Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: mount disk on other machine
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users mount disk on other machine Post 28586 by sajjan2 on Friday 20th of September 2002 10:44:43 AM
Old 09-20-2002
Thank you!

I am running sun solaris, i tried to run "mount -F nfs hostname:/home /export/folder" then i got an problem with
RPC program not registred, i will try your way.

Last edited by oombera; 02-20-2004 at 03:46 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mount Second Disk

Anyone, I am trying to mount a second hard drive on a sunfire V120 w/solaris 5.8. I took this hard drive from another system because I deleted some files off that system and I want to mount it to another system so I can copy the file back onto the system. I really have no other means of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dummy101
2 Replies

2. AIX

How to mount internal tape drive of sun machine in AIX 5.3

Hi, Help required! How to mount internal tape drive of sun machine in AIX 5.3 (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashwin.krishna
0 Replies

3. Ubuntu

how to mount /home on NIS client machine

Hi All, can anyone tell me how to mount NIS user /home/<username> directory on the client machine in Ubuntu. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: daya.pandit
3 Replies

4. Solaris

How to mount a Files System where RHEL is installed on a Sun server Machine..

Hi Everyone, I have a machine where RHEL(Red Hat Enterprise Linux) is installed and few of our products are saved on the same. Our products work only on sparc 6 + and i want to basically asve the products on the machine which has RHEL installed on it and mount the drive on the sun server and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankasu
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

if (disk is mounted) unmount if (disk is unmounted) mount

Hey there, sorry if this is a bit too much of a noob question, trying to get to grips with a simple bash script - but i have done ZERO bash scripting. basically having worked out how to mount and unmount disks using: disktool -m *device* & disktool -e *device* - and looking at the result of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hollister
2 Replies

6. Ubuntu

Unable to mount disk

I am running Ubuntu Server, I recently added a new hard drive to the machine When I run fdisk -l I see both drives. The recently added drive is present but it's listed as extended. when I try to mount the drive it says you must specify the file system type. I can't mount this drive, I was... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NelsonC
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Please help me.how to mount another disk

So. My system have 2 solaris10 machine but system disk of machine 1 data crash.I bring the system disk of machine 1 install on machine2 for get data from disk machine1 but I can't mount disk. because msg is bash-3.00# mount /dev/dsk/c1t3d0s0 /mnt mount: /dev/dsk/c1t3d0s0 is not this fstype... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: infjustice
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Mount /app on a new DISK

Hi folks, because of disk space problem my root is almost full..The root is mounted on rpool and i want to move /app on a new disk, is that possible without compromising any link?How can i do that? I use solaris 10 Thank you in advance, Matt ---------- Post updated at 04:36 PM... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mattpunk
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mount fails (because remote machine is off) bash script stops

Hi, I'm trying to automate a couple of mounts. (I would do this in fstab, but the auto feature causes the virtual machine I'm running in to freeze when it boots up) If the machine I'm trying to connect to is OFF, I get the host unreachable error and then the bash script stops. The problem is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jdilts
3 Replies

10. OS X (Apple)

Mount my volume on remote machine

I have the need to Mount one of my volumes (All machines are mac) onto all of the machines in the lab from time to time. At the moment I'm using SSH to tunnel into each machine and then send a command to the remote machine to mount my volume using AFP. This seems convoluted to me. Is there a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheDrizzle
3 Replies
SYSTEMD-MACHINE-ID-COMMIT.SERVICE(8)			 systemd-machine-id-commit.service		      SYSTEMD-MACHINE-ID-COMMIT.SERVICE(8)

NAME
systemd-machine-id-commit.service - Commit a transient machine ID to disk SYNOPSIS
systemd-machine-id-commit.service DESCRIPTION
systemd-machine-id-commit.service is an early boot service responsible for committing transient /etc/machine-id files to a writable disk file system. See machine-id(5) for more information about machine IDs. This service is started after local-fs.target in case /etc/machine-id is a mount point of its own (usually from a memory file system such as "tmpfs") and /etc is writable. The service will invoke systemd-machine-id-setup --commit, which writes the current transient machine ID to disk and unmount the /etc/machine-id file in a race-free manner to ensure that file is always valid and accessible for other processes. See systemd-machine-id-setup(1) for details. The main use case of this service are systems where /etc/machine-id is read-only and initially not initialized. In this case, the system manager will generate a transient machine ID file on a memory file system, and mount it over /etc/machine-id, during the early boot phase. This service is then invoked in a later boot phase, as soon as /etc has been remounted writable and the ID may thus be committed to disk to make it permanent. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemd-machine-id-setup(1), machine-id(5), systemd-firstboot(1) systemd 237 SYSTEMD-MACHINE-ID-COMMIT.SERVICE(8)