Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: core dumped
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers core dumped Post 28398 by yls177 on Wednesday 18th of September 2002 02:28:32 AM
Old 09-18-2002
core dumped

what is segmentation core dumped?
how should i respond?
yls177

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Hello To All! Now anfd then I receive a message on my console: Segmentation fault (core dumped) What does it mean? Or more precisely what are the implications? :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ivo
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Bus Error Core Dumped

I faced following problem while restoring root backup Server : Compaq Proliant 6000 OS SCO : Unixware 7.0 #tar - xvf /dev/rmt/ctape1 After extracting some files following error message occurred and process stopped # BUS ERROR CORE DUMPED What may be the problem? How to avoid... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: j1yant
1 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Abort core dumped!!!!

HI All, I am working on Solaris 8, i have this application runing on one of the partitions,(the installation was done here ie /export/home) And the out put of this goes to another parition of other disk attached to the same machine. After a certain period of time is get this error stating... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zing
2 Replies

4. Programming

Segmentation Fault (core dumped)

what r the situations to receive an error msg like the one below Segmentation Fault (core dumped) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bankpro
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Memory Fault - Core Dumped

I use SCO UNIX 5.07 on a Compaq Proliant Machine. Each time I press the Escape or Delete key while running a program or issuing a FoxBase+ command from the dot prompt, I receive the error message: "Memory Fault - Core Dumped" and the screen locks up immediately. I would appreciate if necessary... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bayuz
0 Replies

6. Programming

Memory Fault,Core dumped

I have written a code in UNIX which is complied by using g++. Compling with turbo C didnt yield any errors, but with g++ I am getting Memory fault, core dumped. Could anyone help me out with this? Given below is the code: #include<stdio.h> #include<string.h> #include<stdlib.h>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: usshell
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Segmentation Fault (core dumped)

i am getting Segmentation Fault (core dumped) on solaris, but when i run the same program with same input on linux it runs successfully. How can i trace the fault in program on solaris. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: junaid.nehvi
6 Replies

8. Solaris

segmentation fault core dumped

i am getting segmentation fault (core dumped) i tried following things but couldn't understand what is wrong with my prog and where the problem is.... i have only adb debugger available on solaris.... so plz help bash-3.00$ pstack core core 'core' of 765: ./mod_generalised_tapinread... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: junaid.nehvi
4 Replies

9. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

(core dumped) | gjar

hello, when i make gcc 4.4.2 i get this message find gnu java javax org sun -name .svn -prune -o -name '*.class' -print | \ gjar -cfM@ $here/libgcj-4.4.2.jar /bin/sh: line 2: 32730 Done find gnu java javax org sun -name .svn -prune -o -name '*.class'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aleppos
2 Replies

10. Programming

C: Memory Fault (core dumped)

When I run programm show this message: Memory Fault (core dumped) Does anyone can help me and tell me what is wrong? please #include <stdlib.h> #include <stdio.h> #include <process.h> #include <unistd.h> #include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/wait.h> int main(int argc, char *argv) { ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ebasse2
3 Replies
change_managed()														  change_managed()

Name
  change_managed     -	   Composite	 class	   method     to     respond	 to	a     change	 in	a     list     of     managed
  widgets.

Synopsis
  typedef void (*XtWidgetProc)(Widget);
	 Widget w;

Inputs
  w	    Specifies the widget that has had children managed or unmanaged.

Description
  The change_managed() method is registered on the change_managed field of the Composite class part structure, and is invoked when a child or
  children are managed or unmanaged with XtManageChild(), XtManageChildren(), XtUnmanageChild(), or XtUnmanageChildren().

When	a  child  is managed or unmananged, it generally means that the layout of all the children of the widget should be redone.  Note that
  this method does not have an argument which specifies which children have had their managed state changed.   change_managed()  should  loop
  through  all	of the children in its children array, using XtIsManaged() to determine which are managed and should therefore be included in
  the layout calculations.

The change_managed() method is not chained.  A widget class that does not define a change_managed() method can inherit this method from its
  superclass by specifying XtInheritChangeManaged in its Composite change_managed() class field.

Usage
  Many	change_managed()  methods  simply  call a general layout routine which may also be called from other places in the widget such as the
  resize() method.

Example
  The following procedure is the change_managed() method for the Xaw Form widget.  Note how it loops through all  of  its  children,  setting
  constraint  fields for those that are managed, and then calls a layout routine (which is a class method of the Form widget in this case) to
  recalculate the layout of all children.  It makes no attempt to determine which children have been managed or unmanaged.

static void ChangeManaged(w)
	 Widget w;
     {
       FormWidget fw = (FormWidget)w;
       FormConstraints form;
       WidgetList children, childP;
       int num_children = fw->composite.num_children;
       Widget child;

/*
	* Reset virtual width and height for all children.
	*/

for (children = childP = fw->composite.children ;
	    childP - children < num_children; childP++) {
	 child = *childP;
	 if (XtIsManaged(child)) {
	   form = (FormConstraints)child->core.constraints;

/*
      * If the size is one (1) then we must not change the virtual sizes, as
      * they contain useful information.  If someone actually wants a widget
      * of width or height one (1) in a form widget he will lose, can't win
      * them all.
      * Chris D. Peterson 2/9/89.
      */

if ( child->core.width != 1)
	     form->form.virtual_width = (int) child->core.width;
	   if ( child->core.height != 1)
	     form->form.virtual_height = (int) child->core.height;
	 }
       }
       (*((FormWidgetClass)w->core.widget_class)->form_class.layout)
					      ((FormWidget) w, w->core.width,
					       w->core.height, TRUE);
     }

See Also
  Composite(3), Constraint(3).

Xt - Intrinsics Methods 													  change_managed()