Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory Restoring back files from "lost+found" directory Post 28764 by dhasarath on Tuesday 24th of September 2002 07:35:09 AM
Old 09-24-2002
Lightbulb Restoring back files from "lost+found" directory

Hi Friends,

How can I Restore the Files present under "lost+found" Directory of a FileSystem (in Solaris & Tru64 OS) to their original Locations.

[I know that files that go deferenced from the Filesystem in the aspect of INODES/BLOCK/etc get updated in the lost+found Directory of that FileSystem, when booting the system or manually doing FSCK on that FileSystem]

Now-a-days I am loosing lots of files in 2 of my Machines,
One running Solaris8 and other Tru64(Digital) Unix.

Thanx in Advance.....

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

All alias in .profile lost when "script" command is called

Hi, I was trying to call "script <an ip add>" command from .profile file to log everything whenever anyone logs in to this user. I did the following at the end of .profile. 1) Extracted the IP address who logged in 2) Called script < ip add> . The problem I am facing is all, aliases etc. written... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amicon007
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy files gives "cp: omitting directory" error

I tried to copy data from one location to multiple location my typing... cp <source> <dest> <dest> however this will omits one of the destination ... and proceed to copy to only one directory (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dplate07
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Why is wget copying my directory tree with some files with "@"?

I'm using wget 1.11.4 on Cygwin 1.5.25. I'm trying to recursively download a directory tree, which is the root of a javadoc tree. This is approximately the command line I tried: wget -x -p -r http://<host>/.../apidoc When it finished, it seemed like it downloaded... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dkarr
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete files older than "x" if directory size is greater than "y"

I wrote a script to delete files which are older than "x" days, if the size of the directory is greater than "y" #!/bin/bash du -hs $1 while read SIZE ENTRY do if ; then find $1 -mtime +$2 -exec rm -f {} \; echo "Files older than $2 days deleted" else echo "free Space available"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesCarter
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

"Join" or "Merge" more than 2 files into single output based on common key (column)

Hi All, I have working (Perl) code to combine 2 input files into a single output file using the join function that works to a point, but has the following limitations: 1. I am restrained to 2 input files only. 2. Only the "matched" fields are written out to the "matched" output file and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Katabatic
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete all log files older than 10 day and whose first string of the first line is "MSH" or "<?xml"

Dear Ladies & Gents, I have a requirement to delete all the log files in /var/log/test directory that are older than 10 days and their first line begin with "MSH" or "<?xml" or "FHS". I've put together the following BASH script, but it's erroring out: for filename in $(find /var/log/test... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hiroshi
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

9. AIX

Apache 2.4 directory cannot display "Last modified" "Size" "Description"

Hi 2 all, i have had AIX 7.2 :/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -v Server version: Apache/2.4.12 (Unix) Server built: May 25 2015 04:58:27 :/#:/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -M Loaded Modules: core_module (static) so_module (static) http_module (static) mpm_worker_module (static) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
3 Replies
GIT-LOST-FOUND(1)						    Git Manual							 GIT-LOST-FOUND(1)

NAME
git-lost-found - Recover lost refs that luckily have not yet been pruned SYNOPSIS
git lost-found DESCRIPTION
NOTE: this command is deprecated. Use git-fsck(1) with the option --lost-found instead. Finds dangling commits and tags from the object database, and creates refs to them in the .git/lost-found/ directory. Commits and tags that dereference to commits are stored in .git/lost-found/commit, and other objects are stored in .git/lost-found/other. OUTPUT
Prints to standard output the object names and one-line descriptions of any commits or tags found. EXAMPLE
Suppose you run git tag -f and mistype the tag to overwrite. The ref to your tag is overwritten, but until you run git prune, the tag itself is still there. $ git lost-found [1ef2b196d909eed523d4f3c9bf54b78cdd6843c6] GIT 0.99.9c ... Also you can use gitk to browse how any tags found relate to each other. $ gitk $(cd .git/lost-found/commit && echo ??*) After making sure you know which the object is the tag you are looking for, you can reconnect it to your regular refs hierarchy by using the update-ref command. $ git cat-file -t 1ef2b196 tag $ git cat-file tag 1ef2b196 object fa41bbce8e38c67a218415de6cfa510c7e50032a type commit tag v0.99.9c tagger Junio C Hamano <junkio@cox.net> 1131059594 -0800 GIT 0.99.9c This contains the following changes from the "master" branch, since ... $ git update-ref refs/tags/not-lost-anymore 1ef2b196 $ git rev-parse not-lost-anymore 1ef2b196d909eed523d4f3c9bf54b78cdd6843c6 GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 1.8.3.1 06/10/2014 GIT-LOST-FOUND(1)