Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl + pack() + spaceing question Post 29245 by Optimus_P on Wednesday 2nd of October 2002 10:03:33 AM
Old 10-02-2002
and the answer lies within

Code:
        elsif ($_ =~ /^33/ ) {
                $pad="         $jackpot[$COUNT][2].00";
                $aqty=pack A12, substr($pad,-12,12) ;
                substr($_,92,12)="${aqty}";
                print FILEOUT "$_\n";
        $COUNT++;
       }

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

spaceing in an shell alias

ok this is my problem. I have a variable that is very specific in spaceing but when ever i try to use the variable i only get 1 empty space vs 3 for example. $ list="list me" $ echo $list list me $ list2="one two three" $ echo $list2 one two three i have tried... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus_P
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl help!! (pack()?)

Hello everyone. I wrote a perl script to get the two answers from a value: x. By this, I want to do sqrt($x) in different precision. #!/usr/bin/perl print "Input the initial value x:\n"; chomp($x=<STDIN>); $comp=sqrt($x); $float_value=pack("f", $comp); $double_value=pack("d", $comp);... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Euler04
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pack current folder

How do I pack (using tar zcvf ?) the current folder inluding all files and folders ?? I need to be sure to get all files and folders/subfolders... Later I will unpack into a new folder on a new server.. Appreciate any help.. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: WebWatch
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

perl pack and unpack commands

I have a file that contains user id and corresponding password. Lets say password is "help". The below command will create a hex value for string "help". perl -e 'print unpack "H*","help"' So now password is in encoded format. Then I decoded it in the script where am fetching the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: max_payne1234
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash equivalent of perl's pack function ?

Is there an equivalent of perl's pack function in bash ? Or in other words, how can I achieve the same thing in bash ? Much appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NewDeb
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Perl-to-Oracle performance: DBI-pack visa 'sqlplus' usage

I wondering if anybody tried already or know about the performance to process some Oracle staff from Perl. I see it could be done by the DBI pachage (so, I guess, it is interface to the OCI, but who know how sufficiant it is..,) with all gemicks around (define, open, parce, bind,.. ), or it can... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
8 Replies

7. Programming

Python, struct.pack

Hello, I found some code on line. Is a python function that bring up an Internet interface, here the code: # Get existing device flags ifreq = struct.pack('16sh', 'wlan0', 0) flags = struct.unpack('16sh', fcntl.ioctl(sockfd, SIOCGIFFLAGS, ifreq)) I'm starting... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dedalus
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

perl pack and unpack commands

I am using pack/unpack to encyrpt a file. syntax is below #!/bin/sh encrypt=`perl -e 'print unpack "H*","yourpassword"'` - echo $encrypt >/file/to/store/encrypted/password pass=`cat /file/to/store/encrypted/password` decrypt=`perl -e 'print pack "H*",$pass'` ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: erinlomo
2 Replies

9. Solaris

weblogic Maintenance pack

Hi ALL, I am running weblogic portal(9.2.2) on solaris and i wanted to apply maintenance pack and upgrade it to 9.2.3. Without using x-windows system how can i apply maintenance pack.? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaurav183
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pack and unpack localtime in perl script

Hi I have a code like this: sub WriteEbcdicHeader { my $Htimestamp=localtime();#i need to pack and unpack this my $eheaderline = $Htimestamp; #packing has to be done here #unpacking has to be done after packing print $EOUTFILE return $eheaderline; } sub WriteEbcdicTrailer { ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbathena
5 Replies
GIT-PACK-REDUNDANT(1)						    Git Manual						     GIT-PACK-REDUNDANT(1)

NAME
git-pack-redundant - Find redundant pack files SYNOPSIS
git pack-redundant [ --verbose ] [ --alt-odb ] < --all | .pack filename ... > DESCRIPTION
This program computes which packs in your repository are redundant. The output is suitable for piping to xargs rm if you are in the root of the repository. git pack-redundant accepts a list of objects on standard input. Any objects given will be ignored when checking which packs are required. This makes the following command useful when wanting to remove packs which contain unreachable objects. git fsck --full --unreachable | cut -d ' ' -f3 | git pack-redundant --all | xargs rm OPTIONS
--all Processes all packs. Any filenames on the command line are ignored. --alt-odb Don't require objects present in packs from alternate object directories to be present in local packs. --verbose Outputs some statistics to stderr. Has a small performance penalty. SEE ALSO
git-pack-objects(1) git-repack(1) git-prune-packed(1) GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 1.8.5.3 01/14/2014 GIT-PACK-REDUNDANT(1)