Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: home networking
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users home networking Post 29950 by victbla on Monday 14th of October 2002 06:03:06 PM
Old 10-14-2002
home networking

I have a machine that is win98 and a machine that is sun 8. I have a dailup and I want the sun's machine and the win98 machine to see each others file and get each others files, and how do I get the net on the sun machine when the dail up is on the win 98 machine.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

IP networking.

In plain english what exactly is IP Networking? Can someone take the time to explain? please! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kikkin
3 Replies

2. IP Networking

networking

dear sir how many name server can be configured in single machine? thank you very much. sandeep goel (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ask_goel
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Networking

Hi new user to UNIX and I am in the process of networking my UNIX box to my windows2000....Is there a special program I have to install so that my windows would recognize and see the Unix box....any suggestions would be great Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jonas27
1 Replies

4. IP Networking

networking

HI guys/gals basic question lets say i am running a network. lets say i am using Win Me. how would i network Win Me to a computer that has linux and another that has 98 well the 98 is no problem but the linux well i have an idea but i am rusty with linux. No i have rusted out. Would you make... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pydyer
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how ..........networking

hi everyone this is dipendra, i am interested in networking,i know simple socket programming . and now i am wonder to get in to audio socket. i have no clue how to build audio socket.so i am looking if u can provide me a link regarding the audio socket building tutorials. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dipendra_regmi
1 Replies

6. IP Networking

C networking

Can anybody help me regarding networking using c language i know how to capture the packets and to verify it`s protocol destination and source ip etc. Can anybody help me to direct a packet coming to an ip to some other ip of my choice ........ Hope reply ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sannair
0 Replies

7. Programming

how to simulate "mkdir -p /home/blah1/blah2/blah3" in "c" where only /home exist

I'm trying to make use of mkdir(char *pathname, S_IRWXU) to create the directories. but it only creates one directory at a time. so I have to separate the tokens for "/home/blah1/blah2/blah3" as "home blah1 blah2 blah3" using delimiter "/", but it is again hectic to create such directory... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: platinumedge
8 Replies

8. Solaris

how to change /export/home/user dir to /home /user in solaris

Hi all i am using solaris 10, i am creating user with useradd -d/home/user -m -s /bin/sh user user is created with in the following path /export/home/user (auto mount) i need the user to be created like this (/home as default home directory ) useradd -d /home/user -m -s /bin/sh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalyankalyan
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Networking help

What am I doing wrong, I configure interfaces ce1,ce,2 and ce3 but when I reboot the server they lose the configuration and I have to reset them? ifconfig ce1 plumb ifconfig ce2 plumb ifconfig ce1 155.216.13.72 netmask 255.255.255.240 ifconfig ce2 155.216.13.73 netmask 255.255.255.240... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kjons76
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

cp -p /home/* home/exp/*.date not working please help

:( ---------- Post updated at 01:51 AM ---------- Previous update was at 01:50 AM ---------- Not working ---------- Post updated at 02:04 AM ---------- Previous update was at 01:51 AM ---------- cp -p /home/* home/exp/*.`date` i am using this (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rishiraaz
4 Replies
SYSTEMD-MACHINE-ID(1)					     systemd-machine-id-setup					     SYSTEMD-MACHINE-ID(1)

NAME
systemd-machine-id-setup - Initialize the machine ID in /etc/machine-id SYNOPSIS
systemd-machine-id-setup DESCRIPTION
systemd-machine-id-setup may be used by system installer tools to initialize the machine ID stored in /etc/machine-id at install time with a randomly generated ID. See machine-id(5) for more information about this file. This tool will execute no operation if /etc/machine-id is already initialized. If a valid D-Bus machine ID is already configured for the system the D-Bus machine ID is copied and used to initialize the machine ID in /etc/machine-id. If run inside a KVM virtual machine and a UUID is passed via the -uuid option this UUID is used to initialize the machine ID instead of a randomly generated one. The caller must ensure that the UUID passed is sufficiently unique and is different for every booted instanced of the VM. Similar, if run inside a Linux container environment and a UUID is set for the container this is used to initialize the machine ID. For details see the documentation of the Container Interface[1]. OPTIONS
This tool does not take any options or arguments. EXIT STATUS
On success 0 is returned, a non-zero failure code otherwise. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), machine-id(5), dbus-uuidgen(1) AUTHOR
Lennart Poettering <lennart@poettering.net> Developer NOTES
1. Container Interface http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/ContainerInterface systemd 10/07/2013 SYSTEMD-MACHINE-ID(1)