Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Barcode printing problem
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Barcode printing problem Post 29759 by khe_li on Friday 11th of October 2002 02:01:28 AM
Old 10-11-2002
im running SCO unix v3.2 through TINY Term.
the printer using EPSON LQ-2180... it supports barcode printing

previously in windows, i manipulated the EPSON printer code i.e. chr(27) + 'M' etc and same goes to the barcode printing.

but now in this environment, it somehow does not output the barcode. pls adv

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with printing

Hi , Can somebody Please help me in finding out where I am going wrong. Suppose i have a file called r_wer which contains files. for ex : LMN20001 LMN20002 LMN20003 Now I want to print them. The way I am doing is $ for a in `cat '/r_wer'` > do > lp -d printername $a > done But... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rooh
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

printing problem

i can only print from unix when I am logged in as host. When any user logs in (even myself as a user who has root priviledges) I cannot print. Has anyone heard of this problem before and are there any troubleshooting tips out there. HELP......... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: acarroll
3 Replies

3. IP Networking

Printing Problem

I have a printer installed on sun solaris m/c sun os 5.8. It doesn't print more than 52 files i.e if a give lp *.txt and the curent folder contains more than 52 files then it doesn't print them but if print in batches , each containing 52 files then it prints them properly. How do i increase the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kapilv
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Barcode Printing

How can you pull up a list of print drivers loaded at the Unix level? I am trying to get an HP LaserJet 2300 using the PCL5e driver to print barcode labels. I believe the PCL5e driver needs to be loaded somewhere at the Unix level but am at a loss as to where. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: llepley
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

printing Problem

When I print a file from an application it never stops printing. Any ideas? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 744eagle
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Printing problem

Hello, Not sure where to begin on describing the issue; please try to understand that I am not very familiar with SCO UNIXWARE. I am a newbie... We have a SCO UNIXWARE version 7.4 when we restart the computer we are required to enter the command lpstart, without it; people cannot print. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Yorgy
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Printing Problem

I am trying to print to an hp printer. i configured it using the hp configuration, entry is in the /etc/hosts file, i can telnet into it using port 9100, ping it and send jobs to it. it just won't print. the jobs stay in the spooler. its telling me to add the printer to the canaccess list. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rosario
0 Replies

8. HP-UX

Printing problem

I have scheduled to print a numerous of report in mid-night. But, I found that some reports have not been printed out. Then, I checked the file /var/spool/lp/log and found that all reports have been submitted to print queue. Could anyone tell me what can be done to ensure all print jobs can be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alfredo
2 Replies

9. SCO

Problem with printing

Does anybody know how I can stop the system slewing pages when a spool file has finished printing. I need to set up a method where all users are printing to the same printer to produce labels. The problem is that when the first users file has been printed the pages are slewed and the label is not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rongrout
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with printing

Hi, i am writing a script to generate a summary report for my data text file my data in my text file goes like this: MacOS:Mary Abraham:53.48:88:38 Windows in lala:Mary Abraham:22.30:23:22 lala in Windows:John Goodman:33.60:121:12 Hello world:Mr Tian:23.30:23:10 Windows in 31 days:John... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cheranime
2 Replies
Barcode::Industrial2of5(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			      Barcode::Industrial2of5(3pm)

NAME
GD::Barcode::Industrial2of5 - Create Industrial2of5 barcode image with GD SYNOPSIS
ex. CGI use GD::Barcode::Industrial2of5; binmode(STDOUT); print "Content-Type: image/png "; print GD::Barcode::Industrial2of5->new('1234567890')->plot->png; with Error Check my $oGdBar = GD::Barcode::Industrial2of5->new('A12345678'); die $GD::Barcode::Industrial2of5::errStr unless($oGdBar); #Invalid Characters $oGdBar->plot->png; DESCRIPTION
GD::Barcode::Industrial2of5 is a subclass of GD::Barcode and allows you to create Industrial2of5 barcode image with GD. new $oGdBar = GD::Barcode::Industrial2of5->new($sTxt); Constructor. Creates a GD::Barcode::Industrial2of5 object for $sTxt. $sTxt has numeric characters([0-9]). plot() $oGd = $oGdBar->plot([Height => $iHeight, NoText => 0 | 1]); creates GD object with barcode image for the $sTxt specified at new method. $iHeight is height of the image. If NoText is 1, the image has no text image of $sTxt. ex. my $oGdB = GD::Barcode::Industrial2of5->new('12345678'); my $oGD = $oGdB->plot(NoText=>1, Height => 20); # $sGD is a GD image with Height=>20 pixels, with no text. barcode() $sPtn = $oGdBar->barcode(); returns a barcode pattern in string with '1' and '0'. '1' means black, '0' means white. ex. my $oGdB = GD::Barcode::Industrial2of5->new('12345678'); my $sPtn = $oGdB->barcode(); $errStr $GD::Barcode::Industrial2of5::errStr has error message. $text $oGdBar->{$text} has barcode text based on $sTxt specified in new method. AUTHOR
Kawai Takanori GCD00051@nifty.ne.jp COPYRIGHT
The GD::Barocde::Industrial2of5 module is Copyright (c) 2000 Kawai Takanori. Japan. All rights reserved. You may distribute under the terms of either the GNU General Public License or the Artistic License, as specified in the Perl README file. SEE ALSO
GD::Barcode perl v5.12.3 2003-05-29 Barcode::Industrial2of5(3pm)