Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers vol group - physical partition size Post 29798 by Kelam_Magnus on Friday 11th of October 2002 10:39:22 AM
Old 10-11-2002
I would never go above 256, I believe there some issues with this.

I have systems with oracle DBs that are striped 128K across 4 disks. You should be good with 64K or 128K. My DBs are between 200GB and 500GB.

Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

understanding logical partition, physical partition

hi, 1) is logical partition the same as physical partition except that one is physical and the other is logical? 2) then it must a one to one ratio? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
3 Replies

2. HP-UX

determine the physical size of the hard disk

Hi is there a cmd in hpux 11 to determine the physical size of the hard disk. not bdf command. i have searched the other threads here but cant find an answer. thank you guys (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hoffies
4 Replies

3. AIX

max size of a group in /etc/group

I have several AIX servers running 5.2. What is the default max size for a group in /etc/group? How do I change the default max size for a group to be unlimited (if possible)? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: antalexi
4 Replies

4. HP-UX

Unmount and remove all Logical vol.Volume group and physical disk

Hi, Someone please help me with how i can unmount and remove all the files systems from a cluster. This is being shared by two servers that are active_standby. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: joeli
3 Replies

5. IP Networking

IPMI - Get physical memory size

Hi, Does anybody know how to get the RAM size of a powerless server (OS off), with a network hardware management protocol like IPMI ??? Thx (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sncr24
0 Replies

6. AIX

changing Physical Partition (PP)

Hi all, I am trying to replace an old 9gb hard disk for a 36gb hard drive on an AIX 4.3.2 system (can't update) I was thinking of doing this by doing a dd from the 9gb to the 36gb hard drive and then resize the Logical Volumes. However, lspv <36gb hard disk> gives me the folowing: #lrnt>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: eRJe
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Confusion Regarding Physical Volume,Volume Group,Logical Volume,Physical partition

Hi, I am new to unix. I am working on Red Hat Linux and side by side on AIX also. After reading the concepts of Storage, I am now really confused regarding the terminologies 1)Physical Volume 2)Volume Group 3)Logical Volume 4)Physical Partition Please help me to understand these concepts. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kashifsd17
6 Replies

8. Solaris

ZFS : Can arc size value exceed Physical RAM ?

Hi, kstat -p -m zfs -n arcstats -s size returns zfs:0:arcstats:size 8177310584 this values is approx (7.61 GB) but my Physical Memory size is only 6144 Megabytes. Can this happen ? if yes, then how can I find free memory on the system. BTW, I ran the kstat commands from a Non... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sapre_amit
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Physical disk IO size smaller than fragment block filesystem size ?

Hello, in one default UFS filesystem we have 8K block size (bsize) and 1K fragmentsize (fsize). At this scenary I thought all "FileSytem IO" will be 8K (or greater) but never smaller than the fragment size (1K). If a UFS fragment/blocksize is allwasy several ADJACENTS sectors on disk (in a ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rarino2
4 Replies

10. AIX

Trouble removing Physical Disk from Volume Group

I want to remove hdisk1 from volume group diskpool_4 and migrate PV from hdisk1 to hdisk2 , but facing problems, so what is the quickest way to migratepv and remove hdisk1 -- # lspv | grep diskpool_4 hdisk1 00c7780e2e21ec86 diskpool_4 active hdisk2 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
2 Replies
FTL_CS(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual							 FTL_CS(4)

NAME
ftl_cs - Flash Translation Layer driver for PCMCIA memory cards SYNOPSIS
insmod ftl_cs.o [pc_debug=n] [major_dev=n] DESCRIPTION
Flash memory devices typically need to be erased before they are written, and most flash devices can only be erased on large block bound- aries like 64K or 128K. The Flash Translation Layer driver, ftl_cs, implements a sort of virtual sector-addressable block device that hides the details of erase operations. Using the FTL driver, a flash memory card can be treated as an ordinary block device. The ftl_cs driver allocates a major device number when it is loaded. Minor device numbers have a bitwise layout of 'dddrrppp'. 'ddd' is the device number, with one card counting as one device. 'rr' is the common-memory region number, generally 0. And 'ppp' selects a logi- cal partition within the FTL region. The default configuration script for FTL devices will create a block device with the name of the form '/dev/ftl{d}c{r}', where '{d}' is the device number and '{r}' is the region number, that spans the entire FTL region. It also creates devices '/dev/ftl{d}c{r}p[1-4]' pointing to partitions 1 through 4 within this FTL region. An FTL region must be formatted before use. The formatting utility, ftl_format, needs to write to the corresponding raw memory device rather than the FTL device interface. PARAMETERS
pc_debug=n Selects the PCMCIA debugging level. This parameter is only available if the module is compiled with debugging enabled. A non-zero value enables debugging. major_dev=n Selects the major device number to allocate for FTL devices. The default is to pick any available major number. AUTHOR
David Hinds - dahinds@users.sourceforge.net SEE ALSO
ftl_format(8), cardmgr(8), memory_cs(4), pcmcia(5). pcmcia-cs 2000/06/12 21:24:47 FTL_CS(4)