Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Vi Editor
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Vi Editor Post 28788 by Kelam_Magnus on Tuesday 24th of September 2002 02:47:08 PM
Old 09-24-2002
The only way I know of, even if they get the code from Dreamweaver or Frontpage is to make them enter all code in class or lab only. However, you would have to keep a copy of the file they have on a central server and then distribute and retrieve each class period.

IMHO, This wouldn't present a good environment for learning.

Let me say that what you are suggesting is very difficult to do. I would be happy and supprised if they could think of 10 pages of HTML code!!!

Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Vi editor ?

Hello everybody, My question is: how to add /tmp/work at the end of line in vi editor. my file looks like: cp file1 cp file2 cp file3 **** I need to add " /tmp/work" at the end of each line. I tried this :%s/$/" /tmp/work" and this :%s/$/\ /tmp/work\/ but it does not work. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: billy5
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

instead VI editor - which one?

I'd like to find some editor for HP-UX, something like notepad, but not VI editor. Can someone have some ideas which one? thx (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: diamond
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

vi editor

Hi, how can I add at the begining and at the end of all of the lines of my text file in VI editor ? Many thanks before. for exemple if in my file i have line 1 line 2 I want to have : start line 1 end start line 2 end (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alain123456
3 Replies

4. HP-UX

vi editor

I am new in hp ux and I want work with vi editor, but in hp ux vi editor the backspaes and del keys doesn't work. how can I enable them. thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hkoolivand
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pasting text in VI editor from a different editor

Hi, I knw its a silly question, but am a newbie to 'vi' editor. I'm forced to use this, hence kindly help me with this question. How can i paste a chunk 'copied from' a different editor(gedit) in 'vi editor'? As i see, p & P options does work only within 'vi'. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: harishmitty
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

set EDITOR=vi -> default editor not setting for cron tab

Hi All, I am running a script , working very fine on cmd prompt. The problem is that when I open do crontab -e even after setting editor to vi by set EDITOR=vi it does not open a vi editor , rather it do as below..... ///////////////////////////////////////////////////// $ set... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aarora_98
6 Replies

7. Solaris

Epic Editor was not able to obtain a license for your use. Feature Epic Editor :Licen

Epic Editor was not able to obtain a license for your use. Feature Epic Editor :License server is down (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: durgaprasadr13
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

About vi editor

How can ` character be printed on vi editor ? empl_id=`echo $line | awk ' { print $1; } '` (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: senem
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not able to use @ in VI editor

Hello All, Need one Help for one issue. I am using a French Keyboard, so @ sign is on key 0 and i have to use right Alt + 0 to print it. It is working everywhere but not inside Vi editor. I can type @ in shell, in notepad. But inside Vi editor it is not working, another problem is that if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yadavricky
2 Replies

10. Open Source

What editor does everyone use?

I was looking through the topics and I wasn't sure if this was the best place to post this question: I was wondering, out of curiosity, which software everyone was using to code their scripts in. I do mostly sh/ksh and my favorite has always been EditPlus because it is small, fast, yet powerful.... (409 Replies)
Discussion started by: yongho
409 Replies
catcmds(3U)						    InterViews Reference Manual 					       catcmds(3U)

NAME
NewCompCmd, PrintCmd, QuitCmd, RevertCmd, SaveCompCmd, SaveCompAsCmd, ViewCompCmd - catalog-oriented commands SYNOPSIS
#include <Unidraw/Commands/catcmds.h> DESCRIPTION
The Unidraw library predefines a set of non-interpretive commands that let a user specify components to open, view, and save, plus commands for generating a PostScript external representation and for quitting the application. NewCompCmd re-initializes its editor's component to let the user start editing afresh. If the existing component is modified, NewCompCmd prompts the user to save it. PrintCmd generates a PostScriptView of the editor's component and lets the user send it to a file or to a printer. QuitCmd quits the application, prompting the user to save modified components. RevertCmd lets the user re-open the current component, discarding changes since it was last saved. SaveCompAsCmd lets the user save a component under a particular name, while SaveCompCmd saves a component named previously. Finally, View- CompCmd lets the user specify another component to view in its editor. NEWCOMPCMD PUBLIC OPERATIONS
NewCompCmd(ControlInfo*, Component* prototype = nil) NewCompCmd(Editor* = nil, Component* = nil) Create a new NewCompCmd instance, optionally supplying a prototype component. When executed, NewCompCmd will make its editor edit a copy of the prototype. The editor's original component will be deleted if no other editor refers to it. virtual boolean Reversible() NewCompCmd is not reversible. Component* GetPrototype() Return the prototype component specified in the constructor. PRINTCMD PUBLIC OPERATIONS
PrintCmd(ControlInfo*, PrintDialog* = nil) PrintCmd(Editor* = nil, PrintDialog* = nil) Create a new PrintCmd instance, optionally supplying the PrintDialog to display when executed. virtual boolean Reversible() PrintCmd is not reversible. PRINTCMD PROTECTED OPERATIONS
void print(const char* print_cmd, const char* file) Concatenates print_cmd and file and calls system(3) on the result. QUITCMD PUBLIC OPERATIONS
QuitCmd(ControlInfo*) QuitCmd(Editor* = nil) Create a new QuitCmd instance. virtual boolean Reversible() QuitCmd is not reversible. REVERTCMD PUBLIC OPERATIONS
RevertCmd(ControlInfo*) RevertCmd(Editor* = nil) Create a new RevertCmd instance. virtual boolean Reversible() RevertCmd is not reversible. SAVECOMPCMD PUBLIC OPERATIONS
SaveCompCmd(ControlInfo*) SaveCompCmd(Editor* = nil) Create a new SaveCompCmd instance. virtual boolean Reversible() SaveCompCmd is not reversible. SAVECOMPASCMD PUBLIC OPERATIONS
SaveCompAsCmd(ControlInfo*, FileChooser* = nil) SaveCompAsCmd(Editor* = nil, FileChooser* = nil) Create a new SaveCompAsCmd instance, optionally supplying the FileChooser that will prompt the user to name the component. virtual boolean Reversible() SaveCompAsCmd is not reversible. VIEWCOMPCMD PUBLIC OPERATIONS
ViewCompCmd(ControlInfo*, FileChooser* = nil) ViewCompCmd(Editor* = nil, FileChooser* = nil) Create a new ViewCompCmd instance, optionally supplying the FileChooser that will prompt the user to specify the component to view. After the new component is opened successfully, the editor's original component will be deleted if no other editor refers to it. virtual boolean Reversible() ViewCompCmd is not reversible. SEE ALSO
BasicDialog(3U), Command(3U), Component(3U), Editor(3U), PostScriptView(3U), lpr(1). Unidraw 23 January 1991 catcmds(3U)