Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers formatting space usage/available reports Post 2892 by DesperateDBA on Friday 8th of June 2001 01:57:28 PM
Old 06-08-2001
Weird about the attachment -it says it's there when I try to edit my post. Regardless, thanks for the tip and I will look into Awk.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

AIX 5.3 P570 - CPU Usage reports 1500000000.003

Does anyone had an issue with AIX reporting huge CPU Usage Times for jobs? I am seeing process using ps that are reporting billions for the CPU Times. This only seems to happen once in awhile. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vigsgb
0 Replies

2. HP-UX

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and logical volume usage

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and I want to know CPU usage above X% and contiue Y times and memory usage above X % and contiue Y times my final destination is monitor process logical volume usage above X % and number of Logical voluage above can I not to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Disk Usage - Space Used

Hi all, FreeBSD7.1 @ sh. In a backup script I am trying to get the blocks used by the backup once completed. I am using the function: #!/bin/sh spaceused() { du -d 0 "${1}" | awk -F"+" '{ print $1 } } to return the blocks used of said directory and contents. Via. command line... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Festus Hagen
7 Replies

4. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Issue with disk space usage

Issue with disk space usage I have the following line in my "df -h" output: Filesystem Size Used Avail Capacity Mounted on /dev/ad4s1a 496M 495M -39M 109% / What is the issue with having 9% excess utilisation? How can I find out what this partition is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Space formatting issue in sed

How to remove any space around a specific charachter from a string using sed. for exmple : the string is like following str1='"name", "roll", "addr","job", "pay",' I need to remove all the spaces aronnd the commas. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mady135
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command to display the space usage (memory usage) of a specific directory.

Hi all, Can you please tell me the command, with which one can know the amount of space a specific directory has used. df -k . ---> Displays, the amount of space allocated, and used for a directory. du -k <dir name> - gives me the memory used of all the files inside <dir> But i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhisheksunkari
2 Replies

7. HP-UX

Space usage in MB or GB

hi, In HP unix, how can check the space usage in Mb bdf will give me the output in Bytes i guess. Also, how can i check the directory size in hp unix. Thx (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bang_dba
4 Replies

8. AIX

FS space usage

Hello. I have a clean-up script that deletes > 5days old files on /archive/idocs directory. This script runs twice a week, Tuesday and Friday. This creates a log file that shows the current space usage before and after the files were deleted from the directory. On Feb 3, the script ran and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: udelalv
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

Phantom space usage in /

Hi everyone, Got an interesting one (well, interesting to me) I have a box with a 5Gb / mount point. Checking for large files I found nothing and in fact when I did a full du I found that there was only 1.6Gb in use! And yet 100% used in / So there's an unaccounted 3.4Gb somewhere! The... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: keefbaker
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with script to display space usage

Hi all, I am looking for help with a script for displaying the space available from a df - h command for / (root). The problem is: If it is below 700 MB I have jobs that are failing... Is there a way I can do a calculation? If it above 700 MB it is good, if it is below 700 MB it will fail.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gartie
5 Replies
DF(1)									FSF								     DF(1)

NAME
df - report filesystem disk space usage SYNOPSIS
df [OPTION]... [FILE]... DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents the GNU version of df. df displays the amount of disk space available on the filesystem containing each file name argument. If no file name is given, the space available on all currently mounted filesystems is shown. Disk space is shown in 1K blocks by default, unless the environment variable POSIXLY_CORRECT is set, in which case 512-byte blocks are used. If an argument is the absolute file name of a disk device node containing a mounted filesystem, df shows the space available on that filesystem rather than on the filesystem containing the device node (which is always the root filesystem). This version of df cannot show the space available on unmounted filesystems, because on most kinds of systems doing so requires very nonportable intimate knowledge of filesystem structures. OPTIONS
Show information about the filesystem on which each FILE resides, or all filesystems by default. Mandatory arguments to long options are mandatory for short options too. -a, --all include filesystems having 0 blocks -B, --block-size=SIZE use SIZE-byte blocks -h, --human-readable print sizes in human readable format (e.g., 1K 234M 2G) -H, --si likewise, but use powers of 1000 not 1024 -i, --inodes list inode information instead of block usage -k like --block-size=1K -l, --local limit listing to local filesystems --no-sync do not invoke sync before getting usage info (default) -P, --portability use the POSIX output format --sync invoke sync before getting usage info -t, --type=TYPE limit listing to filesystems of type TYPE -T, --print-type print filesystem type -x, --exclude-type=TYPE limit listing to filesystems not of type TYPE -v (ignored) --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit SIZE may be (or may be an integer optionally followed by) one of following: kB 1000, K 1024, MB 1,000,000, M 1,048,576, and so on for G, T, P, E, Z, Y. AUTHOR
Written by Torbjorn Granlund, David MacKenzie, Larry McVoy, and Paul Eggert. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-coreutils@gnu.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002 Free Software Foundation, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for df is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and df programs are properly installed at your site, the com- mand info df should give you access to the complete manual. df (coreutils) 4.5.3 February 2003 DF(1)