Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: unix create instance
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers unix create instance Post 28349 by WIntellect on Tuesday 17th of September 2002 12:15:40 PM
Old 09-17-2002
My box has a sorta tripple-boot:

WinME Smilie
FreeBSD 4.6.2 Smilie
FreeBSD Stable Smilie

I've had no troubles running it like this! Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to create a Unix Network?

I am having a small office with 10 pc. I want to create a unix network.Help me in creating the network. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivekanand
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create Unix User

Is there any way to create user with default password by shell script withoud manual intervantion and from a text file having user's information and default password. Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wenay
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create a unix shell

Hello, Can somebody help me find tutorials or example for creating a basic unix shell with minimal functionalities. I am a beginner and want to know about how really the shell works. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pleaseteachmeun
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

create New UNIX User

Hi all, I wish to create some users, I can do that using the following command. useradd I wonder If i could create Uers as a clone of Root. I mean different users but having the same provileages as Root user. Can be ablle to access the Root Dir and so on .. Please help me out Is this... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Asteroid
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

create new user in unix

hi how to create new user in unix plz explain me (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arulkumar
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

create group in unix

Hi, I want to create group in unix. what is the command? how to create a group and add a user into that group? Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: senthil_is
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace first instance(not first instance in line)

Alright, I think I know what I am doing with sed(which probably means I don't). But I cant figure out how to replace just the first occurance of a string. I have tried sed, ed, and grep but can't seem to figure it out. If you have any suggestions I am open to anything! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: IronHorse7
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create a unix account

Hi, Please could some advise how to create a unix account, from the root account. thanks you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venhart
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Multiple Instance of Unix Shell Script

Hi All, I have a problem mentioned below. I have a script which performs line by line operations on several files. I have a temp_file storing the list of names of the file to be validated. Right not in while loop i validate these files one by one. Is there anyway that i can modify... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amitaryans
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Getting error while trying to create a Solaris boot instance

I issue the following command to create a boot instance from an active boot instance on solaris 11.1. beadm create -a -d "Oracle x86 64 BIT Solaris SunOS Rel 5.11 Ver 11.1 10/2012 Enable SSH " OraSolBcp I get the following error below;- be_mount_callback: failed to mount dataset... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tenyhwa
5 Replies
BEASTIE.4TH(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					    BEASTIE.4TH(8)

NAME
beastie.4th -- FreeBSD ASCII art boot module DESCRIPTION
The file that goes by the name of beastie.4th is a set of commands designed to draw the ASCII art FreeBSD mascot -- known simply as beastie -- to the right of the boot loader menu. The commands of beastie.4th by themselves are not enough for most uses. Please refer to the exam- ples below for the most common situations, and to loader(8) for additional commands. Before using any of the commands provided in beastie.4th, it must be included through the command: include beastie.4th This line is present in the default /boot/loader.rc file, so it is not needed (and should not be re-issued) in a normal setup. The commands provided by it are: draw-beastie Draws the FreeBSD logo. The logo that is drawn is configured by setting the loader_logo variable in loader.conf(5) to one of ``beastie'', ``beastiebw'', ``fbsdbw'', ``orb'', and ``orbbw'' (the default). The position of the logo can be configured by setting the loader_logo_x and loader_logo_y variables in loader.conf(5). The default values are 46 (x) and 4 (y). clear-beastie Clears the screen of beastie. beastie-start Initializes the interactive boot loader menu. The loader_delay variable can be configured in loader.conf(5) to the number of seconds you would like to delay loading the boot menu. During the delay the user can press Ctrl-C to fall back to autoboot or ENTER to proceed. The default behavior is to not delay. The environment variables that effect its behavior are: loader_logo Selects the desired logo in the beastie boot menu. Possible values are: ``fbsdbw'', ``beastie'', ``beastiebw'', ``orb'', ``orbbw'' (default), and ``none''. loader_logo_x Sets the desired column position of the logo. Default is 46. loader_logo_y Sets the desired row position of the logo. Default is 4. beastie_disable If set to ``YES'', the beastie boot menu will be skipped. The beastie boot menu is always skipped if booting UEFI or running non-x86 hardware. loader_delay If set to a number higher than zero, introduces a delay before starting the beastie boot menu. During the delay the user can press either Ctrl-C to skip the menu or ENTER to proceed to the menu. The default is to not delay when loading the menu. FILES
/boot/loader The loader(8). /boot/beastie.4th beastie.4th itself. /boot/loader.rc loader(8) bootstrapping script. EXAMPLES
Standard i386 /boot/loader.rc: include /boot/beastie.4th beastie-start Set a different logo in loader.conf(5): loader_logo="beastie" SEE ALSO
loader.conf(5), loader(8), loader.4th(8) HISTORY
The beastie.4th set of commands first appeared in FreeBSD 5.1. AUTHORS
The beastie.4th set of commands was written by Scott Long <scottl@FreeBSD.org>, Aleksander Fafula <alex@fafula.com> and Devin Teske <dteske@FreeBSD.org>. BSD
April 27, 2014 BSD