Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: code help
Top Forums Programming code help Post 29845 by bb00y on Saturday 12th of October 2002 03:33:15 AM
Old 10-12-2002
sorry. everytime i run this code, enter an option, the menu of options always display twice before i could choose the option again. for some reason, the first time through it doesn't let me enter an option, like it totally disregard the getchar() statement. it go to the dafault case, and start over the loop, and then it let me enter an option.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Return code from PL/SQL Code

Hi Guys, I was just wondering if anybody can help me with this problem. OK, how we can get a value back from PL/SQL Script (not stored procedure/function) See the below example: (for example aaa.sh) #!/bin/ksh VALUE=`sqlplus -s user/password@test_id <<EOF @xxx.sq EOF` echo $VALUE ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shaz
7 Replies

2. Programming

how i prepare a c++ code(c code) for implementing my own protocol format

helo my protocol format is given below { destno,mode,no.of packet,pktsize,,pktno,textsize,CRC} description:- { is starting flag destno - 4bytes mode - 1 byte no.of pkt - 4byes pktsize - 6 bytes ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

translate ksh code to csh code

hi all, Can any 1 help me translate this korn shell code to C shell code : email=$(grep "^$1" $folder/config_2.txt | awk '{print $2'}) In config_2.txt the content is : which mean in korn shell , $1=groupname and $2=email address. Now i need to write in C shell script,when i set the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: proghack
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

If ‘922’ Code does not exist on ‘03’ Record, ‘901’ Code will be there instead, move ‘03’ R

01,011600033,011600033,110516,0834,2,90,,2/ 02,011600033,011103093,1,110317,0834,,2/ 03,105581,,015,+00000416418,,,901,+00000000148,,,922,+000000 00354,,/ 03,113806,,015,+00000559618,,,901,+00000000096,,,922,+000000 00621,,/ 88,902,+0000000025218,,/... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sgoud
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Block of code replacement in Java source code through Unix script

Hi, I want to remove the following code from Source files (or replace the code with empty.) from all the source files in given directory. finally { if (null != hibernateSession && hibernateSession.isOpen()) { //hibernateSession.close(); } } It would be great if the script has... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hareeshram
2 Replies

6. Linux

Go to a line of code , skip few lines of code

Hi , I have a code where i am using a infinite while loop . some thing like below while do if then #go to line 20 fi command 1; command 2; #line 20: sleep 34; (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Paarth
5 Replies
niffconfig(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     niffconfig(8)

NAME
niffconfig - Configuration program for the Network Interface Failure Finder (NIFF) SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/niffconfig [-a] [-m] [-r] [-s] [-u] [-v] [-d num] [-o num] [-t num] [interface1 interface2...] OPTIONS
Adds an interface or interfaces, specified by the interface parameter. You cannot specify the -a option with the -m, -s, -r, or -u options. Specifies the time period, in seconds, that the traffic monitor thread uses between reads of the interface counters when it suspects there is a connectivity problem. This number must be smaller than the number given for the -t option. The default time period is 5 seconds. If num is not specified, niffconfig uses the default. Specifies the total number of traffic-free seconds that must elapse before the traffic monitor thread determines that a network interface has failed. This number must be at least the sum of the -d option and two times the -t option. That is, given the default time period for -d and -t, the -o option must be at least 20 seconds. The default time period for this option is 60 seconds. If num is not specified, niffconfig uses the default. Modifies the timing parameters of an interface that is already being monitored. Typically, this option is specified along with one or more of -t num, -d num, or -o num options. If none of these parame- ters are specified, the default value is used. You cannot specify the -m option with the -a, -s, -r, or -u options. Stops monitoring the specified interface. Obtains the status of the specified interface. Specifies the time period, in seconds, that the traffic monitor thread delays between reads of the interface counters when the network is running normally. The default time period is 20 seconds. If num is not specified, niffconfig uses the default. Displays the status of all interfaces currently being monitored to standard out (stdout). Displays the status, timer values, and description (verbose mode) of all interfaces currently being monitored to standard out (stdout). DESCRIPTION
The niffconfig command arranges for one or more network interfaces to be monitored for possible loss of connectivity. Timing parameters that govern how quickly an interface can be declared suspect or dead may be manipulated with this command. You can specify multiple inter- faces, separated by a space, on the command line. Note, you must be superuser to use the niffconfig command. Except for the -u and -u options, all niffconfig options require one or more network interfaces to be specified. EXAMPLES
To add the tu0 and tu1 interfaces to the list of monitored interfaces, enter: # niffconfig -a tu0 tu1 To change the time it takes to declare failure on the tu1 interface to 90 seconds, enter: # niffconfig -o 90 tu1 To display the status of all interfaces that are being monitored: # niffconfig -u To stop monitoring the tu0 interface: # niffconfig -r tu0 SEE ALSO
Daemons: niffd(8) Information: EVM(5), nifftmt(7) niffconfig(8)