Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: form script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting form script Post 28735 by biker on Monday 23rd of September 2002 06:08:41 PM
Old 09-23-2002
perleo,

The FormMail script may be a good option for you. It will validate the syntax of the email address and allow you to redirect the user when the form has been filled out correctly. It will also let you specify required fields, and let the user know when the form has not been filled out correctly.

See...

http://www.scriptarchive.com/formmail.html

Make sure to name your email address field "email" so that the script will validate it for you.

Hope this helps!

Biker
Systems/Network Administrator
LiveFire Labs - Hands-On Technical e-Learning
www.LiveFireLabs.com

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Changing Unix form to Microsoft Word form to be able to email it to someone.

Please someone I need information on how to change a Unix form/document into a microsoft word document in order to be emailed to another company. Please help ASAP. Thankyou :confused: (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cheraunm
8 Replies

2. Web Development

in cgi perl script a form

hi,i hav a form in cgi perl script.this script accepts a value from user from another html form, and depending upon this value,i need to disable /enable radio buttons in cgi-perl script wen second page is displayed on executing cgi perl script.how do i do it using javascript? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: raksha.s
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filling out Web Form from Script

I am trying to fill out a web form from within a script I am writing. I think that I should be using curl to do this, but I'm not really sure. The form has username and password fields and a submit button. I want to be able to log in from the command line. Html from the site: <h5... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vockleya
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tabular form in shell script

hi, I need to mention the data in tabular form in shell script. :confused: Input as below: Health check (heading1) CPU/Memory Utilization of pc on server (h2) 1214 of rpc3 is exceeds 0.3 % (data) CPU Utilization is normal for rpc/33 on 2673 CPU Utilization is normal for rpc/33 on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreelu
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transpose Data form Different form

HI Guys, I have data in File A.txt RL03 RL03_A_1 RL03_B_1 RL03_C_1 RL03 -119.8 -119.5 -119.5 RL07 RL07_A_1 RL07_B_1 RL07_C_1 RL07 -119.3 -119.5 -119.5 RL15 RL15_A_1 RL15_C_1 RL15 -120.5 -119.4 RL16... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asavaliya
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Form a pipeline script with series of steps

Hello all, This maybe a dumb question, I have a series of awk command liners, perl and C executables that I usually run in a particular order to get an output. I need 2 files as input and then , a series of outputs are produced which pipe into the next step etc. I am usually able to paste... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: senhia83
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exec submit form in bash script

Hi All, I'm new in forum. Many congratulations to everyone for all work. I'm not an expert in bash script I've a problem with a sh file. The sh file run every t minuts and it read data from txt file and then compile form. Finally, the user, from the web browser click on send. The script... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Herbert
0 Replies
LR_ENVIRONMENT.IN(1)					  LogReport's Lire Documentation				      LR_ENVIRONMENT.IN(1)

NAME
lr_environment - Export Lire configuration in shell script form SYNOPSIS
eval `lr_environment` DESCRIPTION
The lr_environment command is used to import the Lire configuration in Lire shell scripts. All of Lire configuration variables will be written in a format that can be evaled by the shell. Shell scripts don't usually have to use that command, since it is done by the defaults file sourced by each command. The old names used by when the configuration was done in shell script are also exported by this script for backward compatibility. AUTHOR
Francis J. Lacoste <flacoste@logreport.org> VERSION
$Id: lr_environment.in,v 1.12 2006/07/23 13:16:33 vanbaal Exp $ COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003 Stichting LogReport Foundation LogReport@LogReport.org This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program (see COPYING); if not, check with http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html. Lire 2.1.1 2006-07-23 LR_ENVIRONMENT.IN(1)