Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Learning Unix & Linux
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Learning Unix & Linux Post 28700 by biker on Monday 23rd of September 2002 11:30:17 AM
Old 09-23-2002
Here is a very solid link I left off the first time:

http://pluto.phys.nwu.edu/~zhaoyj/le...system/toc.htm

You may want to check this one out first...

Biker
Systems/Network Administrator
LiveFire Labs - Hands-On Technical e-Learning
www.LiveFireLabs.com

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Are Unix & Linux the Same ?

Well i have downloaded some Linux stuff and isos but before i install i really like to know what is the diffirence and i like to install apache webserver , can it be done on Linux ? I am a real Dummy but after some practice i will be a PRO :-) Thanks for all the replies .. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zodiac
1 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

what is the difference between Unix & linux, what are the advantages & disadvantages

ehe may i know what are the difference between Unix & Linux, and what are the advantages of having Unix as well as disadvantages of having Unix or if u dun mind i am dumb do pls tell me what are the advantages as well as the disadvantages of having linux as well. thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cybertechmkteo
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux & Unix Compatibility

I am looking for a dual XEON or any dual CPU motherboard that can support Linux and Solaris at the same time. Does anyone have any idea? I am now looking at the TYAN S2507T / TYAN S2505T / TYAN S2720, you guys have any clue?:confused: (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: doyho
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

What is the difference between Unix & linux

:confused: Hi All Can anyone help me in finding the answer of the question mentioned below. What is the difference between Unix & linux ? Thanks in Advance to all CSaha (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: csaha
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Learning Unix/Linux from the Start?

I was wondering if someone could tell me where I could learn everything about Unix/Linux and I was also wondering what the differance between Unix and Linux was :confused: Ive never used it, never seen it.. But Im interested in learning :D (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vallzi
3 Replies

6. Linux

which linux is best for learning unix?

I have just installed Ubuntu because I need a linux system asap and Ubuntu seems to be easiest for that. But I plan on installing some other Linux distro's for a while (maybe on virtualBox too) so i can understand the inner workings of linux and especially more about unix. I know that alot of the... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: fuzzylogic25
11 Replies

7. AIX

LEARNING AIX - PLS GUID MY BRO 'S & SISTERS !

Hi, I am harsath , am new to UNIX- Aix ust started to learning , interested in working with servers , is it necessary to know shell scripting before learning aix, will i get job only if i know aix .... pls reply..... Thanks in advance.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: harsath24330
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing Unix & Linux

Hi, I am a newbie to Unix/Linux and I have always been fascinated by them. I just need information on how I can install a Unix/Linux operating system on an Acer Laptop that previously had a Windows XP OS installed. Any hints or suggestions would be appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pitsmero
1 Replies

9. Programming

7 days into learning PYTHON & looking for some feedback

Hey folks. Title says it all, but... It's been an interesting few days. Never done anything object-oriented before. Previously only had BASH experience. I'm LOVING python. I see so much potential (of course). Can't wait to really get a feel for what's available in the Standard Library. I have no... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryran
6 Replies

10. UNIX and Linux Applications

Xalan & Xerces issues for Oracle Linux 6.6 & Solarisstudio12.3 C++ compiler for Linux

Hi Team, I am facing issue while using Xalan & Xerces for my application. Below are my environment details i am using :- Platform:- Oracle Linux 6.6 Compiler :- solarisstudio12.3 C++ compiler for Linux Below are the versions of Xalan & Xerces source code used to build the shared object... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: agrachirag
0 Replies
URI::URL(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					     URI::URL(3pm)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.14.2 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3pm)