Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: New www.unix.com search
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators New www.unix.com search Post 28777 by auswipe on Tuesday 24th of September 2002 10:41:17 AM
Old 09-24-2002
Quote:
Originally posted by Neo

We are investigating a new plugin for a zero letter search. The user simply 'thinks' the query ... enters nothing ... hits return ... and then relevant matches appear.

As soon as we get it working, will post a formal announcement Smilie
Is this part of the `.*` zero or more character search initiative? Smilie

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

www.unix.com

Of late, when i start www.unix.com my system is going to 100% CPU and takes lot of time to get the information. I think this is happening after adding the graphics on the page. Has anyone seen this problem..Sorry to post this here.. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sssow
6 Replies

2. Answers to Frequently Asked Questions

scripts/programs/code posted to www.unix.com

Every now and then our users post complete programs to this site. It is especially important that these contributions don't get lost, so I will collect them here. Some of these programs are intended to demonstrate a programming technique and some are ready to run. As a guideline, the code... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perderabo
0 Replies

3. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Access to https://www.unix.com/source?

Folks, Hope this is not a newbie question, but it might end up being that. I wanted to retrieve the source code for unix_linux_bench as directed on https://www.unix.com/linux-benchmarks/11175-instructions-linux-benchmarks.html When one clicks on the links specified for download, the browser... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wagdalule
1 Replies

4. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Problem connecting to www.unix.com

I've been having a problem connecting to the forum. I know it is just something with my computer but I have no idea what it is. It started last week. Every time I connect I get this: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?> - <rss version="2.0"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vi-Curious
2 Replies

5. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Www.UNIX.com is slow today ???

Hi, Just wanting to know if there is any issues today with the site. Initially I thought it is my internet connection or computer but regardless which one I use, the site has been slow and it is also not showing with the right fonts etc. I've been trying for the last 12+ hours and it's always been... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
21 Replies
KinoSearch1::Search::Hits(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			    KinoSearch1::Search::Hits(3pm)

NAME
KinoSearch1::Search::Hits - access search results SYNOPSIS
my $hits = $searcher->search( query => $query ); $hits->seek( 0, 10 ); while ( my $hashref = $hits->fetch_hit_hashref ) { print "<p>$hashref->{title} <em>$hashref->{score}</em></p> "; } DESCRIPTION
Hits objects are used to access the results of a search. By default, a hits object provides access to the top 100 matches; the seek() method provides finer-grained control. A classic application would be paging through hits. The first time, seek to a START of 0, and retrieve 10 documents. If the user wants to see more -- and there are more than 10 total hits -- seek to a START of 10, and retrieve 10 more documents. And so on. METHODS
seek $hits->seek( START, NUM_TO_RETRIEVE ); Position the Hits iterator at START, and capture NUM_TO_RETRIEVE docs. total_hits my $num_that_matched = $hits->total_hits; Return the total number of documents which matched the query used to produce the Hits object. (This number is unlikely to match NUM_TO_RETRIEVE.) fetch_hit while ( my $hit = $hits->fetch_hit ) { # ... } Return the next hit as a KinoSearch1::Search::Hit object. fetch_hit_hashref while ( my $hashref = $hits->fetch_hit_hashref ) { # ... } Return the next hit as a hashref, with the field names as keys and the field values as values. An entry for "score" will also be present, as will an entry for "excerpt" if create_excerpts() was called earlier. However, if the document contains stored fields named "score" or "excerpt", they will not be clobbered. create_excerpts my $highlighter = KinoSearch1::Highlight::Highlighter->new( excerpt_field => 'bodytext', ); $hits->create_excerpts( highlighter => $highlighter ); Use the supplied highlighter to generate excerpts. See KinoSearch1::Highlight::Highlighter. COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2005-2010 Marvin Humphrey LICENSE, DISCLAIMER, BUGS, etc. See KinoSearch1 version 1.00. perl v5.14.2 2011-11-15 KinoSearch1::Search::Hits(3pm)