am trying to write a simple program with functions in the ncurses library, on a Mac running OSX 10.2.8, with the compiler and libraries that were included in the Dec 2002 Developer's tools release (the last one that runs on Jaguar, as far as I know). When I try to compile, I get... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: marks
2 Replies

5. OS X (Apple)

Darwin 10.4 - Gnome

Hello, I was curious about how one would go about installing gnome on darwin. As far as I know it must be harder than FreeBSD because there doesn't seem to be any ports for it. Would you have to first set up a build environment (GCC etc...) and then compile it from scratch? or is there an... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kpedersen
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed -i on Darwin

This is the first time I've come across this issue sed -i 's/"//g' iscrmireturns sed: 1: "iscrmi": command i expects \ followed by textApparently the -i option is non-standard FreeBSD extensions - does that mean it's not available on Darwin? Strange (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: platz
1 Replies

7. OS X (Apple)

Darwin ports

Hi there. I have an MacBookPro and I want to install Darwin ports. I downloaded & installed MacPorts-1.7.0.pkg and now I don't know what to do. I tried: # port -d selfupdate .... error 1 Command output: checking build system type... i686-apple-darwin9.7.0 checking host system type...... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hirohitosan
7 Replies

8. Solaris

Process to make changed MAC address permanent

Hi If suppose there is a MAC address of NIC port. I have change the MAC address through following command # ifconfig hme0 ether a:0:30:f0.ad:51 The change MAC address will be there till reboot. Now I would like to know how to make the change MAC address permanent. I believe that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amity
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Locking with fcntl on Darwin Mac OSX

Hello I have a Perl script that works on non-darwin Mac OS X environments and I think I have narrowed down the issue to a file locking problem. In other linux environments, the flock struct is defined differently. I have adjusted this via the reference for Mac OS X fcntl(2) man page. The... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: flagman5
4 Replies
UDM_FIND(3)								 1							       UDM_FIND(3)

udm_find - Perform search

SYNOPSIS
resource udm_find (resource $agent, string $query) DESCRIPTION
Performs a search. The search itself. The first argument - session, the next one - query itself. To find something just type words you want to find and press SUBMIT button. For example, "mysql odbc". You should not use quotes " in query, they are written here only to divide a query from other text. mnoGoSearch will find all documents that contain word "mysql" and/or word "odbc". Best documents having bigger weights will be dis- played first. If you use search mode ALL, search will return documents that contain both (or more) words you entered. In case you use mode ANY, the search will return list of documents that contain any of the words you entered. If you want more advanced results you may use query language. You should select "bool" match mode in the search from. PARAMETERS
o $agent - A link to Agent, received after call to udm_alloc_agent(3). o $query - mnoGoSearch understands the following boolean operators: & - logical AND. For example, "mysql & odbc". mnoGoSearch will find any URLs that contain both "mysql" and "odbc". | - logical OR. For example "mysql|odbc". mnoGoSearch will find any URLs, that contain word "mysql" or word "odbc". ~ - logical NOT. For example "mysql & ~odbc". mnoGoSearch will find URLs that contain word "mysql" and do not contain word "odbc" at the same time. Note that ~ just excludes given word from results. Query "~odbc" will find nothing! () - group command to compose more complex queries. For example "(mysql | msql) & ~postgres". Query language is simple and powerful at the same time. Just consider query as usual boolean expression. RETURN VALUES
Returns a result link identifier on success or FALSE on failure. PHP Documentation Group UDM_FIND(3)