Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users send mail to a UNIX machine to my Lotus Notes Post 28500 by auswipe on Thursday 19th of September 2002 10:49:40 AM
Old 09-19-2002
Re: send mail to a UNIX machine to my Lotus Notes

Quote:
Originally posted by hugo
Hi,

I'am new in system administration, and I would like to send file from my UNIX machine running on Aix 4.3.3 to the Lotus Notes V5 mail of my colleagues .
So I heard about the sendmail command, but I don't know excatly how to use it for send my files .

Please if you have a idea, help me !!!
Are you wanting to do this via an automated process or from the console?

If you are wanting to do this from the console then I would suggest pine. It might even be installed by default. It supports attaching items to outbound mail.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix to Lotus Notes email attachment

We have been trying to get an email from unix to Lotus Notes to work. We finally got it to work with the following code: cat filename | uuencode filename | mailx -s "subject title" email address Now our problem is that Lotus Notes doesn't show the paper clip icon, indicating an attachment... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cowgilm
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix to Lotus Notes email attachment

Hi all, I have searched the FAQ and find that there is some threads related to this subject. But can you please give an examples on how to send attachment to Lotus Notes email through UNIX? Since i have gone through the RFC and the URL. But i still have no idea on it. Please give some... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: wilsonchan1000
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to send mail from aix to lotus with dns

hi , before installing dns on my server, all was ok I was able to send message from aix to my lotus notes server thanks to this command: mail -v aaaaaaaaaa@bbbbbbb.fr in my /etc/hosts , there was xx.xx.xx.xx lotus xx.xx.xx.xx server name in my... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hubert
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Lotus Notes on Solaris

Does anyone know if you can run Notes on a SunBlade? This is the last program I need to completely get away from all MS boxes, if I can run my Notes on my Blade I won't need this ratty MS box! Thanks! JP (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jpeery
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Encrypted Email to Lotus notes

I am using mailx command to send automated emails from the Unix to Lotus notes. Recently we got a requirement to send all emails as encrypted emails. I am not sure how I can encrypt an email using unix. Please help!! Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anamika
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading from Lotus notes mail server

Hi, is there any way Unix shell script can directly read a mail on a mail server (Lotus notes) and save it as a text file in a unix directory ? For eg mail can be at abc@xyz.com and the same should be stored at home/script on def.com (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: misenkiser
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

send mail attachment to lotus notes

Hi All, We have requirement to send lotus notes email attachment to mutiple users. Each user has a separate file name ,but the file name and mail id will be same please help urgent Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gwrmk
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Sending email to Lotus Notes

Hello, I have tired the commands like below to send a email with an attachment to IBM lotus notes uuencode filename filename | Mail -s "subject" addr uuencode filename filename | mailx -s "subject" addr uuencode filename filename | sendmail addr All of three command work. But I can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: babykings
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mail with several attachments screwed up in Lotus Notes

Hi everybody! I needto send a mail with several attachments to a foreign recepient using the following command line: neo$ (cat mailbody; uuencode file1 file1.txt; uuencode file2 file2.txt) | mailx -m -s "Mail with two attachments" john.hancock@mailserver.com The result is just fine on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: marvin70
3 Replies

10. AIX

Need help on sending emails to Lotus Notes from Unix

Hi, I am new to UNIX and any help is greatly appreciated. Requirement: Need to check the directory and if the directory has some files then an email needs to be sent to the email ID on Lotus Notes. I need help on sending an email to email ID on Lotus Notes notifying that the files... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: neetutg
3 Replies
audit_warn(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    audit_warn(1M)

NAME
audit_warn - audit daemon warning script SYNOPSIS
/etc/security/audit_warn [option [arguments]] DESCRIPTION
The audit_warn utility processes warning or error messages from the audit daemon. When a problem is encountered, the audit daemon, auditd(1M) calls audit_warn with the appropriate arguments. The option argument specifies the error type. The system administrator can specify a list of mail recipients to be notified when an audit_warn situation arises by defining a mail alias called audit_warn in aliases(4). The users that make up the audit_warn alias are typically the audit and root users. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: allhard count Indicates that the hard limit for all filesystems has been exceeded count times. The default action for this option is to send mail to the audit_warn alias only if the count is 1, and to write a message to the machine console every time. It is recommended that mail not be sent every time as this could result in a the saturation of the file system that contains the mail spool directory. allsoft Indicates that the soft limit for all filesystems has been exceeded. The default action for this option is to send mail to the audit_warn alias and to write a message to the machine console. auditoff Indicates that someone other than the audit daemon changed the system audit state to something other than AUC_AUDITING. The audit dae- mon will have exited in this case. The default action for this option is to send mail to the audit_warn alias and to write a message to the machine console. ebusy Indicates that the audit daemon is already running. The default action for this option is to send mail to the audit_warn alias and to write a message to the machine console. getacdir count Indicates that there is a problem getting the directory list or plugin list jjjjkj from audit_control(4). The audit daemon will hang in a sleep loop until the file is fixed. The default action for this option is to send mail to the audit_warn alias only if count is 1, and to write a message to the machine console every time. It is recommended that mail not be sent every time as this could result in a the saturation of the file system that contains the mail spool directory. hard filename Indicates that the hard limit for the file has been exceeded. The default action for this option is to send mail to the audit_warn alias and to write a message to the machine console. nostart Indicates that auditing could not be started. The default action for this option is to send mail to the audit_warn alias and to write a message to the machine console. Some administrators may prefer to modify audit_warn to reboot the system when this error occurs. plugin name error count text Indicates that an error occurred during execution of the auditd plugin name. The default action for this option is to send mail to the audit_warn alias only if count is 1, and to write a message to the machine console every time. (Separate counts are kept for each error type.) It is recommended that mail not be sent every time as this could result in the saturation of the file system that contains the mail spool directory. The text field provides the detailed error message passed from the plugin. The error field is one of the follow- ing strings: load_error Unable to load the plugin name. sys_error The plugin name is not executing due to a system error such as a lack of resources. config_error No plugins loaded (including the binary file plugin, audit_binfile(5)) due to configuration errors in audit_control(4). The name string is -- to indicate that no plugin name applies. retry The plugin name reports it has encountered a temporary failure. For example, the audit_binfree.so plugin uses retry to indicate that all directories are full. no_memory The plugin name reports a failure due to lack of memory. invalid The plugin name reports it received an invalid input. failure The plugin name has reported an error as described in text. postsigterm Indicates that an error occurred during the orderly shutdown of the audit daemon. The default action for this option is to send mail to the audit_warn alias and to write a message to the machine console. soft filename Indicates that the soft limit for filename has been exceeded. The default action for this option is to send mail to the audit_warn alias and to write a message to the machine console. tmpfile Indicates that the temporary audit file already exists indicating a fatal error. The default action for this option is to send mail to the audit_warn alias and to write a message to the machine console. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ The interface stability is evolving. The file content is unstable. SEE ALSO
audit(1M), auditd(1M), bsmconv(1M), aliases(4), audit.log(4), audit_control(4), attributes(5) NOTES
This functionality is available only if the Basic Security Module (BSM) has been enabled. See bsmconv(1M) for more information. If the audit policy perzone is set, the /etc/security/audit_warn script for the local zone is used for notifications from the local zone's instance of auditd. If the perzone policy is not set, all auditd errors are generated by the global zone's copy of /etc/secu- rity/audit_warn. SunOS 5.10 26 May 2004 audit_warn(1M)