Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Copyright Symbol?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Copyright Symbol? Post 28455 by Perderabo on Wednesday 18th of September 2002 04:12:43 PM
Old 09-18-2002
I'm not exactly sure what you're asking. Most scripts are written in ascii which does not support the copyright symbol. Even if you switch to a character set with a copyright symbol, the user would need a font that supports it.

On the web you can do this: © but again if I'm using a text browser on an old ascii terminal I won't be able to see it.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to append copyright to all files?

I have one file that contain copyright notice, that I would like to append to all files in our directory structure (excluding binaries). How can I do that? Thanks for your help! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SiftinDotCom
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to update copyright header on a folder

Hi, I have multiple shell scripts in diffrent folders on server. Most of them contain copyright information like on the third line * Copyright © 2004, 2005, My Inc. All rights reserved. I need to change these headers to * Copyright © 2003, 2009, My Inc. All rights reserved. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: neeto
2 Replies

3. Solaris

/usr/lib/passwdutil.so.1: symbol __nsl_fgetspent_r: referenced symbol not found

deleteing post (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dshakey
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing Symbols From a File like the copyright symbol

Hi guys, I have a txt file full of funny symbols like the copyright symbol and other funny ones that get in the way when trying to use sed. For example, not sure if you can read this but I have a line that looks like this: 24(9):995Â*1001 DOI: 10.1007/s11606-009-1053-2 © When I'm using... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: joshdg
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copyright question

Hi I hope this is the right section to post. My question is about copyrighted code. If I read some copyrighted source code to learn something new and then I would like to reuse one idea I liked what is the boundary to avoid rights problems? I mean, for example, is there the chance to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dedalus
7 Replies
Bio::Symbol::Alphabet(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				Bio::Symbol::Alphabet(3pm)

NAME
Bio::Symbol::Alphabet - BSANE/BioCORBA compliant symbol list alphabet SYNOPSIS
{ my $alphabet = Bio::Symbols::Alphabet->new(-symbols => [ @s ], -subalphabets => [ @alphas ] ); my @symbols = $alphabet->symbols; my @subalphas = $alphabet->alphabets; if( $alphabet->contains($symbol) ) { # do something } } DESCRIPTION
Alphabet contains set of symbols, which can be concatenated to form symbol lists. Sequence string, for example, is stringified representation of the symbol list (tokens of symbols). This module was implemented for the purposes of meeting the BSANE/BioCORBA spec 0.3 only. FEEDBACK
Mailing Lists User feedback is an integral part of the evolution of this and other Bioperl modules. Send your comments and suggestions preferably to the Bioperl mailing list. Your participation is much appreciated. bioperl-l@bioperl.org - General discussion http://bioperl.org/wiki/Mailing_lists - About the mailing lists Support Please direct usage questions or support issues to the mailing list: bioperl-l@bioperl.org rather than to the module maintainer directly. Many experienced and reponsive experts will be able look at the problem and quickly address it. Please include a thorough description of the problem with code and data examples if at all possible. Reporting Bugs Report bugs to the Bioperl bug tracking system to help us keep track of the bugs and their resolution. Bug reports can be submitted via the web: https://redmine.open-bio.org/projects/bioperl/ AUTHOR - Jason Stajich Email jason@bioperl.org APPENDIX
The rest of the documentation details each of the object methods. Internal methods are usually preceded with a _ new Title : new Usage : my $obj = Bio::Symbol::Alphabet->new(); Function: Builds a new Bio::Symbol::Alphabet object Returns : Bio::Symbol::Alphabet Args : -symbols => Array ref of Bio::Symbol::SymbolI objects -subalphas=> Array ref of Bio::Symbol::AlphabetI objects representing sub alphabets AlphabetI Interface methods symbols Title : symbols Usage : my @symbols = $alphabet->symbols(); Function: Get/Set Symbol list for an alphabet List of symbols, which make up this alphabet. Returns : Array of Bio::Symbol::SymbolI objects Args : (optionalalphabets) Array of Bio::Symbol::SymbolI objects alphabets Title : alphabets Usage : my @alphabets = $alphabet->alphabets(); Function: Get/Set Sub Alphabet list for an alphabet Sub-alphabets. E.g. codons made from DNAxDNAxDNA alphabets Returns : Array of Bio::Symbol::AlphabetI objects Args : (optional) Array of Bio::Symbol::AlphabetI objects contains Title : contains Usage : if($alphabet->contains($symbol)) { } Function: Tests of Symbol is contained in this alphabet Returns : Boolean Args : Bio::Symbol::SymbolI perl v5.14.2 2012-03-02 Bio::Symbol::Alphabet(3pm)