Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers formatting space usage/available reports Post 2894 by Optimus_P on Friday 8th of June 2001 01:59:18 PM
Old 06-08-2001
Code:
#! /bin/ksh
#
# This will take a look at all Filesystems NOT left out in the variable FILESYSTEM and
# then find all directoy sizes listed in that filesystem and print them to standard output
# in a formated output. All sizes are in kb.
#
# by: Michael Dooley (dooley.michael@con-way.com)
#
FILESYSTEM=`df -n|grep -v proc|grep -v dev/|awk '{ print $1 }'`

for FS in ${FILESYSTEM};do
        FREE=`df -k|grep $FS|awk '{ print $4 }'`
        USED=`df -k|grep $FS|awk '{ print $3 }'`
        cd $FS
        echo "-=Disk Spaceing Script (all sizes are in kb)=-"
        echo '\t' by: dooley.michael@con-way.com
        echo DISK ${FS}
        echo
        echo TOTAL AVAILABLE $FREE
        echo
        echo USED:
        echo '\t' $FS
        for DIRECTORY in `ls ${FS}`; do
                if [[ -d $DIRECTORY ]]; then
                        du -s $DIRECTORY|awk '{ printf ("%25s\t%-10d\n", $2,$1) }'
                fi
        done
        echo TOTAL USED ${FS}"\t"$USED
        echo
done

Last edited by Optimus_P; 06-12-2001 at 01:39 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

AIX 5.3 P570 - CPU Usage reports 1500000000.003

Does anyone had an issue with AIX reporting huge CPU Usage Times for jobs? I am seeing process using ps that are reporting billions for the CPU Times. This only seems to happen once in awhile. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vigsgb
0 Replies

2. HP-UX

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and logical volume usage

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and I want to know CPU usage above X% and contiue Y times and memory usage above X % and contiue Y times my final destination is monitor process logical volume usage above X % and number of Logical voluage above can I not to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Disk Usage - Space Used

Hi all, FreeBSD7.1 @ sh. In a backup script I am trying to get the blocks used by the backup once completed. I am using the function: #!/bin/sh spaceused() { du -d 0 "${1}" | awk -F"+" '{ print $1 } } to return the blocks used of said directory and contents. Via. command line... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Festus Hagen
7 Replies

4. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Issue with disk space usage

Issue with disk space usage I have the following line in my "df -h" output: Filesystem Size Used Avail Capacity Mounted on /dev/ad4s1a 496M 495M -39M 109% / What is the issue with having 9% excess utilisation? How can I find out what this partition is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Space formatting issue in sed

How to remove any space around a specific charachter from a string using sed. for exmple : the string is like following str1='"name", "roll", "addr","job", "pay",' I need to remove all the spaces aronnd the commas. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mady135
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command to display the space usage (memory usage) of a specific directory.

Hi all, Can you please tell me the command, with which one can know the amount of space a specific directory has used. df -k . ---> Displays, the amount of space allocated, and used for a directory. du -k <dir name> - gives me the memory used of all the files inside <dir> But i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhisheksunkari
2 Replies

7. HP-UX

Space usage in MB or GB

hi, In HP unix, how can check the space usage in Mb bdf will give me the output in Bytes i guess. Also, how can i check the directory size in hp unix. Thx (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bang_dba
4 Replies

8. AIX

FS space usage

Hello. I have a clean-up script that deletes > 5days old files on /archive/idocs directory. This script runs twice a week, Tuesday and Friday. This creates a log file that shows the current space usage before and after the files were deleted from the directory. On Feb 3, the script ran and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: udelalv
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

Phantom space usage in /

Hi everyone, Got an interesting one (well, interesting to me) I have a box with a 5Gb / mount point. Checking for large files I found nothing and in fact when I did a full du I found that there was only 1.6Gb in use! And yet 100% used in / So there's an unaccounted 3.4Gb somewhere! The... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: keefbaker
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with script to display space usage

Hi all, I am looking for help with a script for displaying the space available from a df - h command for / (root). The problem is: If it is below 700 MB I have jobs that are failing... Is there a way I can do a calculation? If it above 700 MB it is good, if it is below 700 MB it will fail.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gartie
5 Replies
bdf(1M) 																   bdf(1M)

NAME
bdf - report number of free disk blocks (Berkeley version) SYNOPSIS
type [filesystem|file] ... ] DESCRIPTION
The command displays the amount of free disk space available either on the specified filesystem for example) or on the file system in which the specified file (such as is contained. If no file system is specified, the free space on all of the normally mounted file systems is printed. The reported numbers are in kilobytes. Options The command recognizes the following options: Display information regarding file system swapping. Report the number of used and free inodes. Display information for local file systems only (for example, HFS and CDFS file systems). Do not sync the file system data on the disk before reporting the usage. Note that the data reported by may not be up to date. Report on the file systems of a given type (for example, or RETURN VALUE
The command returns 0 on success (able to get status on all file systems), or returns 1 on failure (unable to get status on one or more file systems). WARNINGS
If file system names are too long, the output for a given entry is displayed on two lines. The command does not account for any disk space reserved for swap space, or used for the HFS boot block (8 KB, 1 per file system), HFS superblocks (8 KB each, 1 per disk cylinder), HFS cylinder group blocks (1 KB - 8 KB each, 1 per cylinder group), and inodes (currently 128 bytes reserved for each inode). Non-HFS file systems may have other items not accounted for by this command. AUTHOR
was developed by the University of California, Berkeley. FILES
Static information about the file systems. Mounted file system table. File system devices. SEE ALSO
df(1M), fstab(4), mnttab(4). bdf(1M)