Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: passwd
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users passwd Post 28829 by spavlov on Wednesday 25th of September 2002 07:22:13 AM
Old 09-25-2002
Hopfully this will be helpfull:
http://expect.nist.gov/example/mkpasswd.man.html

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

etc/passwd

Can anyone explain the second and third fields in /etc/passwd. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nguda
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

no /etc/passwd

Hello ppl, A small mistake of mine has led the /etc/passwd file deleted. So i went to rescue mode and used the following command echo "root::0:0:Superuser:/:/bin/bash" > passwd but that did not get effect in anyway way. when I switch back to normal mode the root is still asking for a passwd.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cyno
3 Replies

3. HP-UX

passwd

Dear frnds, I have 250 users in passwd file with different passwords, how i can change the password to username+99. pls help out. regards (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jestinabel
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

wc /etc/passwd

I have left unix for a long time.Almost forget everthing.:( Anybody can tell me what is the meaning? wc /etc/passwd 9 16 1155 /etc/passwd and $ wc -l /etc/passwd wc -l /etc/passwd 9 /etc/passwd (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zhshqzyc
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

/etc/passwd

Hello All I want to print only the full name from the /etc/passwd file and print it to the screen . Could you please let me know how can I do that? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: supercops
4 Replies

6. AIX

etc/passwd

Is there any way to allow users to access the etc/passwd file for commands like whoami but not be able to read the file? If I don't put a user in the security group and change the permissions on the etc/passwd file to 640 (rw-r-----) the users can login but the whoami command doesn't work for... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: daveisme
5 Replies

7. Solaris

passwd cmd reenables passwd aging in shadow entry

Hi Folks, I have Solaris 10, latest release. We have passwd aging set in /etc/defalut/passwd. I have an account that passwd should never expire. Acheived by emptying associated users shadow file entries for passwd aging. When I reset the users passwd using passwd command, it re enables... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

passwd

Hello , how to open utemp,getpwuid files.I know what info these files will carry but i dont know ow to open see the info present in it. Thanks to help. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkalyan
4 Replies

9. AIX

When did AIX start using /etc/security/passwd instead of /etc/passwd to store encrypted passwords?

Does anyone know when AIX started using /etc/security/passwd instead of /etc/passwd to store encrypted passwords? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anne Neville
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

passwd -s

Hi, I've a problem regarding understanding of result of passwd -s command. > passwd -s abc PS 05/24/12 0 441 I'm not a super user. But i need to write a simple code for checking password expiry and send an email to the team id. Is there any other command or way to achieve this?... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam_bd
6 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.18.2 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)