Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory Restoring back files from "lost+found" directory Post 28764 by dhasarath on Tuesday 24th of September 2002 07:35:09 AM
Old 09-24-2002
Lightbulb Restoring back files from "lost+found" directory

Hi Friends,

How can I Restore the Files present under "lost+found" Directory of a FileSystem (in Solaris & Tru64 OS) to their original Locations.

[I know that files that go deferenced from the Filesystem in the aspect of INODES/BLOCK/etc get updated in the lost+found Directory of that FileSystem, when booting the system or manually doing FSCK on that FileSystem]

Now-a-days I am loosing lots of files in 2 of my Machines,
One running Solaris8 and other Tru64(Digital) Unix.

Thanx in Advance.....

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

All alias in .profile lost when "script" command is called

Hi, I was trying to call "script <an ip add>" command from .profile file to log everything whenever anyone logs in to this user. I did the following at the end of .profile. 1) Extracted the IP address who logged in 2) Called script < ip add> . The problem I am facing is all, aliases etc. written... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amicon007
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy files gives "cp: omitting directory" error

I tried to copy data from one location to multiple location my typing... cp <source> <dest> <dest> however this will omits one of the destination ... and proceed to copy to only one directory (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dplate07
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Why is wget copying my directory tree with some files with "@"?

I'm using wget 1.11.4 on Cygwin 1.5.25. I'm trying to recursively download a directory tree, which is the root of a javadoc tree. This is approximately the command line I tried: wget -x -p -r http://<host>/.../apidoc When it finished, it seemed like it downloaded... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dkarr
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete files older than "x" if directory size is greater than "y"

I wrote a script to delete files which are older than "x" days, if the size of the directory is greater than "y" #!/bin/bash du -hs $1 while read SIZE ENTRY do if ; then find $1 -mtime +$2 -exec rm -f {} \; echo "Files older than $2 days deleted" else echo "free Space available"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesCarter
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

"Join" or "Merge" more than 2 files into single output based on common key (column)

Hi All, I have working (Perl) code to combine 2 input files into a single output file using the join function that works to a point, but has the following limitations: 1. I am restrained to 2 input files only. 2. Only the "matched" fields are written out to the "matched" output file and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Katabatic
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete all log files older than 10 day and whose first string of the first line is "MSH" or "<?xml"

Dear Ladies & Gents, I have a requirement to delete all the log files in /var/log/test directory that are older than 10 days and their first line begin with "MSH" or "<?xml" or "FHS". I've put together the following BASH script, but it's erroring out: for filename in $(find /var/log/test... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hiroshi
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

9. AIX

Apache 2.4 directory cannot display "Last modified" "Size" "Description"

Hi 2 all, i have had AIX 7.2 :/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -v Server version: Apache/2.4.12 (Unix) Server built: May 25 2015 04:58:27 :/#:/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -M Loaded Modules: core_module (static) so_module (static) http_module (static) mpm_worker_module (static) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
3 Replies
Template::Plugin::Directory(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			  Template::Plugin::Directory(3pm)

