Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory Restoring back files from "lost+found" directory Post 28764 by dhasarath on Tuesday 24th of September 2002 07:35:09 AM
Old 09-24-2002
Lightbulb Restoring back files from "lost+found" directory

Hi Friends,

How can I Restore the Files present under "lost+found" Directory of a FileSystem (in Solaris & Tru64 OS) to their original Locations.

[I know that files that go deferenced from the Filesystem in the aspect of INODES/BLOCK/etc get updated in the lost+found Directory of that FileSystem, when booting the system or manually doing FSCK on that FileSystem]

Now-a-days I am loosing lots of files in 2 of my Machines,
One running Solaris8 and other Tru64(Digital) Unix.

Thanx in Advance.....

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

All alias in .profile lost when "script" command is called

Hi, I was trying to call "script <an ip add>" command from .profile file to log everything whenever anyone logs in to this user. I did the following at the end of .profile. 1) Extracted the IP address who logged in 2) Called script < ip add> . The problem I am facing is all, aliases etc. written... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amicon007
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy files gives "cp: omitting directory" error

I tried to copy data from one location to multiple location my typing... cp <source> <dest> <dest> however this will omits one of the destination ... and proceed to copy to only one directory (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dplate07
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Why is wget copying my directory tree with some files with "@"?

I'm using wget 1.11.4 on Cygwin 1.5.25. I'm trying to recursively download a directory tree, which is the root of a javadoc tree. This is approximately the command line I tried: wget -x -p -r http://<host>/.../apidoc When it finished, it seemed like it downloaded... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dkarr
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete files older than "x" if directory size is greater than "y"

I wrote a script to delete files which are older than "x" days, if the size of the directory is greater than "y" #!/bin/bash du -hs $1 while read SIZE ENTRY do if ; then find $1 -mtime +$2 -exec rm -f {} \; echo "Files older than $2 days deleted" else echo "free Space available"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesCarter
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

"Join" or "Merge" more than 2 files into single output based on common key (column)

Hi All, I have working (Perl) code to combine 2 input files into a single output file using the join function that works to a point, but has the following limitations: 1. I am restrained to 2 input files only. 2. Only the "matched" fields are written out to the "matched" output file and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Katabatic
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete all log files older than 10 day and whose first string of the first line is "MSH" or "<?xml"

Dear Ladies & Gents, I have a requirement to delete all the log files in /var/log/test directory that are older than 10 days and their first line begin with "MSH" or "<?xml" or "FHS". I've put together the following BASH script, but it's erroring out: for filename in $(find /var/log/test... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hiroshi
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

9. AIX

Apache 2.4 directory cannot display "Last modified" "Size" "Description"

Hi 2 all, i have had AIX 7.2 :/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -v Server version: Apache/2.4.12 (Unix) Server built: May 25 2015 04:58:27 :/#:/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -M Loaded Modules: core_module (static) so_module (static) http_module (static) mpm_worker_module (static) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
3 Replies
BINHEX(1)						      General Commands Manual							 BINHEX(1)

NAME
binhex - Hexifies a series of files SYNOPSIS
binhex [ - options ] [ files ] DESCRIPTION
binhex takes the files specified in files and hexifies them in BinHex 4.0 format on standard output subject to the options specified. If files also specifies directories they are followed recursively, and all files found will be hexified. If no files parameter is specified, binhex reads a MacBinary stream from standard input and hexifies the files found; folder information is lost. OPTIONS
In the absence of any options, binhex takes the specified files and silently hexifies them to BinHex 4.0 format, writing the result to standard output. Directories named in files are followed recursively, all files found will be hexified. Files are assumed to be in MacBi- nary format. However, if the filename ends with .info the file is assumed to be the info fork of a MacIntosh file split amongst more than one file. In that case the files with .data and .rsrc extensions are also read (if present). Also, if the info fork is mentioned in the parameter list, the names of data and resource forks can also be mentioned, but those will be ignored (this is to allow wild-card expansion by the shell.) Further, if some form of AppleShare is supported by the installed program, and if the current directory, or one of the directories found during recursive processing, is a directory in the format of the supported version of AppleShare, those files will be handled according to the properties of AppleShare. -r No intelligent file-processing is performed; all files named are assumed to be plain resource files, and are hexified as if they were MacIntosh resource files with creator "RSED" and type "RSRC", unless another creator and/or type are specified. -d No intelligent file-processing is performed; all files named are assumed to be plain data files, and are hexified as if they were MacIntosh data files with creator "MACA" and type "TEXT", unless another creator and/or type are specified. -u As -d, but the codes for CR and LF are interchanged. -U Is a synonym for -u. -c creator Defines the creator name to be used if one of the previous options is specified. -t type Defines the type name to be used if one of the previous options is specified. -R Do not use run-length encoding during the conversion. This option may speed up the encoding a bit, but it is merely a historical artifact. -l List every file and directory processed. -i Do not output files, give information only (implies -l.) -q Ask the user for every file/directory whether it should be visited (implies -l.) -V Gives the patchlevel of the program, and other information. Other options are ignored and the program quits immediately. -H Give short information about the options. Other options are ignored and the program quits immediately. BUGS
As this is a beta release, there may still be some problems. SEE ALSO
macutil(1) AUTHOR
Dik T. Winter, CWI, Amsterdam, The Netherlands (dik@cwi.nl) 3rd Berkeley Distribution October 22, 1992 BINHEX(1)