Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Can i see who used our AIX system Post 29558 by auswipe on Tuesday 8th of October 2002 03:56:49 PM
Old 10-08-2002
Will history show history for all users or just one user?

I was thinking of grep'ing for mv commands in the .history for each user on the system.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AIX System information

Hi All, I am new to Unix and am working on AIX ( rs6000 ). I am looking for the system info of the unix box like 1. Number of CPUs 2. CPU speed 3. RAM size Your help is much appreciated Thanks rao. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rao
6 Replies

2. Solaris

rsh commands not getting executed from Solaris 10 System to AIX System

Hi Friends, I am trying to execute rsh commands from Solaris 10 system to AIX system. When I give; Solaris10# rsh <hostname> ls -l , it gives me an error rshd : 0826-826 The host name for your address is not known At the same time, Solaris10# rsh <hostname> ---- gives me remote shell of... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: jumadhiya
25 Replies

3. AIX

How to apply aix 5.3 TL8 properly on ML5 aix system ?

Is it necessary to put system into single user mode for applying aix 5.3 TL8 on a aix 5.3.5.0 system ? Is the TL8 installation not totally safe ? thank you. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: astjen
6 Replies

4. AIX

New to AIX System Admin

Hi everyone, im new to AIX, where can I find some free beginner AIX System admin guide which is similar to AIX Basic Operations V5 http://www-03.ibm.com/certify/tests/obj190.shtml (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ibmer414
9 Replies

5. AIX

I need get the system aix please

hi my frieds, I´m from mexico and I was looking the SO Aix. please help me. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: puma056
4 Replies

6. AIX

Need AIX system commands

Hey Guyz, I am preparing an inventory kindof thing about the aix servers.. I need help to find out the below details for many AIX servers.. Machine model and version Disk Size RAM size no. of CPUs and thier information list of softwares installed I searched in web.. but not much info I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: thariqueakbar
4 Replies

7. AIX

AIX Printers moved to anothere AIX system

AIX Printers need to be moved to another system Guy's We have two servers old AIX 5.2 and new AIX 6.1 the old server has more than 300 printers installed with different configurations I'd like to move all the printers from the old server to the new server with fast steps it's... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ITHelper
1 Replies

8. AIX

How to get the AIX system information?

Hi, How to get the AIX system hardware and software basic information using terminal command with guest login? Here below i have specified some of the information i need. Please have a look at this and guide me. OS Name: OS Version : OS Manufacturer: OS Configuration: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: forumguest
4 Replies

9. AIX

Accessing files on AIX system from Linux system

I have a following requirement in production system 1 : LINUX User: abcd system 2: AIX (it is hosting a production DB) Requirement user abcd from system 1 should have read access on archive log files created by DB on system 2. The log files are created with permissions 540 by user ora ,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitnm1106
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

New to AIX: How do I setup high availability on an AIX System

I am new to AIX but not new to unix. I have an interview for an AIX systems admin position and I know they want someone who has knowledge of High Availability, Failover and LPARs From my research so far, It appear powerha is used to setup high availability and failover on Power systems but is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mathisecure
2 Replies
Tcl_RecordAndEvalObj(3) 				      Tcl Library Procedures					   Tcl_RecordAndEvalObj(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tcl_RecordAndEvalObj - save command on history list before evaluating SYNOPSIS
#include <tcl.h> int Tcl_RecordAndEvalObj(interp, cmdPtr, flags) ARGUMENTS
Tcl_Interp *interp (in) Tcl interpreter in which to evaluate command. Tcl_Obj *cmdPtr (in) Points to a Tcl object containing a command (or sequence of commands) to execute. int flags (in) An OR'ed combination of flag bits. TCL_NO_EVAL means record the command but do not evaluate it. TCL_EVAL_GLOBAL means evaluate the command at global level instead of the current stack level. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Tcl_RecordAndEvalObj is invoked to record a command as an event on the history list and then execute it using Tcl_EvalObjEx (or Tcl_Global- EvalObj if the TCL_EVAL_GLOBAL bit is set in flags). It returns a completion code such as TCL_OK just like Tcl_EvalObjEx, as well as a result object containing additional information (a result value or error message) that can be retrieved using Tcl_GetObjResult. If you do not want the command recorded on the history list then you should invoke Tcl_EvalObjEx instead of Tcl_RecordAndEvalObj. Normally Tcl_RecordAndEvalObj is only called with top-level commands typed by the user, since the purpose of history is to allow the user to re- issue recently invoked commands. If the flags argument contains the TCL_NO_EVAL bit then the command is recorded without being evaluated. SEE ALSO
Tcl_EvalObjEx, Tcl_GetObjResult KEYWORDS
command, event, execute, history, interpreter, object, record Tcl 8.0 Tcl_RecordAndEvalObj(3)