NAME
Template::Plugin::Directory - Plugin for generating directory listings SYNOPSIS
[% USE dir = Directory(dirpath) %] # files returns list of regular files [% FOREACH file = dir.files %] [% file.name %] [% file.path %] ... [% END %] # dirs returns list of sub-directories [% FOREACH subdir = dir.dirs %] [% subdir.name %] [% subdir.path %] ... [% END %] # list returns both interleaved in order [% FOREACH item = dir.list %] [% IF item.isdir %] Directory: [% item.name %] [% ELSE %] File: [% item.name %] [% END %] [% END %] # define a VIEW to display dirs/files [% VIEW myview %] [% BLOCK file %] File: [% item.name %] [% END %] [% BLOCK directory %] Directory: [% item.name %] [% item.content(myview) | indent -%] [% END %] [% END %] # display directory content using view [% myview.print(dir) %] DESCRIPTION
This Template Toolkit plugin provides a simple interface to directory listings. It is derived from the Template::Plugin::File module and uses Template::Plugin::File object instances to represent files within a directory. Sub-directories within a directory are represented by further "Template::Plugin::Directory" instances. The constructor expects a directory name as an argument. [% USE dir = Directory('/tmp') %] It then provides access to the files and sub-directories contained within the directory. # regular files (not directories) [% FOREACH file IN dir.files %] [% file.name %] [% END %] # directories only [% FOREACH file IN dir.dirs %] [% file.name %] [% END %] # files and/or directories [% FOREACH file IN dir.list %] [% file.name %] ([% file.isdir ? 'directory' : 'file' %]) [% END %] The plugin constructor will throw a "Directory" error if the specified path does not exist, is not a directory or fails to "stat()" (see Template::Plugin::File). Otherwise, it will scan the directory and create lists named '"files"' containing files, '"dirs"' containing directories and '"list"' containing both files and directories combined. The "nostat" option can be set to disable all file/directory checks and directory scanning. Each file in the directory will be represented by a Template::Plugin::File object instance, and each directory by another "Template::Plugin::Directory". If the "recurse" flag is set, then those directories will contain further nested entries, and so on. With the "recurse" flag unset, as it is by default, then each is just a place marker for the directory and does not contain any further content unless its "scan()" method is explicitly called. The "isdir" flag can be tested against files and/or directories, returning true if the item is a directory or false if it is a regular file. [% FOREACH file = dir.list %] [% IF file.isdir %] * Directory: [% file.name %] [% ELSE %] * File: [% file.name %] [% END %] [% END %] This example shows how you might walk down a directory tree, displaying content as you go. With the recurse flag disabled, as is the default, we need to explicitly call the "scan()" method on each directory, to force it to lookup files and further sub-directories contained within. [% USE dir = Directory(dirpath) %] * [% dir.path %] [% INCLUDE showdir %] [% BLOCK showdir -%] [% FOREACH file = dir.list -%] [% IF file.isdir -%] * [% file.name %] [% file.scan -%] [% INCLUDE showdir dir=file FILTER indent(4) -%] [% ELSE -%] - [% f.name %] [% END -%] [% END -%] [% END %] This example is adapted (with some re-formatting for clarity) from a test in t/directry.t which produces the following output: * test/dir - file1 - file2 * sub_one - bar - foo * sub_two - waz.html - wiz.html - xyzfile The "recurse" flag can be set (disabled by default) to cause the constructor to automatically recurse down into all sub-directories, creating a new "Template::Plugin::Directory" object for each one and filling it with any further content. In this case there is no need to explicitly call the "scan()" method. [% USE dir = Directory(dirpath, recurse=1) %] ... [% IF file.isdir -%] * [% file.name %] [% INCLUDE showdir dir=file FILTER indent(4) -%] [% ELSE -%] ... The directory plugin also provides support for views. A view can be defined as a "VIEW ... END" block and should contain "BLOCK" definitions for files ('"file"') and directories ('"directory"'). [% VIEW myview %] [% BLOCK file %] - [% item.name %] [% END %] [% BLOCK directory %] * [% item.name %] [% item.content(myview) FILTER indent %] [% END %] [% END %] The view "print()" method can then be called, passing the "Directory" object as an argument. [% USE dir = Directory(dirpath, recurse=1) %] [% myview.print(dir) %] When a directory is presented to a view, either as "[% myview.print(dir) %]" or "[% dir.present(view) %]", then the "directory" "BLOCK" within the "myview" "VIEW" is processed. The "item" variable will be set to alias the "Directory" object. [% BLOCK directory %] * [% item.name %] [% item.content(myview) FILTER indent %] [% END %] In this example, the directory name is first printed and the content(view) method is then called to present each item within the directory to the view. Further directories will be mapped to the "directory" block, and files will be mapped to the "file" block. With the recurse option disabled, as it is by default, the "directory" block should explicitly call a "scan()" on each directory. [% VIEW myview %] [% BLOCK file %] - [% item.name %] [% END %] [% BLOCK directory %] * [% item.name %] [% item.scan %] [% item.content(myview) FILTER indent %] [% END %] [% END %] [% USE dir = Directory(dirpath) %] [% myview.print(dir) %] AUTHORS
Michael Stevens wrote the original Directory plugin on which this is based. Andy Wardley split it into separate File and Directory plugins, added some extra code and documentation for "VIEW" support, and made a few other minor tweaks. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2000-2007 Michael Stevens, Andy Wardley. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
Template::Plugin, Template::Plugin::File, Template::View perl v5.14.2 2011-12-20 Template::Plugin::Directory(3pm)