Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users does anybody know what the bcb feature is in EMC? Post 28612 by alex blanco on Friday 20th of September 2002 05:05:11 PM
Old 09-20-2002
Datasheets

Why dont you dive into the EMC or Symetrics page and found any Datasheets?Smilie

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

is anybody using EMC symmetrix?

Hello, I'm looking for reference sites using HP-UX and EMC symmetrix disk. Then, May I ask you questions? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cooldugong
6 Replies

2. Solaris

Emc

Dear gentelmen kindly please update me me how can i know disks on EMC and get size for all disks on EMC? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: magasem
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

Emc

Dear gentelmen kindly please update me how can i know disks on EMC and get size for all disks on EMC? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: magasem
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX MPIO and EMC

We are looking at running MPIO for it's redundancy and load balancing benefits. Does anyone know what pieces of software or modules are needed on the VIO server to get load balancing to work. Remember we are using EMC's DMX3500 storage system. We no longer want to use Powerpath. :rolleyes: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vxg0wa3
2 Replies

5. Solaris

EMC Failover

Hi guys, I'm running vxdmp and powerpath at the same time. Vxdmp for internal disks and powerpath for external. The problem is that, on the failover tests which a fiber cable should be removed, the system cannot recognize the disks. Any hints on how to configure powerpath in order to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: glenioborges
4 Replies

6. Red Hat

Configure EMC Powerpath?

Hi , I have a redhat 5.3 server which has 2 vg.. one is rootvg in local harddisk and another one is applicationvg in SAN.. When I reboot the server , EMC powerpath driver is not starting up automatically. Hence applicationvg is not mounting properly. Therefore I need to unmount it manually and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Makri
4 Replies

7. AIX

Help with EMC BCV device

I'm trying to auto-mount EMC Symmetrix BCV device at boot. but having problem making BCV available. I put script called mkbcv to the inittab and engineer suggested to add 120 sec sleep between cfgmgr so I did that also. My mkbcv script seems to be working fine, it says "hdisk4 Available" ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shuhei365
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Connectivity to EMC x4 storage

Hi All! I have a two x6270 solaris 10, blade, connected to a EMC x4 storage appliance via fibre. I have little knowledge of veritasfile system, and EMC x4, storage device, but I found out that one DG is in shared mode. I need to split the configuration, to use only one server (blade). The EMC... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fretagi
1 Replies
SG_EMC_TRESPASS(8)						     SG3_UTILS							SG_EMC_TRESPASS(8)

NAME
sg_emc_trespass - Changes ownership of a LUN from another Service-Processor to this one. SYNOPSIS
sg_emc_trespass [-d] [-hr] [-s] [-V] DEVICE DESCRIPTION
sg_emc_trespass sends an EMC-specific Trespass Command to the DEVICE with the selected options. This Mode Select changes the ownership of the LUN of the device from another Service-Processor to the one the command was received on. OPTIONS
Arguments to long options are mandatory for short options as well. -d outputs some extra debug information associated with executing this command -hr Sets the 'Honor Reservation' bit in the command. If set, the trespass will only succeed to change the ownership from the Peer SP if the Peer SP does not have an outstanding SCSI reservation for the LUN. By default, the reservation state will be ignored. -s Send the short version of the trespass command instead of the long version. The short version is supported on the EMC FC5300, FC4500 and FC4700. The long version (default) is supported on the CLARiiON CX and AX family arrays. -V print out version string then exit. In the 2.4 series of Linux kernels the DEVICE must be a SCSI generic (sg) device. In the 2.6 series block devices (e.g. SCSI disks and DVD drives) can also be specified. For example "sg_start 0 /dev/sda" will work in the 2.6 series kernels. EXIT STATUS
The exit status of sg_emc_trespass is 0 when it is successful. Otherwise see the sg3_utils(8) man page. AUTHOR
Written by Lars Marowsky-Bree, based on sg_start. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <dgilbert at interlog dot com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2004 Lars Marowsky-Bree, Douglas Gilbert. This software is distributed under the GPL version 2. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PUR- POSE. sg3_utils-1.23 January 2007 SG_EMC_TRESPASS(8)