Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers how to know whether particular port number is free or not Post 29670 by Hitesh Shah on Thursday 10th of October 2002 06:29:28 AM
Old 10-10-2002
Data how to know whether particular port number is free or not

I wish to know whether a particular port is free or not in my SUN solaris SPARC machine . I wish to use that particular port for one server software.

How do I know that.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

get number of a port

Hello every one. I work in a LAN with many application server. Each one use a different port. What command permit to obtain the number of these port. thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hoang
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

FTP Port Number

On HP-UX 11 how do I get the port number of an active ftp connection? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbb
2 Replies

3. Programming

find free port

how can i find whether the particular port is free among certain port numbers like 15000 to 30000 before i connect to the server by assigning the port no for the client (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MKSRaja
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to know port number

Hi expert, I wanted to know in which port my apache is running in solaris box thanks Shaan (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shaan_dmp
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

port number

hi all i want to connect a system, how can i know the port number of a system. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tukuna82
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Finding port number !!

Hi all , I want know the port no on which a particular application is running. How to find that? Thanks in anticipation (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
11 Replies

7. Programming

How to free a port?

hi all, Im using a tcp socket for communication. After all the communications I close the socket and bind another socket to the same port. But it shows bind error. I see it is due to the port no being used immediately. But i am closing the first socket before the binding the second one to the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: v1jay
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

To get Port number alone from the list

~]#netstat -vatn | grep LISTEN tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:34895 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:111 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN tcp 0 0 192.168.122.1:53 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxadmin
7 Replies

9. Solaris

To get process id for port number

Hi All, How to get the list of port numbers and it is correspoding proceses id that are currently running on. Please suggest and it is urgent Thanks. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbalaj16
7 Replies

10. Solaris

How to find port number wwn of particular port on dual port HBA,?

please find the below o/p for your reference bash-3.00# fcinfo hba-port HBA Port WWN: 21000024ff295a34 OS Device Name: /dev/cfg/c2 Manufacturer: QLogic Corp. Model: 375-3356-02 Firmware Version: 05.03.02 FCode/BIOS Version: BIOS: 2.02; fcode: 2.01;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
3 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)