Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: RH 7.3 Kernel Panic.
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers RH 7.3 Kernel Panic. Post 28817 by asifraj on Wednesday 25th of September 2002 01:50:23 AM
Old 09-25-2002
Re: RH 7.3 Kernel Panic.

Quote:
Originally posted by ruizf
I've installed rh 7.3 a fewday ago and I'm trying to boot it and I get this" Kernel panic: no init found. try passing init=options to kernel" ????? What do I do.

Thanks.
F,Ruiz.
while booting thru lilo,
try giving the name of the hard disk partition where you had installed the linux kernel.

something like this

LILO : linux init=/dev/hda6

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

kernel panic

hello :-) I have one problem with my LiLO... I installed PLD Linux on my computer but when it boots, the last thing I can see is: request_module Root fs not mounted VFS: Cannot open root device 03:01 Kernel panic: VFS: unable to mount root fs on 03:01 and the system stops :-( what... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pgas
1 Replies

2. Linux

kernel panic

I have compiled kernel version 2.6.12 in my linux box mandrake 10.1. I have followed www.digitalhermit.com/linux/Kernel-Build-HOWTO.html instructions. I have copied .config file from /usr/src/linux and lightly modified it (only the processor type) by xconfig. I have compiled the source and modules.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Davide71
3 Replies

3. Linux

Kernel panic - not syncing: cannot execute a PAE-enabled kernel on PAE-less CPU

ok so I just installed fedora core 6 on my dell inspiron 700m and I go to boot into linux and I get this error. Has anyone seen this before? I also had XP Pro and Vista installed on this pc prior to putting fedora core 6 on the machine. I'm trying to setup a triple boot system. Please Help... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dave043
2 Replies

4. Linux

kernel panic on RHEL3

hello all, please, help! we suffered out of power today and one of our Linux boxes cannot boot properly: .. hda set_driver_speed_status error 0X04 VFS: Unable to mount root fs on 00:00 ... the only thing that i can do - is boot in the rescue mode. i've already added noinitrd to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MarGur
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

Kernel Panic problem

Hi all, When i load my block device driver in Fedoracore10 kernel 2.6.27. i got this type of error kernel panic - not syncing : Fatal exception in interrupt. I am unable to save the log file.... Can any one help me..... regards sundar (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sundhar
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

simulating kernel panic

How can a kernel panic be simulated? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Kernel 3.0 giving me panic :)

I was very exited to try out new kernel version so i decided to give it a try. http://www.conceivablytech.com/7683/products/linux-torvalds-approves-linux-3-0-rc1 So i downloaded the kernel 3.0-rc1 from The Linux Kernel Archives It was my first kernel compilation everything went smooth... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pinga123
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

what does the kernel panic mean?

Hi, all: How should I obtain the reason of kernel panic? How should I debug the program which result in a kernel panic? What can I get from the panic information? li, kunlun (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: liklstar
3 Replies

9. SCO

Kernel Panic

Hello when i booting my SCO Server I become this Message PLS can anyone help me? Cheers Christoph (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cga
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

Kernel panic-not syncing

dear experts linux i am using RHEL 5.5 run on a physical server. i am front of a big trouble, the Rhel can't run correctly , it show me this error message in black screen: reading all physical volumes. this my take a while .. found volume group "VolGroup00" using metadata type lvm2 9... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wassimpb
1 Replies
installboot(1M)                                                                                                                    installboot(1M)

NAME
installboot - install bootblocks in a disk partition SYNOPSIS
installboot bootblk raw-disk-device The boot(1M) program, ufsboot, is loaded from disk by the bootblock program which resides in the boot area of a disk partition. The ufs boot objects are platform-dependent, and reside in the /usr/platform/platform-name/lib/fs/ufs directory. The platform name can be found using the -i option of uname(1). The installboot utility is a SPARC only program. It is not supported on the architecture. users should use installgrub(1M) instead. bootblk The name of the bootblock code. raw-disk-device The name of the disk device onto which the bootblock code is to be installed; it must be a character device which is read- able and writable. Naming conventions for a SCSI or IPI drive are c?t?d?s? and c?d?s? for an IDE drive. Example 1: Installing UFS Boot Block To install a ufs boot block on slice 0 of target 0 on controller 1 of the platform where the command is being run, use: example# installboot /usr/platform/`uname -i`/lib/fs/ufs/bootblk /dev/rdsk/c1t0d0s0 /usr/platform/platform-name/lib/fs/ufs directory where ufs boot objects reside. /platform/platform-name/ufsboot second level program to boot from a disk or CD See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ od(1), uname(1), boot(1M), init(1M), kadb(1M), kernel(1M), monitor(1M), reboot(1M), rpc.bootparamd(1M), init.d(4), attributes(5) WARNINGS
The installboot utility fails if the bootblk or openfirmware files do not exist or if the raw disk device is not a character device. 11 Apr 2005 installboot(1M)